Reviews by Uenoparker

He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood by Dsquared2

This is a wonderful scent (if you can catch a whiff of it). I wish that I could smell the wood, but after the first 30 seconds or so it's gone. The sillage is minimal to non-existant; when I'm wearing this I'll sometimes catch a hint of beautiful florals, but nothing more, and that will pass quickly. I've worn this (with multiple applications) for the last 2 days, and really enjoy everything that I notice -- just wish I noticed more. After my first 3-spray application I asked my wife what she thought, to which she replied, "subtle... I can't smell anything...".
17th May, 2011

Yerbamate by Lorenzo Villoresi

Yerbamate opens brilliantly with green notes that distinguish it from many other "green" scents (think Creed GIT or GV, or PdN Vetiver). But the green notes vanish within 15-20 minutes morphing inexplicably into something akin to PdN New York or Caron 3rd Man. I was interested in the first 15 minutes, but I don't need another sweet powdery scent, so this one gets a pass.
07th May, 2011

Sartorial by Penhaligon's

The name alone caught my attention. I checked all over Tokyo at the usual purveyors of PH frags seeking the first that would have this one. Found it today at Isetan in Shinjuku. It's undeniably a masculine fragrance, reminding me of Japanese barber shops. The closest frag I've experienced to this one is New York by Parfums de Nicolai, and similar to that one, I can't get away from the powdery scent that seems to endure from start to finish. I like this one slightly better than New York, but not enough that I want to have both in my wardrobe.
03rd November, 2010