Reviews by Aphrodisiac

L'Arte di Gucci by Gucci

I have to say this is one of my all-time favourite fragrances. Such a shame it is discontinued as I don't like any other Gucci fragrances. I have the black bottle eau de parfum which is very rare. I am very much into rose based scents, but this is not your typical floral. In fact I would not even class this as a floral but rather a chypre. It is quite potent, dark and viciously powerful. It is sad there are not many frangrances around like this one these days.

06th May, 2010

Dior Addict by Christian Dior

I had this fragrance forced on me not long after it came out. I was in a cigar lounge and a woman in her 40s or 50s had just bought a bottle and was raving about it and was spraying it everywhere insisted my friend and I try it. Well I don't know if it was the cigar I was smoking that contributed but one whiff of the "fragrance", and I was instantly nauseas and literally ran to the ladies to puke my guts up. I felt like I had been hit by a bus, like I had the worst hangover. I had a head-ache for the rest of the night. It was the most vile, pungent smelling offensive odour! I can't believe how much she liked it!!! I have never been so repulsed by a fragrance.

03rd May, 2010

Couture Couture by Juicy Couture

Tried this for the first time today and is it very sweet, smells like MOR marshmallow. The honeysuckle lingers which is not a bad thing. The bottle is beautiful. Overall quite pleasant.

Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture

I own this, I admired it for ages before I bought it. It is a very strong but sweet floral, I can smell the Jasmine. After a while it can become quite heady and too strong if you apply too much. I have had several compliments from this including from a workmate who squealed with excitement when the gift box arrived at my work. The bottle is very pretty apart from when the gold logo fell off on opening the box!

Juicy Couture by Juicy Couture

I own this and I wear it more often than Viva La Juicy which I also own. It is a fruity floral and it is subtly sweet yet has a certain zing to it. I can smell the lily in it. It is a cool almost green floral with a pretty bottle.