Reviews by ideolog

Absynthe for Him by Christian Lacroix

I tried to like this fragranc as soon as I was impressed by the bottle design and advertising of it. I was fooled. It's extremely spicy and at the same time sweet - the combination that makes me feel really bad. As it dries down it gets more bearable, but it's still neither pleasant for me, nor seductive for the women around (yes, you can tell). Thumbs down.

10th April, 2010

Platinum Égoïste by Chanel

Platinum Égoïste - is a fantastic fragrance, that you can fall in love with not during a short stay in the shop but having tried to wear it for at least one day.
    It's definitely not a simple scent, it feels like it's built of at least six layers of notes instead of the usual three. You never stop being surprised how the fragrance goes through multiple metamorphosis during the time, each time being a pleasant surprise for the owner.

The name suits the perfume well. It's a great perfume to wear for Yourself, not for Others.
    You don't get much compliments when you wear it and it's definitely not the one of those seducing fragrances that do the job for you...
    Nevertheless, You wear Platinum Egoiste because You love it and that's all what matters. You swim in the universe of the delicious fragrance of Your own perfume. Others will not get it. They "never see the whole picture".

If you are interested, get a sample. Trying Platinum in the shop will not show you the whole universe, only the parts.

24 March, 2010

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

I love this fragrance. Some experts say it's too simple and dull. I would say, it's fragrance is intelligent, soft, fresh and clean. It's very practical and suitable for everyday use.
    The best analogy I can think of is how maestro Giorgio Armani dresses himself.
    He wears a plain black t-shirt, black jeans and black watch. It's simple, but who says it's a minus? You don't have to wear your best suit every day.

P.S. I am not a perfume expert, just a man who loves fragrances.

24 March, 2010