Reviews

Reviews by PaladinX

Joop! Go by Joop!

I enjoy the smell, it reminded me a little bit of 1 million, now I understand why. it has the blood orange in it. Overall its a candy kind of sweet smell. reminds me of a sugary green apple or something. The biggest problem I have with this fragrance is the projection and longevity is really bad for me. I would def recommend spraying this one on your clothing.
07th January, 2011

Calvin Klein Man by Calvin Klein

Brands like Ralph Lauren or CK, that do not have fancy french names and could be found in any bargain bin across the country will never get any credit from the fragrance community. For them to get credit, they would have to produce something totally ground breaking. And this is not a ground breaking scent. But it is a nice one to me. Perhaps if the juice was put in a niche fragrance bottle, people would enjoy it more. There really isn't much to dislike. Its nothing super unique, but at the same time, it has its own flavor. I haven't really smelled anything yet that smells exactly like this. BUt it is a very fresh, non offensive clean scent that combines fresh minty feeling with violet and musk, It changes into a more woody fragrance at the end. I really like it, and I have gotten many compliments from it. The longevity and projection is pretty good for a fresh smelling scent.
18th December, 2010

Armani Code / Black Code by Giorgio Armani

The scent is nice, It is non offensive. I get a slightly citrus, but mostly powdery tonka feel. In short, baby powder and vanilla kind of appeal. If you want something factual, than here it is. Do not listen to people that always claim things last 8 to 20 hours with great projection. I have a real gripe with fragrance people these days. They all turned into a bunch of real wimps. This fragrance is not strong at all. It is a very close to the skin kind of scent that doesn't last too long nor does it project a ton. I don't know what kind of fragile little noses some people have on this site, but its a very subtle kind of fragrance.
14th December, 2010

The One for Men by Dolce & Gabbana

Based on the smell itself, I would give it a thumbs up for sure. It has a very tropical, fruity, sweet scent that reminds me a little bit of a cross between fruit punch and pina colada. But because the longevity and projection is so bad on my skin, I have to give it a thumbs down unfortunately.
12th December, 2010

Versace pour Homme by Versace

Great cheaper alternative to Allure homme sport. Smells Very much like it. The opening though reminds me a little bit more of like bleu de chanel
16th November, 2010

Kiton Black by Kiton

Nice smell. reminds me of usher for men, drakkar noir and tommy all in one cologne. It is very masculine, but has a sweet note in it as well. It is very raspy like drakkar noir, but a more modern less offensive version with a gourmand kind of vibe in the background. It has a nice mix of spices as well and citrus.
15th November, 2010

Hermèssence Poivre Samarcande by Hermès

This smells VERY much like burberry london. A Spicy, incense vibe. For this price, I rather get burberry london.
01st November, 2010

John Varvatos by John Varvatos

I would have given this scent a thumbs up on the scent alone. It has a lot of wild and unique fragrance notes inside. They are very well balanced and blended, and you get a nice sweet dark cherry/plum vibe along with a mixture of spices, vanilla and soft leather. The only main problem with this cologne is the projection and longevity is not good at all. It is a very weak and subtle fragrance. For the cooler months in the winter this might lack the staying power. If this was stronger, I think it would be an excellent winter fragrance. I say john varvatos would be more suited for the fall months as it is. Overall nice smell, unique, Great mixture of fruit and spices.. and the price is great. You can get it very affordable online. Downside, Projection and longevity. Certainly not the panty dropper, however, Maybe great for a night out for a couple hours at a fancy restaurant.
08th October, 2010

Animale Animale for Men by Animale Parfums

Its a very cheap fragrance that smells nice. Its not exactly like angel men, but I can see why people make the comparison. It is a softer, more toned down version without the dirty tar note. It is a little bit boozy, kind of reminiscent of pure malt. My only problem with it, is that it seems very weak on my skin. Projection and longevity does not seem all that great. I am not sure if it has to do with getting an old bottle or not. I got mine from fragranceshop.
25th September, 2010

Hermèssence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès

I agree with asha, The opening is sort of a body kourous, Sweet, burnt caramel kind of opening, And than it dries down to more of a grassy "fennel" type of smell. Its very weak on my skin, does not last long. And I really do not believe it is worth the price tag.
02nd September, 2010

