Reviews by Hai_Karate_Kid

Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

IMHO :

This is absolutely a 5 star rating compared to other "Woody Spicy" frags. out there. Only 4 stars though compared to other frags in Chanel's Allure pour homme line. I do smell some of the notes that make this the Woody Spicy frag it is, but it is more of a fresh type smelling frag to me. Orange and aquatic notes do this maybe ?

I think Allure homme 'edition blanche' is the best out of them all. It really works well for me all around.

14 June, 2010

Allure Homme by Chanel

Debateable, but one of the more sophisticated smelling Oriental Woodys. Allure Homme is a soft woody scent that does not last long on me. (Just my skin maybe ?) I prefer wearing Allure homme sport better than this frag ( but that one does not last long either) and really, really, really, like REALLY like Allure Homme Sport Edition Blanche THE BEST OUT OF THEM ALL ! All frags in Chanel Allure men's line smell quite elegant.

IMHO, Chanel really does a good job here. Got this bottle as a gift and never got any complaints only compliments. I wear this frag at very random times.

Nowhere near the strength of Hai Karate Oriental Spice. :D HAI YAA ! ! !

14 June, 2010

Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene

Almost a very low "Neutral" but sorry, my thumbs and nose are turned down on this one. Received as a gift in a set one Christmas. Still have lots left. Every time I smell it, the scent reminds me why I enjoy NOT wearing it.
    One star because it came out in the 1970's (only points for this vintage frag. that Beene still makes and have not changed the formula at all). They should change the name though to "Old Gray Flannel Blanket Stuffed in a Box Since 1976." I actually use it more as a threat to others around me in a "watch it, or I'll break out the Grey Flannel." kind of way. It is classified as an "Oriental Woody" ? ? ?
    Now fellow frag. heads, I'm no expert but I enjoy and am very fond of many Oriental Woodys. This is NOT my kind of Oriental Woody. It is a "stale, musty" or "Old Man" smelling frag. at best "Manly" would be a gentle way to put it.

This frag. is very potent and should come with a warning on the bottle.
    Caution : "May attract cougars!"

Just my opinion, but I can humbly appreciate why some (older) folks do like this, just not my kind of frag.

You are better off wearing Hai Katrate !

13 June, 2010

Allure Homme Edition Blanche by Chanel

IMHO : AWESOME ! I currently wear this frag almost daily. Thumbs way up ! Chanel so top quality of course. It is VERY, VERY CAPTIVATING TO MY NOSE ! I like every note, and feel they all blend so well together to achieve the image Chanel attempts to capture in this frag. Sadly, I think this is possibly a limited release frag. If so, that sucks ! Can anyone confirm this ?

Chanle's relatively new (2008) little gem from the Allure line is catagorized as an "Oriental" frag. Ok fine, but just like Allure sport pour homme, some notes in this make me feel it could pass as a 'fresh' smelling frag. Ginger and vanilla blends well, nice balance of sharp and soft notes throughout too. Lemon and pepper notes spice things up. This is very elegant smelling frag. It lasts quite a while on my skin and the notes provide just enough kick and staying power. I really like that in a frag. It was on my wish list one day, then I broke down the very next day to buy a bottle and never looked back.

Note : Below has nothing to do with the frag itself, but want to share a story...

The Chanel rep who sold me the bottle was really nice and fire smoking hot to boot ! We chatted for a bit about how Chanel rarely gives promo items away and she then found a few trinkets and a few samples of other frags in the Allure line that I already had (but are great for travel use).

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm not here to pray but, thank the good Lord for Chanel girls !

:D

10th June, 2010 (Last Edited: 14 June, 2010)

360 Degrees for Men by Perry Ellis

Dating myself, but really liked this one (still do) and wore PE 360 in high school and because of that now think the smell is a frag. for teens. Scent is basic in that it is not very sophisticated but seemingly lasts forever. I think the cirtus top notes are the most noticeable. Very fresh !

WARNING :

Citrus, lavander and 'woody' notes make this a VERY STRONG AROMATIC !

Don't apply too much or you will Karate chop people's noses around you !

