Reviews by willowtreesimplicity

Lyric Man by Amouage

This is one of the most beautiful and sensual mans scents that I have ever experienced.

Omnia Amethyste by Bulgari

It is soft, smooth, beautiful, and elegant. Every time I smell it, a childhood memory flows through me of walking around my backyard in the spring. As the sun is shining on my skin making it warm, I enhale the smell of the 6 lilac bushes in full bloom. When I wear this Omnia Amethyste, it's as if I feel the sun shine on my skin while holding a bundle of lilacs and greens in my hand. I absolutely love scents that create such vivid images. This is #1 on my wish list!!!

Eau des Merveilles by Hermès

I think the opening is very feminine. Soft. Sexy. However, the middle and base notes slowly start smelling masculine. Salty. Musk.

Halle Pure Orchid by Halle Berry

I consider this scent soft and playful. The top notes have a small powder texture in conjunction with a sharp sweet layer that lasts thoughout the whole wearing. I believe this scent could be a young to middle age woman. I can be sensitive to the alcohol in it while wearing this scent in high heat temperatures.

My Glow by Jennifer Lopez

I have an interesting, maybe ironic, association with this scent. I sprayed it on right before my first day of substitute teaching in a kindergarten classroom. It was a new purchase and I just felt like wearing it. I had been having trouble smelling the scent like many of you have, but it was a rainy humid day too which really helped the scent project on my skin for some reason. I had a good day with the kindergarteners and a good first day teaching. Now, every time I wear this scent, i think of that class and it seems that I can only find i am in the mood to wear it when it is rainy and humid...or when i am around children...

Givenchy Play Intense by Givenchy

Rochas Man and Play Intense do have similarities. While Rochas Man seems more elegant or suit worthy, Play Intense just does it for me. I think my boyfrind knows how to use scents to his advantage...well, to both of our advantage :P Another scent with a similar reaction and very romantic, Amouage Lyric Man.

And, if anyone enjoys this scent as much as I do, be sure to check out more of Lucas Sieuzac's scents. He is one of our favorite perfumers.

Miss Dior Chérie (original) by Christian Dior

As I was testing this, there was a sweet yet sour note in the top and middle that I could not put my finger on. I eventually realized that it was a tart strawberry I was smelling almost like a sour strawberry hard candy with sour powdered sugar coating. There was not very much depth or variety during my wearing. The scent overall seemed to fade very quickly on my skin. I actually forgot that I had it one at one point. It smells nice...but not very memorable to me. I agree that this scent would smell just right on a teenager.

D&G L'Imperatrice 3 by Dolce & Gabbana

Very fresh and bright smelling. It reminds me a lot of a Bath & Body Works smell, maybe Cucumber Melon. There was mention that it smelled like a Garnier Fructis shampoo. I agree. Smells like something I would lather into my hair. I think this would be a great spring/summer fragrance as it is light and fruity smelling and would fit well on a sunny day at the beach.

D&G L'Amoureaux 6 by Dolce & Gabbana

While testing out samples lately, I have noticed that I am finding many similarities. Maybe my nose is suffering some sort of disability. I feel like L'Amoureux and Memoir Man by Amouage have similarities. This scent is much lighter and doesn't have the thick "dry" smell as Memoir does. I could definitely see myself wearing this on a winter night sitting by the fireplace with a good book. And yet, I feel it has a very sensual quality that sneaks it's way through the woodsy notes. L'Amoureux is quite mysterious and beautiful.

Couture Couture by Juicy Couture

Darn those scent associations sometimes! After reading reviews and liking the note list, I was excited to try this sample. But after I sprayed it, I was immediately transplanted back to my childhood church basement trying to escape catechism by taking a bathroom break. I swear there was something in that bathroom that smelled like this! Must have been some sort of soap or something.

Anyway, it is a very sweet and feminine fragrance. Some have said that it is syrupy. I think heavy is a good word as well. It seemed to linger in my nose for a long time which eventually gave me a headache.

Acqua di Gioia by Giorgio Armani

I tested this once before impulse purchasing it. I am very happy I did! This fragrance opens with a refreshing yet surprisingly juicy mint. It changes fairly quickly to a subtle soft smell which then lasts throughout my wearing. This is just the spring/summer scent I was searching for. After experimenting, this is about a one or two spray scent for me. I do have to give a small “warning” though…while it remains a juicy yet soft floral throughout the entire wearing; this scent does not seem to fade much. It sort of just lingers. The fragrance seems to last VERY long on my skin and is sometimes even still noticeable after showering.

Rose The One by Dolce & Gabbana

I first smelled D&G The One Series on a coworker. She wore L’eau The One and I absolutely loved it. I was set on wanting to have it in my collection. However, after I tested Rose The One I changed my mind! (I’m glad I tested this before I purchased L’eau!)

Rose The One is beautiful. The soft rose is very elegant which could make it a great evening scent. And yet there is a juicy and sweet note that make it perfect as an everyday wear. I really love the mixture of sandalwood, musk and vanilla at the heart. When I wear Rose The One, I often times feel both sexy and innocent at the same time :) I think two sprays is perfect on my skin and seems to last the whole day.

Halle by Halle Berry

Halle is both luscious and mysterious. The fragrance stays fairly linear on my skin, but I like that comfort from this scent. There is a full bodied fig, brown sugar and amber that lasts through the entire wearing. There is also this beautiful tobacco note I smell every once in a while. I usually spray 2-3 sprays which last me 6-10 hours depending on the day. I have a few decants of this I keep in my purse and at my desk. I just noticed that I think my students have complimented me the most while wearing this one.