Burberry the Beat for Men by Burberry

Oh and people are exaggerating the pepper its spicey but really not THAT much.
10th August, 2010

Fleur du Male by Jean Paul Gaultier

This is merely a sickly, gaudy over-ridiculous floral blast. I can't even call its opening for the first hour or so unisex. It smells just like woman's perfume. When it dries down, it does get better. It starts to smell more like a floral le male. But it still retains the floral note and comes off too feminine for me. At its best it is a strongly unisex fragrance bordering on purely feminine. If you like masculine scents or any kind of "manliness" this is not for you. If you hate strong florals, this isn't for you. If you think le male is too unisex, this certainly isn't for you.

The only positive for me, is its projection and longevity is solid. (But what perfume really isn't)
09th August, 2010

Dirty English by Juicy Couture

Thumbs up for me. Some people say it is a loud scent, to me it is more of a subtle scent. In fact I would enjoy it even more if it was a bit stronger. It is basically just like everyone has described. It is a spicy, woody, sweet scent to me. It smells like some kind of cedar wood or something that was just shaven right in front of you. I definitely get that sweet raspy woods smell. It is masculine, and there are not that many masculine scents out there. I think it is a very pleasant smell overall. I enjoy it. And it finally breaks away from the typical vanilla, unisex shit that runs ramped out there.
20th July, 2010

Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

WHAAAATTT????!!! 73 postive to only 8 negatives? I am in complete shock. A buddy of mine sent me a sample of this stuff to do a video review on, and its not only super weak and very close to the skin, the smell itself is quite unappealing. I am in total shock, I must have gotten something else.
19th June, 2010

L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake

What else can i say other than it smells like girls perfume. Its very floral, and just really reminds me of perfume.
14th April, 2010

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

I can understand why people hate it. I can understand why people love it. Usually when you have something bold and extreme, that is exactly what you get. Strong opinions about a very strong scent. I like it because it is something different and unique. A lot of colognes are fresh smelling, citrus, all the main stream stuff smells the same. A lot of fragrances also consistently lack in projection and longevity. A little bit goes a long way with Amen.

To me A men smells like a very strong scent of chocolate, caramel and coffee. But its a dirty smelling scent. Its got a heavy tar note in it and it makes the fragrance dark, raspy and almost dirty. The dirtiness is not a bad thing to me, It makes it bold and gives it an edge. Its one of those you need to try for yourself. I didn't like it at first, I was like what the hell is this, but it grew on me. I think its great for the holidays, it smells kind of festive and deep. Just be easy on the trigger, this stuff can get cloying if you over spray. If you really think this is too strong, I would recommend getting animale animale. Its sort of the same, but more like a pure malt. Its much more toned down and more versatile.
14th April, 2010 (last edited: 11th October, 2010)

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana

I think some people on here get fake, or stale products. D&G smells very nice. Some of the negative reviews seem like they were smelling a different product. .

I always liked this
07th April, 2010

Usher for Men by Usher

You know what the funny thing is. If this fragrance was labeled a creed, everyone would be saying how great it is.
02nd April, 2010 (last edited: 16th October, 2010)

Curve for Men by Liz Claiborne

Let me say something about Curve. When I first tried it, I didnt think much of it. But I really have to say, EVERYTIME i wear the cologne I get compliments from girls. I have gotten more compliments from curve than any other cologne i have tried. I am not sure why. Something about when "other" people smell it on you, it smells really good to them. When I smell it myself, I do not think much of it. even tho it is a nice smell.

If you dont believe me try it. It is one of the cheapest colognes. Wear it, and see if u dont get compliments from girls.
02nd April, 2010

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

I think the smell is very nice, however, it is so overplayed used and abused that I will not buy this. If you have any sense of individuality, this is not the cologne to get. I think its cool to be a little unique sometimes. i feel like 9 out of 10 people are wearing this, So I rather get something unique.
02nd April, 2010

Polo Double Black by Ralph Lauren

well after using this for awhile now, I have changed my opinion on it. The scent grew on me, and I like it. I will give it a thumbs up.
01st April, 2010 (last edited: 20th July, 2010)