Reviews by Kerosene

Kerosene's avatar
    Kerosene

Bois de Violette by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

Sweet, almost smells like a grape popsicle for some reason. It's more on the feminine side of the unisex line. The juice is well done, just not my cup of tea.

28 February, 2011

Bang by Marc Jacobs

If you dont like pepper, this wont be for you. I get an inky, woody pepper taste that is lovely.

05 February, 2011

Sécrétions Magnifiques by Etat Libre d'Orange

This is an odor, not perfume, plain and simple. Doesn't take a genius to make something smelly, if so, I am one too because the bottom of my garbage can smells similar to SM.

06 October, 2010

Wall Street by Bond No. 9

I really enjoy this scent. To me, it doesnt smell like SMW or MI, it's closer related to Heeley's Sel Marin, but with the off-beat oceanic flavor, instead of a fresh ocean scent. The biggest difference being the cucumber opening. The musky drydown is the stage where people are either going to like this or not. Definitely a try before you buy on this.

08 September, 2010

Visit by Azzaro

This has a Zirh Ikon vibe without the cinnamon and not as much incense. Very nice scent.

03 September, 2010

Cubano Copper by Victory International

This smells like a copy of Cool Water but with a little bit of a powdery drydown. Smells nice, nothing new. But nice.

28 August, 2010

Nuits de NoHo by Bond No. 9

Im really starting to like this scent the more I test it out. It's very unisex and didnt know it was marketed for women until I just looked it up. I get a floral, semi-sweet, semi-rich vanilla. But the vanilla is toned down and doesnt smell too heavy. Enjoyable!

26 August, 2010

Eau de Gentiane Blanche by Hermès

Very fresh, bright, crisp green scent. Reminds me of playing out in the weeds when I was a kid.

25 August, 2010

Oxygène Homme by Lanvin

It's not awesome, but a pleasant "airy" scent with some pepper added in. Very casual. It reminds me of Hugo Element without the notes that make me ill.

23 August, 2010

Calvin Klein Man by Calvin Klein

I adore this scent. It's cool and yet warm with light spices and woodyness. On my skin, it turns into a nice musky scent in the drydown. Doesnt last a super long time though, around 5-6 hours. Not original, but very pleasant to my nose.

12 August, 2010

Lolita Lempicka Fleur Défendue / Forbidden Flower by Lolita Lempicka

This scent just bugs my nose. It's to acrid or something. The musky tones in it are very dry and irritating. Im not a fan of this one. If it had a little more sweetness, it'd be tolerable.

25 July, 2010

Curve Connect for Men by Liz Claiborne

This is just a pleasant fragrance to wear and you can find it dirt cheap, usually around $15 for a 4.2oz bottle. It's slightly sweet with a hint of floral and woods. Definitely for casual wear.

18 May, 2010

Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès

Refreshing, bright, and not edgy. The only con is that it doesnt last long on my skin. Probably around 4 hours.

14 May, 2010

Classique X Collection by Jean Paul Gaultier

This is a toned down version of the original. But it has a sharp, piercing note that almost hurts to smell, something floral that I can quite pick out. The original is better, especially in the drydown area.

11th May, 2010

Gaultier² by Jean Paul Gaultier

Liked the opening until the sweetness decayed all of my teeth and I got a headache. If you dont like sweet fragrances, you wont like this one. Vanilla, dipped in sugar cane.

11th May, 2010

Hugo Energise by Hugo Boss

Im not a huge fan of the Hugo line. But this one is my favorite of what I've smelled in their House. I like the light peppery/citrus opening and the smooth, yet crisp drydown. It's just pleasant to wear on the warm day.

11th April, 2010

Infusion d'Homme by Prada

I would define this as a clean, classy scent. Good silage, slightly warm on the skin with decent projection.

09 April, 2010

L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme by Kenzo

I dont get Vibert's analogy with colone with this one. I dont get that at all with this fragrance. To me, it's a fresh lemon/citrus opening, then after a few hours it mellows to a lightly sweet, creamy drydown. The scent is great in warm weather and never overpowers but is always present.

07 April, 2010

Ed Hardy Man by Christian Audigier

This is a very comfortable fragrance that seems it could do well all year round in different climates. Nothing sharp or piercing. A very soft, masculine scent with a little bit of spice and woods. Im hoping to add this to my wardrobe this year.

25 March, 2010

Chrome by Azzaro

Consider me a non-fan of this scent. To my nose, it just doesnt speak of any importance and smells rather blah. It does have a fresh quality and that's where my praises end.

24 March, 2010

Kenzo Power by Kenzo

I absolutely love this fragrance. It's soft, bright, comforting, not overly sweet with the florals. When I put it on for the first time, I went, "ahhh, that's nice." :) This could very well be my new goto summer scent.

16 March, 2010

Bulgari Black by Bulgari

I had to change my first review of this one. I really like this one now and didnt give it a good shake on the first trial. Smokey, hints of leather and fresh rubber and vanilla. More masculine than feminine and not as daring as the note breakdown suggests.

16 March, 2010 (Last Edited: 02 September, 2010)

Joop! Homme by Joop!

This fragrance is one of the few that makes me wretch. Dont know if it's that candy opening, but ugh, don't get the attraction to this one.

15 March, 2010

Ange ou Démon Le Secret by Givenchy

I went shopping for perfume for my wife and an SA showed me this one. Dang, what a wonderful scent. Smells classy and sexy and sweet all at the same time. I picked this over Flora by Gucci.

14 March, 2010

Blue Jeans by Versace

Wow, this one is very sweet. Borders on being feminine. The 1st hour of it reminds me of Burberry Brit for Women. It has that sweet sorta candy smell. It is certainly strong and has some grunt to it.

13 March, 2010

Escale à Portofino by Christian Dior

This fragrance is bright and edgy at first. Then settles to a fresh, crisp scent. I love walking behind my wife when she's wearing this. The fragrance leaves a pleasant scent trail.

09 March, 2010

DKNY Men (New) by Donna Karan

Smells clean and fresh, but it's nothing original.

08 March, 2010

Burberry the Beat for Men by Burberry

I love this scent. Very Masculine. If you dont like pepper, look elsewhere. The leather undertones beneath the pepper is great. It takes about 30 minutes to really settle on the skin.

06 March, 2010

CK Free by Calvin Klein

Yeah, I gotta post a newer review of this. It's horrible. I originally posted my first positive review based on the opening to Free. But the drydown isnt good. Reminds me of a 50/50 blend of Escape and Eternity rolling around in a muck of musk.

26 February, 2010 (Last Edited: 29 August, 2010)

Burberry the Beat by Burberry

The drydown on this reminds me so much of the drydown for Dirty English. I sampled Beat today and after a half hour, I had thought I put on DE. Although the opening is really nice, unlike DE.

26 February, 2010