Reviews by CharlesB

Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche

I remember kids in middle school and then high school in the late 80s to mid 90s, douse themselves in this chemical mace. Like many teenage boys its loud, and abrasive with no smoothness or subtlety. These memories are probably the main reason I don't like the smell of it. tTruthfully this is really a young adults fragrance,much in the same vain as Axe today. I personally could not see myself today wearing it. BTW, A few friends and I would use it to fire small home built potato mortars. It was the only real use I found for it.
19th February, 2010

Burberry Summer for Men by Burberry

Its unfortunate that I don't like Burberry Summer since i am a fan of most Burberry fragrances. This cologne comes off way as a strong industrial citrus smell, that makes my head spin. After 50 mins the scent is all but gone.

L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

Overall I like the L'Homme, though at this time indifferent to it. It has an nice mix of smells, that give it texture. The only thing is that I consider the opening too sweet and thus too feminine for my tastes. I'm not a fan of overly sweet fragrances, some sweetness is fine but this one is a bit too much more my tastes. On top of this there is a strong soapy smell that I also don't like. Maybe with more time I will change my mind.

Dunhill Signature by Dunhill

Smells cheap & synthetic. The opening entices my gag reflexes.

Prada Amber pour Homme by Prada

Opening is way too sweet, and feminine.

Green Water by Jacques Fath

The opening smell is too strong of a green & citrus for my tastes. It actually makes me gag. Otherwise, it is a nice clean fragrance. Its seem to be a quality made fragrance, with good projection, and longevity. It mjust not for me.

Cool Water by Davidoff

When first applied it has a horrible synthetic chemical smell, sort of like a industrial grade cleaner. As for comparison to GIT which I also dislike, it does have the same flour/ green smell, but more synthetic to GIT.

Chrome by Azzaro

Strong chemical industrial smell in the opening, then in short time dissipates to nothing. Nothing I care about.

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

When I was a teen this was my first fragrance I bought. Now as I have matured, and expanded my horizons I no longer care for it. Too boring for my tastes, with no longevity. I have only used half of the the first bottle bought in 1997. Recently I compared my bottle with a new sample to check it smell, only to find that my vintage GIO has changed. Over the years it has fermented into something much worse than original.