20th May, 2010 (Last Edited: 13 June, 2010)

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

I always likes frags, but really interested in knowing more after smelling ADG.

Always a bottle or 2, or three in my collection. I think it came out in '96. I would highly recommended this to anyone who likes (Aromatic) aquatic frags. Not to strong, wears (on me) for many hours. To me it is a "timeless" scent. It does not hurt that ladies enjoy the way this frag smells on a man when they get in close. Made with some pretty decent ingredients, good quality overall.

Do you believe in "love at first whiff...?"

Dear, sweet ADG, we have been together for so long...

ADG for me is like being in a troubled relationship.

You stick it out, or you move on.

You love it, or hate it.

My nose says to my heart, "You can do better ! You deserve better, you know there's so much more out there," but there are some great perks, comfort and security in my familiar frag. My heart sticks it out.

Sure, I have gone out wearing other frags, who hasen't ? All my attempts to move on have been in vain ! Gentle, ADG, she is as soft and faithful as she is vibrant and sweet smelling. There is something alluring about her, she always tempts me back and this keeps us together.

Sure, she's popular, everyone loves ADG ! That is not why I know that I can never leave her. We will never be apart. I always return to her because she loves my body chemistry and I hers.

My heart sticks it out, it is possible we may be with each other forever.

Dear, sweet ADG, we have been together for so long...

- Applied almost daily since '97 and not ashamed to admit it.

so um... I really like ADG. :P

28 April, 2010

D&G La Roue de la Fortune 10 by Dolce & Gabbana

Very, very, nice if you like wearing soft Chypre Florals, I would say 98% of them are made for women. There are some unisex ones though. So really, it is personal preference. If you are a macho man, then go and buy a bottle of Hai Karate tough guy !

#10 is possibly the best frag. of this "Tarot" or Anthology collection by D&G.

Frag. notes are Gardenia, Tuberose, Jasmine, Benzoin and Patchouli, but don't be misled ( hippie haters ) because you can't really smell the Patchouli at all.

I like the scent best when first applied. Men or women can wear this. The scent is not heavy at all ( ie: it does not clear a room like Hai Karate ). It does not last as long as other frags. (on me), but still wears for a reasonable time. A D&G product so you would think it is formulated with some quality ingreidents, right ? I really like this frag. very much. You will too ! Yes, men or women can wear this.

Cavet for all frag. heads : Be very careful where you buy this frag. (online, street vendor). I was told it is easy to counterfit. The bottle shape is simple, the design or look is very plain and the white box is easy to replicate. Also because it is a light smelling frag. criminals like to target this one. I was told the knock offs from Europe are almost identical to the real thing.

24 April, 2010 (Last Edited: 10th May, 2010)

Hugo Element by Hugo Boss

This scent does not last long on my skin.

The citrus top notes are nice.

A semi-decent frag.

Pi Neo by Givenchy

Nice sweet smelling frag.

Cool citrus notes and the cedar and patchouli togethger in this one are sweet.

I wear this but not everyday.

Light Blue Pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana

Very light on my skin but I do like it...smells to me like an updated, more refined Aqua Di Gio or maybe closer to a fruity-floral.

I wear this but not everyday.

Hai Karate Oriental Lime by Leeming

Overall the scent of Hai Karate Lime is weak compared to the others frags in the original lineup. The lime fades quickly.

Soak in it though and the scent will karate chop other peoples noses for miles.

Hai Karate by Leeming

Talk about kickin' it old school boy !

The original old school classic...

Folks behind the frag are also trailblazers in advertising the product. People often compare the Hai Karate TV ads (marketing schemes) from the 60's and 70's to today's TV ads of the Axe line.

If this original frag was an ass kicking ninja it would only have one name...

MAN - LI. ! ! ! Wooooo Weeeeee ! ! !

This is a pretty strong scent indeed.

Drydown not as strong after the powdery notes set in.

Only some men can pull this one off. ;)

Soak in it and the scent will karate chop other peoples noses for miles.

Hai Karate Oriental Spice by Leeming

An old school classic.

Smells to me like a true "vintage-woody-spicy" for sure.

Soak in it and the scent will karate chop other peoples noses for miles.

Not bad ;P