Reviews by ramin

Aura for Men by Jacomo

It is a tea based cologne and as with most jacomo colognes, it is different than many main stream ones. I recommend it.
22nd January, 2013

Rochas Lui by Rochas

little bit sweet, little bit spicy, a bit green. All blend very nicely to create smooth warm masculine cologne without being stuffy. Another classy winner from rochas. I also love the bottle.
09th April, 2006

Esencia Loewe by Loewe

I too when I first smelled this colgne immediately after applying, was actully put off but after a few minutes it developed into one of the greatest fragrances that I beleive exists. I is unique,manly, with a strong character. This one will always be among my to ten favorites
06th April, 2006

Gigli Man by Romeo Gigli

A light and wonderful fragrance. I have not smelled anything quite like it and yet it smells so simple. The word to describe it is wonderfully uplifting and yet subtle.
13th March, 2006

Apparition Homme by Ungaro

I expected more from ungaro. This is a scent which does not leave an impression and has little charactor of its own. Yhe woman's version was a great scent but this one is forgettable.
13th March, 2006

Xeryus Rouge by Givenchy

This is one of my favourite colognes. If I were a womean I would describe it as warm and sexy. I find it in line with those older classic givenchy colognes.
10th November, 2005

Monsieur de Givenchy by Givenchy

One of the best colognes ever made. it is a warm citrus cologne with a character of its own. If you ever smell on someone you will instantly recognize it.
They do not make this kind of colognes anymore.

Monsieur de Givenchy II by Givenchy

Not too many people know this cologne. The smell of this one is very similar to greenergy. It has a smooth green smell and i kind of like it.

Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene

Grey Flannel is defenitley an original cologne. I can not think odf another cologne like it. It is warm without being heavy. The name perfecly fits the smell.

Greenergy by Givenchy

Greenergy is a sporty relatively light, green scent. Since I like green scent I bought this one based on its name and the color of its liquid. It is pleasant/smooth/warm scent which to me sits right on the borderline of casual and dressy.

Eau de Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene

It is not a lighter version of grey flannel. But as a sporty light scent it is pleasant. I do recommend it.

Bowling Green by Geoffrey Beene

The initial citrus smell is one of the stongest among this family of colognes. this one is a citrusy cologne with a character of its own. It is pleasant without being too light. And the name captures the smell perfectly. Too bad it tis out of production.

Monsieur Rochas by Rochas

I beleive monsieur rochas is one of the greatest men's colognes ever created. This cologne has its very own personality and character and it is very unique. It smells very chic, manly, warm and gentle. This would be perfect for someone like gregory peck or cary grant.
22nd October, 2005

Style In Play by Lacoste

this has a very pleasant and bubbly fruity smell to it. it is more sporty and more casual than lacoste pour homme and probably more suited to younger people. One thing many people complain about is its durability. The smell seems to go away in just 2 hours. But I still find it to be a pleasant cologne.

Black Marlin by Nautilus

black marlin is intended for younger folks but I find it to be a good cologne for all ages. It is not a light citrusy scent and for some reason I find some smilarities with angel man. it is a mid range cologne and recommended.

Lacoste pour Homme by Lacoste

Lacoste is a sporty line so are its perfumes, but this one is the most formal of all lacoste colognes. it is a nice warm fragrance which is very pleasant on the nose. I recommend it.

Pino Silvestre by Silvestre

This one is a great classic. One of the best pine scents. It shows us that italians along with french are kings of perfumery. I love this scent for its uniqueness, the shape of its bottle and mostof all its wonderful smell.

Lacoste 2000 by Lacoste

This one is one of those colognes I bought without first testing. i purchased this one first because I trusted Lacoste and second because I collect colognes and this one seems to be out of production. I did not like it at all. I is a bad mixture of some fruit and pepper scents. Disapointed.

Lacoste (original) by Lacoste

I also beleive this one is one of the best and most unique fresh citrusy colognes ever made. It represents the image of Lacoste perfectly. it is also very long lasting.

Ice Water by Silvestre

not too many people know of this one. it is by the same company that made pino silvestre with a similar bottle. The smell is fresher and therefore it is a casual cologne.

Green Generation Unisex by Silvestre

This was intended for a younger generation. When you smell this in an odd way you are reminded of pino silvestre. I find the smell unique and pleasant enough to recommend it.

Green Generation Him by Silvestre

On this one i give a marginal thumbs up. This one is very hard to find out side of europe. the smell in heavier than the unisex version but nothing very special. I mostly recommend this to collectors.

Booster by Lacoste

Unlike some people, I found this cologne to be a nice one and was attracted to its minty fresh and unique smell.

Aqua Nautilus by Nautilus

i was veryt surprised by this one. it is a very pleasant marine scent which I find unique. If you can find it it is highly recommended.

America's Cup by Nautilus

i give marginal thumbs up to this one. it is a citrusy cologne but a bit heavy and sharp on the nose.

Givenchy Gentleman by Givenchy

Regardless of my personal taste, this fragrance is one of the greatest ever created. This along with monsieur givenchy are the highlights of givenchy company. This is a classic formal cologne that is never heavy. Its name gentleman could not be more appropritate. I just simply can not understand how anyone could dislike this.
02nd August, 2005

Bleu Marine by Pierre Cardin

This is a very good fresh cologne.
02nd August, 2005

Cabaret Homme by Grès

gres company is not well known among average people but like caron it is one of the best fragrance homes. I was lucky to find cabaret at the antalya airport in turkey and I was very surprised. Everything from the bottle to the cologne itself is classy. It is a relatively formal scent without being stuffy. it is a kind of smell that never dates and seems to have always been around.
23rd July, 2005

Balenciaga pour Homme by Balenciaga

anything by balenciaga is of highest class. This cologne included. the smell of honey and caramel are noticable and give this cologne a unique and warm and smooth smell. I highly recommend it.
04th July, 2005

Homme de Grès by Grès

One of the greatest men's cologne I have ever encountered and I did not expect less from a class name like Gres. The scent is unique. It is fresh and warm at the same time.
01st February, 2005