Reviews by IMightBeWrong

Arber by Body Shop

I like this for casual daytime wear. It reminds me of a scent that I wore in high school, almost identical, that was discontinued. Don't remember the name of it. But this reminds me of that fragrance more than anything else, and that one got me a lot of complements. I don't wear this one often, but now and then it's nice and reminds me of my youth.

24 March, 2010

Zegna Colonia by Ermenegildo Zegna

I'm not in love with this scent, but I liked it enough to pick up a bottle. It's a good, solid fresh fragrance for daytime. It's biggest downside is it's simplicity. Not much to it other than wood and lemon. But that simplicity makes it very safe and easy to wear at the same time.

La Nuit de L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

Tried this one 2 days in a row and I really wanted to like it, but it just doesn't do anything for me. It's got a sweetness to it with a hint of spice, but the spice fades away and you're left with something simple and comparable to Armani Diamonds in my opinion. It just doesn't seem to catch anybody's attention, even my own when I'm wearing it. On the plus side, the scent has decent longevity, but it doesn't have anything to make it stand out.

Armani Code / Black Code by Giorgio Armani

This oriental fragrance is one of the first that ever really impressed me. When I was first starting to fall in love with colognes, this one was love at first sniff. It's complex without being overly complex. The citrus makes it great for daytime, but I can get away with it on a casual evening out and have on quite a few occasions. Absolutely love the way I smell when this fragrance mixes with my body chemistry.

Givenchy pour Homme Blue Label by Givenchy

This is one that I let the 2 most important women in my life choose for me, my fiancee and my mother, and I do believe they picked right. I'm on my second bottle now and it's a great evening scent if it mixes well with your natural odor. My father got jealous and bought himself a bottle as well. This is one you may have to wear a few times to appreciate fully, and be careful not to overdo it because that grapefruit smell can get overpowering.

Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger

I no longer wear this fragrance, but I do highly respect it. Some may not appreciate it, but the proof is in the pudding: I've gotten more complements wearing this cologne than any other I've worn in my life. It's a good scent, 'nuff said. So why don't I wear it anymore? Because it just isn't me. It's a youthful scent, and while I may still be young I don't feel the need to boast it. For those that do, it's a great fragrance for high school and college.

Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene

The only reason I didn't give this a 1 star rating is because it has longevity, so if for some reason you want to smell like a wet cat all day this fragrance is your best friend. Overly bitter and devoid of anything pleasurable to the nostrils, the only unique thing about this scent is how awful it is. I don't know why I ever gave this a shot on my skin. I probably felt that it deserved a shot to prove me wrong after my initial impression. I've never gotten negative comments on a fragrance I've worn in the past, and this one got me more than one. I hate to give a negative review, and I tried to give this fragrance a chance. Honestly, I wouldn't wish this stuff onto my worst enemies.

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana

This fragrance holds a special place in my heart as the fragrance I wore when I first met my soon to be bride. When I had first bought it, I had done so specifically to have a fresh fragrance that wasn't on everybody that passed me at the grocery store. It worked out for me quite well, plenty of complements and perfect longevity. I stopped wearing it for about a year after meeting her and when I finally put it on again she took notice saying, "You smell like you did when we first met..."

To put it shortly, this is a fresh scent, it will stay on you throughout the day, and above all else it is memorable. That's what separates a classic fragrance from any other.

Curve for Men by Liz Claiborne

My father bought me a bottle as my first fragrance when I was about 12 or 13 years old. I loved it. I could put it on in the morning and still smell of it when school got out, and it smelled good. I got complemented on this a few times a week, and even my teachers would comment on how grown up I smelled. If it hadn't been for this fragrance while I was young, I may have ended up wearing axe body spray (if anything!) as an adult. Nowadays, I can still smell it and remember those days. I'm a bit old for it now, but any parents that want to buy their son's their first cologne can't get much better than this great, fresh frag.

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

This fragrance is extremely popular and I can see why, but for that reason alone I stray away from it. Those less in-the-know seem to think that cologne is for covering up the way they smell, but it's actually about finding what mixes with your chemistry to create a great smell. This scent doesn't mix with my chemistry, it covers it up, and it seems to work in the same way on everybody I know who wears it. It's got a decent longevity, though, and is a safe scent for going to work in most cases.