Reviews by Quixotiq

Quixotiq's avatar
    Quixotiq

Muscs Koublaï Khän by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

It makes no sense at all trying to describe this gorgeous and unique work of art. THIS is my holy grail! This is my pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. This is my light at the end of a dark tunnel. This is ME! When I wear it, I feel as if I am complete. I wear it on my wrists. I wear it on the insides of my elbows. I wear it behind my ears. I wear it behind my knees. I wear it on the small of my back. I dab some on my "pleasure trail".. I wear it to work. I wear it to art galleries. I were it to bed. I wear it during sex. I wear it whenever I feel like it. No certain occasion needed.
    I am so proud to be the owner of this precious and exclusive masterpiece. Whenever I wear Muscs Koublai Khan, I feel like a better man!

25 May, 2007

Noir Epices by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

I hated this with a passion at first, but now, I TOTALLY adore the candied orange peel, clove, patchouli combo in this.

27 December, 2006 (Last Edited: 16 December, 2009)

The Unicorn Spell by LesNez

To me, this smells like a freshly open can of green beans and a boiling pot of tea.. Guess I'm not really a fan of violets.

14 November, 2006 (Last Edited: 18 July, 2011)

Oxygène Homme by Lanvin

This was given to me as a gift just the other day by a friend who thought she was purchasing the womens version..
    I don't know what made her think I would want it since its such a departure from the spicier/floral scents that I usually wear.
    But anyway,

PROS:
    I can definitely see this one being perfect for hot summer days at the beach in July. It is a light, crisp and fresh aquatic. I tested this on myself in the afternoon (in front of my friend..much to her delight) and by the evening, I could still clearly smell this on my skin, even slightly while taking a shower before going to bed.

CONS:
    This has been done before. It smells like just about any other commercial scent you would find on the "lift here to experience _________" pages of fashion magazines and department store literature.

If I were looking for a more unique aquatic I would definitely choose L'Eau par Kenzo which I feel is far superior.

16 October, 2006

Fleur de Narcisse by L'Artisan Parfumeur

I called L'artisan's SOHO boutique and asked for samples of Passage D'Enfer and Dzongkha (both of which I adore) and much to my delight, I was sent this as well. I think this is also called "Fleur De Narcisse", or at least thats what was written on the sample cardboard I was sent.
    Honestly, I have no idea what a Narcissus flower looks or smells like, but when I smell this, I think of a bright white waxy flower with a long stem that has been crushed by hand....
    I smell the essence of both the white of the bloom and the green stalk of this particular flower..and nothing else. It does smell like something more suited to women in the sample bottle... but when I put it on my skin, I noticed that this one isn't gender specific at all. On me, it just works!
    Surprisingly for this house, this one lasts quite a bit.. which leads me to believe that this may be an edp.
    I've tried layering it with Timbuktu. LOTS of compliments!

10th October, 2006