Reviews by *bloomy*

Bois des Îles by Chanel

This one is a masterpiece. Phenomenally classy. Delicious smooth sandalwood with just the right floral touch. I absolutely adore Bois des Iles, TWO THUMBS WAY UP!!!
21st May, 2010 (last edited: 08th May, 2012)

Tubéreuse Criminelle by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

Well, I'm not gonna rehash the notes in Tubereuse Criminelle as everyone is well aware of them by now. I'm just here to give this one two thumbs up. I personally LOVE the wicked camphor/wintergreen blast, so refreshing and different from any other treatment of tuberose that I've ever smelled. Good longevity and reasonable sillage, you won't suffocate your co-workers with this one. Truly a masterpiece in its own right.
29th April, 2010

Tilleul by L'Occitane

Foetidus said it all. Yes, it's light, perfect for summer. Yes, the longevity leaves something to be desired. I went through many many bottles of this sheer and beautiful linden blossom frag. It was so ethereal and calming, that I didn't mind, just kept spritzing away....until it was discontinued. I have not been able to find this for years except on theBay. Why would L'Occitane do such a thing? My search for something similar continues.
07th April, 2010

Dior Addict Shine by Christian Dior

Dior Addict Shine EDT notes include: cedrat, raspberry, gardenia and cedar wood. I like the sparkly citrus opening, its tangy and bright like raspberry lemonade. But that is where it ends for me, on my skin I don't smell much gardenia or the supposed cedar base note at all. Zero longevity, completely gone in an hour. Too bad, I really wanted to like this one for summer. Honestly, I can't see anyone spending money on this unless it's an impulse purchase from spritzing at the counter...and a Dior no less!
06th April, 2010

À la Nuit by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

After several tries, I came to the same conclusion as Nukapai and Diamondflame. This is a gorgeous pure jasmine frag, but I think I prefer my jasmine in real plant form or perhaps mixed in with other notes. And while I think A La Nuit is lovely, well made and I desperately wanted to be able to wear it, I cannot. The underlying skatole component gives this one a slight putrid tendency that, like a close talker with bad breath, I just can't ignore.
09th March, 2010

Dior Homme by Christian Dior

LOVE the IRIS!!! Normally I'm not too fond of powdery scents, but the wood keeps it from being too soft. Definitely unisex...I'd wear this one myself and plan on doing just that.
05th March, 2010

Diorissimo by Christian Dior

I tested the newest version: I wish I loved this... Lily of the Valley is one of my all-time favorite flowers. It's probably just my body chemistry After the initial lovely LotV blast, a nauseating note develops, like something is rotting. Not a terrible scent and I will continue to test on different occasions. Hoping this gets better....
05th March, 2010

Din-Dan by Lostmarc'h

Smelled like Lemon Pledge initially and on my skin it disappeared within an hour, thankfully.
04th March, 2010

Verte Violette by L'Artisan Parfumeur

I desperately wanted to love this one. Violets are an absolute fave of mine, plus I adore fresh green scents. You would think it a match made in heaven.

However, it was so faint and close to my skin that I could not tell I was wearing it. Had to literally press my nose to the crook of my arm to get a whiff. I prefer to be able to smell my scents wafting around me as I move about during the day.

At any rate I'm gonna obtain another sample and douse myself again. Just trying to find something that reminds me of the violette perfume I wore when I was eight years old, it was a gift and I cannot recall what it was.
26th February, 2010

Jess by Jessica McClintock

I received a large bottle of Jess as a gift from someone who thought they were purchasing an old fave of mine (Jessica McClintock). I tried it several times and sneezed EVERY TIME I tried, culminating in a horrific headaches. Nasty vile stuff that smells cheap and synthetic...sorry, there isn't anything to like about this frag.
25th February, 2010

Jessica McClintock by Jessica McClintock

I used to love this Lily of the Valley floral and went through several bottles in the late eighties/early nineties. I did receive many compliments when I wore it. Even though I am still very fond of LotV scents I could never wear this one now...guess I have outgrown it.
25th February, 2010

Thé Pour un Été by L'Artisan Parfumeur

I really enjoy this jasmine tea floral combo, however I found that it does not last very long on my skin. A very light, super safe frag for the more timid peeps and which I think is slightly too feminine to be unisex.... beautiful nonetheless.
24th February, 2010

L'Eau de L'Artisan by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Nice, light and fresh, but kinda boring. This frag would never offend anyone, but it isn't likely to even be noticed either. Was not long lasting for me.
22nd February, 2010

Magnolia by L'Occitane

To the best of my knowledge, the original Magnolia EDT has been discontinued. What a shame, it's such a lovely fragrance.
22nd February, 2010

Shanti Shanti by Miller et Bertaux

Absolutely gorgeous Bulgarian rose and sandalwood. Rich and full, not sharp/harsh as some rose scents can be.
20th February, 2010

Té by Beth Terry Creative Universe

I adore some tea scents. However this one reminds me of The Healing Garden's green tea and that is not a good thing. This is light and so utterly fleeting that I was left wondering, what's the point?

Fleurs d'Oranger by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

I love this one. Rich and intoxicating, just the way it should be.

Zagara by Santa Maria Novella

Another one of my favorite orange blossom frags. Lovely and refreshing, bright sparkling with lots of citrus zest. Unfortunately it is not long lasting...just keep splashin' it on!

Cristalle Eau de Toilette by Chanel

Bright green classy floral that has definitely stood the test of time. Sparkling, green and refreshing. Cristalle has been a fave in my wardrobe for decades.