Reviews by G.M.K.

G.M.K.'s avatar
    G.M.K.
    Pakistan Pakistan

Dior Homme Intense by Christian Dior

As a huge fan of Dior Homme 2005 , i was very excited when I received this as a gift , I must say its very nicely done with Iris and Vanilla(too much imo) but I badly miss the leather and cacao here which I got in original EDT, and that is the main difference I see between them , I just like it but I Love the original which is far more better, masculine and very versatile piece of art if compared to this extreme version.

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford

Starts very strong heady and dense but gradually settles to a smooth creamy vanilla / Almond Scent.
    Its strange to see no Almonds listed in the notes as there is a strong and persistent vibe of Almonds , Vanilla along with smooth and light Tobacco.

Tobacco Vanille seems very similar to Dior Hypnotic Poison to me and can be a very nice option for the ladies who like HP Dior.

I personally love smelling it on others (especially Ladies) but cant wear it, A very long lasting and sweet (in a good way) fragrance.

Feb
    2014

Derby by Guerlain

It took so long to write about a fragrance of this calibre , Guerlain is the trend setter in perfumery for others and so is Derby and Jicky for Guerlains itself imho.

Apart from the likings or dislikings (as it is a very subjective and vastly varies ) , Derby is a very very complex and rich fragrance which could not be evaluated in a few wearings, I have been wearing it since few months and I am still discovering something new in it on every wearing.

This starts( don't enjoy the start a lot) very herbal and pungent due to so many spices but majorly i get mace and patchouli which remains so dominant till the drydown kicks in , the drydown is the part which i love , its very Guerlain , smooth , subtle , smokey leather and musky sandalwood with mesmerizing aura of Guerlain's signature.

A Masterpiece but not for everyone

Eau Sauvage Parfum by Christian Dior

A dominating Myrrh fragrance from the start to the middle , very power full and some how different from the available lot...I really like the the opening but I love the dry down which very very musky and smoky to me....stunning fragrance with very good silage and longevity. Thumz up.

Encre Noire by Lalique

Love in first sight does not happen always...sometimes it takes a lot of time to understand the characteristics and attributes. so is the case with Encre Noire with me...when ever I sniffed it , it reminds me of two very Beloved scents which have been discontinued unfortunately ,Gucci Pour Homme and Lui Rochas...IMO, EN has a similar vibe of that muddy , wet, Vetiver which we call 'KHUSS' , a very nice take on Vetiver with lovely musk , I m in love with this these days , especially for my all time favourite notes of woods, musk and smoke.

I can have a little of all my favourite fragrances in this single fragrance...GPH, LUI, Grey Vetiver and Terre d Hermes.

I initially regretted the blind buy but I now regret that regret. Love Encre Noire.

Musc Ravageur by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

How curious I was to test this and how disappointed I am after sampling it , I cant say I hate it but One thing I can surely say that I cant stand it even for a few minutes , furthermore, proper blending of CIVET is not every perfumer's thing, I love Civet in Kouros which is blended in honey by One of the greatest perfumer ever.

Musc Ravageur starts from the heavy dose of synthetic notes of Amber and Cloves (eugenol) with a hint of Lavender which makes it sticky sweet and cloying, suddenly Animalic notes of Civet kicks in this is the stage where the problem starts, IMHO it has not been handled properly and it transforms into a play-doh like smell and a very out dated stuff which has a huge silage.

Both thumbs down for this.

X for Men by Clive Christian

I love woody spicy scents since I was first bitten by this perfumery bug, and it is the first time I kinda don't love a woody spicy scent that much, due to its too much spiciness (cinnamon) which actually ruined here by labdanum right from the beginning, Interestingly don't get Pineapple rather i feel a burnt metallic sort of vibe which reminded me of Bvlgari Black from top notes, but anyway the X for Men by Clive Christian has got nothing special as expected, an ok woody spicy scent imo.

