Reviews by Peegore

Peegore's avatar
    Peegore

Loud for Him by Tommy Hilfiger

Bottle and branding aside, I do like this one.

The life of this is monotone, being a 50/50 split between mild patchouli and rose all the way. I do get the ( very ) mild tobacco in the base but only just.

Projection and sillage not the best at all, and longevity very average, 4-5 hours on me.

This all sounds very unenthused so far, but I do enjoy it for it's simplicity. I don't always want to be mentally analysing every fragrance I wear, and with this one I certainly don't have to. It's... nice.

19 September, 2011

Michael for Men by Michael Kors

Smooth. That sums up Michael Kors for men to me in just one word.

The variety of top notes surprises me. I only, slightly, get a hint of anise before being hurtled immediately into the heart note of the best sweet tobacco aroma in a fragrance I have experienced yet.

Yes, later the plummy/incense/patchouli background stealthily eases its way in, but for the life of this fragrance, its all about the tobacco.

Not quite the projection and sillage monster some would have you believe, this fragrance has solid longevity. I adore its ultra-smooth warmth and really do rate this fragrance very, very highly. The likes of Burberry London don't even come close.

Oh, if you buy the 125ml bottle do take care... drop that hefty sucker on your foot and you'll know about it. Well I certainly did anyway...(ouch)

18 September, 2011 (Last Edited: 19 September, 2011)

Infusion de Vétiver by Prada

Poor Infusion de Vetiver. It gets no real love on other review sites or even the forums here. And I don't really understand why.

I guess its because it doesn't slap you around the face with a rooty vetiver punch to the nostrils from the first spritz. Yes, Vetiver lovers LOVE their vetiver, and the haters go without. But for people like me, this strikes a perfect middle ground.

On application I get a slight citrus/pepper zing, but this is very fleeting, and immediately the fragrance sets out its stall for the next several hours... a mild, pleasant, even uplifting soapy green vetiver with a hint of a herbal background. To my nose fairly linear but lovely.

The projection is good for up to two hours, then it the sits close to the skin for a further 3 or so hours of it's life.

Like I hinted at earlier, I'm not the biggest vetiver-heavy fragrance fan, and sometimes feel I should at least 'make the effort' now I'm in my early 40's. And in my efforts to try, Infusion de Vetiver hits my sweet-spot. Daniela Andrier I tip my hat to you.

Oh, and for those who say this quickly dries down to Infusion de Homme. Really? I couldn't disagree more.

16 September, 2011