Reviews by rev0lut10n

Azzaro Now Men by Azzaro

Fairly generic, fresh scent. I get a hint of cucumber or cactus leaping out in the top notes which is quite interesting, other than this, fairly generic, but wearable.

Versace Man by Versace

Initially peppery (with a hint of mint for me, although not listed). Long lasting but as others have said, minimal projection. You've got to be fairly close to smell it at all I find. Dries down to a smooth, sweet wood. I have to keep whiffing on this one as I find it very addictive. I usually go for fairly macho old school scents, so this is an alternative to my usual fare. Although fairly sweet, I do not find it as feminine as some others have stated here.

The only let down is the projection, still, a great scent due mainly to its individuality.

Armani Code / Black Code by Giorgio Armani

Was let down by this. A run of the mill, citrus scent with hardly any originality at all. Smells only slightly different to me to Diesel's "Only The Brave", which was brought as a gift for me (and I'm not too keen on either). Not terrible, not impressive.

XS pour Homme by Paco Rabanne

Minty, musky, woody goodness. I'm sure you already know what it smells like, it being ubiquitous. One of my all time favourites in EDT form.

Paul Smith for Men by Paul Smith

Fresly cut green grass on a summer's day. Not soapy to my nose as others have stated. I would also say the sillage is below average as is the projection (not terrible, but I wish it wafted more). All in all, a good scent which would be made great by upping the projection a bit.

Wilderness by Avon

As others have stated, rather harsh at first (though this only lasts a minute or two). This rather quickly turns into a delicious woody, musky, sweet scent. Not a night out on the town scent, rather more one to enjoy on oneself on an evening in. Lasts a good few hours on me. You can get it really cheap and I love it. Definite thumbs up!

16 May, 2010

Paco Rabanne Pour Homme by Paco Rabanne

Heavy sage/herbal top notes, can definitely smell the honey (without being very sweet), musk and the lavender. Great longevity and projection. Yes, it's soapy, so avoid if you dislike heavy soap.

Opium pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

Heavy blackcurrant top note, transforms into a sweet cinnamon, like aniseed balls! Obvious oriental vibe, settles down to mainly vanilla, but not so much as to be cloying. Unique and I love it!

Le Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier

Not a scent to wear in the heat. Obviously a classic, but for me there's an initial impression of something synthetic that's almost akin to burning rubber. This improves a lot with the drydown, but still isn't one of my favourites due to the excessive amounts of vanilla.