21st March, 2014

Casamorati 1888 Regio by Xerjoff

Absolutely not worth the price , very messy kinda blending from the start with some sweet , dense floral and fruity infact syrupy mixture having no clarity in notes those could be enjoyed, some times it reminds me of Eugenol a heavy dose of Eugenol and it settles to some kinda Black Orchid of Tom Ford. Both Thumz Down

21st March, 2014

Armani Eau Pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

Once upon a time there was a very handsome , dark, tall Guy who looks very rich apparently infact he was but he was 'IMPOTENT' now who cares about the wealth and charm.

This is Armani Eau Pour Homme Very nicely blended , beautiful development , extremely classic but it DOES NOT STAY .... who cares about the beauty...

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme by Guerlain

This is why I respect Guerlain... wow wow wow... awesome take on cocoa with sandal wood just love this stuff.. Amazing blending i must say , true pleasure folded in layers . BRAVO.

Dune pour Homme by Christian Dior

relying on the positive reviews of reliable reviewers on BaseNotes , i bought it blind..........and all gone to the drain........ except the top note which stays hardly for few minutes , nothing can be termed as pleasant.
    I cant stand that FIG. Absolutely uncontrolled note of Fig which prevails till end and ruins the entire composition.

I did not expect it from you Dior.

Ahhh... Bad luck.

Bleu de Chanel by Chanel

It seems Chanel has outsourced it to Hugo............ cant believe its created by the same man who has created Egoiste.........nuff said. both thumz down

21st May, 2011

Égoïste / L'Égoïste by Chanel

A Masterpiece , complex , nothing could be compared with it. it evolves and evolves.. especially the dry down is awe sum.
    The First or probably the last Chanel which i love.

12 May, 2011

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana

If I say I dont Like it , it would be unfair, I find D&G PH a very good daytime cologne in Summer, Very fresh citrus start turns into flowery sweet and than MuSK/Tobaco , It prevails in the surroundings. Lovely.

28 May, 2010

Dior Homme Sport (original) by Christian Dior

One Word .. Avoid...this is far too away from sport.

27 May, 2010

Guerlain Homme by Guerlain

Good stuff, specialy for summer its nice with fresh citrus , minty opening towards vetiver/cedar with prevailing earthy freshness , its different from other fresh citric scents.
    Basenotes are identical to Terre de hermes IMHO. , i use to wear it in office and get good compliments.

24 May, 2010

Baldessarini by Baldessarini

I love it , its one of my favorite summer cologne , Spicy, Fresh and sweet /spicy to some extent , very well blended tobacco with sweetness . A mature and complete fragrance.

24 May, 2010

Armani Attitude by Giorgio Armani

Nice ... very nice specially the top notes are v.good. longevity might be an issue , other wise excellent stuff, best from G.A.

Gucci Pour Homme II by Gucci

Another v. good offering from Gucci,,, lighty musculine , elegant It does not work in hot humid weather , i wear this rather in the evening. Well done

Joop! Jump by Joop!

The lovers of Allure Homme and Sport should try this , this would definately save their money. Good stuff even i hate halwa sugar sweet men fragrances but this is good.

The One for Men by Dolce & Gabbana

Starts with citrus notes and develops into a sweet (in a good way ) till tobacco and cedar take over , still the sweetness remains with it . Good stuff for evening or a chilled office.

M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

It has always confused me with Gucci PH , but I love Gucci , M7 is good but it requires an ambience to please others , other wise it can be cloying , i like the dry down but not love it , this is so original. the only fault is its opening ..........i ll give it a thumbs up........

Gucci pour Homme by Gucci

I Love it.....thats it ... i dont care about the myth of Pencil Shavings... this is my all time favourite , if i would be given one and only one cologne i would take it.. i m not a trained nose so i can describe it like kaern, vibert, foetedus or sirslarty but whenever i wear Gucci PH (after it settles) i really enjoy it... this is the BEST. Both Thumbz UP

Le Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier

according to most reviews ladies love this stuff but i think it is offensive to physical , it can repell moths not only ladies...................AVOID .

Envy for Men by Gucci

The oxygen sucker ... heavy , heady , herbs.which are v.thik and dirty.........AVOID..

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

I cant imagine Alberto Morillas could make this type of crap.... any ways to me its self repellent.