Reviews by Mindphlux

Mindphlux's avatar
    Mindphlux

Polo Black by Ralph Lauren

This is a decent enough of a scent but it didn't do much for me on the account thats its rather generic. The smell is nothing new or different, really. If you enjoy darker citrus scents then this one is for you, but as for me, I pass.

04 May, 2010

Animale Temptation Man by Animale Parfums

Honestly, this is a pleasent woody floral scent but the longevity is horrid. Maybe 1 to 2 hours if you're lucky. The silliage is extremely close to the skin. The adds for this stuff make it look ideal for romantic encounters, and I would have to agree because it doesn't last long enough to be good for anything else. Thumbs down. Check out Animale's Azul instead.

Animale Azul by Animale Parfums

Pretty much a Cool Water clone. Azul is more fruity though. The longevity and silliage in my opinion, are about the same as Cool Water, possibly weaker. I don't recommend it because people will just assume you're wearing Cool Water most likely. The bottle is simple, but nice looking. The packaging is really what draws people in... Check out that box photo... The whole box is surrounded in a panoramic shot of the clear, blue sea and a beautiful sky. The scent matches it, but like I said, its VERY Cool Water smelling.

Che by Chevignon

The bottle is quite strange. Medal framing over the glass and no cap. Different I guess. Anyways, this is nothing new here. If you're familiar with izod's cologne then you've already smelled this. Very light and citrusy. Nice summer scent but wears close to the skin and longevity is nothing special. You can find it pretty cheap though so its worth a try if you liked izod.

Sung Homme by Alfred Sung

It took me years to find my signature fragrance, but when I finally did, it was the day I bought Sung Homme. I can't do the scent justice so i'll be rather vague as to not insult it. Sung is a spicy citrus scent that has well above average silliage and projection. I smell this stuff on my shirts weeks later. Its not citrusy enough to be strictly summer, and its not spicy enough to be strictly winter. It is a the perfect combination and it thrives in any weather climate. Due to the great silliage you need to be careful to not over apply. For me, its usually 1 spritz on the chest and 1 on the middle of my neck. If I need to stand out or be noticed then I add 1 spritz to my hair, which by the way, smells amazing in hair.

Sure this stuff is old. Over 20 years. I'm only a couple years older then it. But I don't care. Its a timeless scent and i'm grateful its still in production. I know of no store that sells it, so its truly a scent no one else ever has or has even heard of. I am the only one i've ever met who wears it. You have to buy it online, and if you search enough, you can find a 3.4 for under 20 bucks. What a deal. This stuff truly is a hidden gem and I can't seem to get enough of it. Girls like it and always describe it to me as "sexy and masculine". Guys are often envious of it and ask me what i'm wearing but I don't give the name away. I want my hidden gem to stay hidden. This stuff will last on your skin easily 8 to 10 hours no problem. On clothing, weeks it seems.

I can't recommend this stuff enough. Well done Alfred Sung.

Eternity for Men by Calvin Klein

A classic for sure. I don't know how anyone could argue that this scent is dated. The name is a perfect example of the fragrance. Eternal. This smell brings back a lot of memories from high school. My dad gave me a bottle when I was 14 (this was my first cologne ever) and I loved the smell. I wore it everyday. Girls loved it and guys were jealous. Now that i'm in my mid twenties I probably wouldn't wear this but I sure do like to smell it from time to time to get that dejavu feeling again. Great fragrance.

Adidas Moves 0:01 by Adidas

Considering they sell this at gas stations you can't really expect much from it. Its a nice scent but longevity and projection are pretty bad. This is certainly a good example of cologne just to wear to the gym or something. I can't see anything wearing this to work or school and thinking of it as a signiture frag.

01st May, 2010

Adidas Moves by Adidas

There are several Moves cologne from ADIDAS and this one is probably the best. Light and citrusy. This one is perfect for wearing to the gym or other physical activities. Longevity and projection are not very good but odds are you'll find this for 10 bucks or less so you can't really complain. Decent for what it is.

01st May, 2010

Antidote by Viktor & Rolf

I wanted to love this one- but I just couldn't. For starters, it smells awfully like CK Eternity to me. So with that being said you shouldn't expect anything groundbreaking or oroginal with this cologne. The longevity and projection were probably above average but I kept getting a hint of bubblegum while wearing this... Not something I want to smell like. Eternity + Bubbalicious = Antidote.

Prada Amber pour Homme by Prada

Wow now this is some classy stuff! I can see why so many guys hate on this because the opening is very flowery and soapy. Most guys think this is too "girly" of a scent for them. Well yes, it does smell that way at first (its a wonderful smell by the way, girly or manly) but after it starts to dry down the woods starts to kick in and what you got is a super clean smelling man's cologne. Longevity and projection are above average. This is one of my favorites.

Truth Calvin Klein Men by Calvin Klein

Truth is probably my favorite green fragrance of all time. I am told its discontinued now and thats a shame because I think its better then some of their current cologne for men. When you first apply this stuff, it really does feel like you're standing out in the middle of a grassy field taking in all the clean air, sunshine, nearby streams and trees. If you like it- stock up now because it will be impossible to find sooner or later.

Hei by Alfred Sung

Probably the best smelling fragrance i've ever owned. Their is a major problem though. The longevity isn't more then 2 hours usually. Pretty horrible. The lackluster effort to make the cologne last on skin is enough to give it a neutral. The scent itself is very aquatic, almost perfume-like, but manly. I love smelling this when first applied but it just goes away too quickly. Alfred Sung currently has 3 men's cologne and only 1 of them has great longevity, the originaly Sung Homme. Don't bother with Hei or Paradise unless you're just looking for a scent to wear to bed.

29 April, 2010

Paradise for Men by Alfred Sung

This is a very nice summer scent. Very aquatic, citrus and fruity. The triangle green bottle is also very eye appealing. The problem here is that the longevity is just plain awful. You're lucky if you get 2 hours, but i'd say 1 hour is the average length. Horrible. Had they worked on this issue a little more, this would be my favorite summer scent. Out of the 3 Alfred Sun men's fragrances, this one ranks the lowest in my opinion.

28 April, 2010

Duro by Nasomatto

Dangerous stuff in the wrong hands! One spritz of this is all you need. Don't do more!!! Duro is amazingly projecting and long lasting. When I smell it my nose picks up leather, campfire smoke, tobacco and gasoline. This sounds bad I know, but it actually developes quite nicely and becomes one of the most masculine scents ever. Those girls who "love to wear men's scents" wouldn't go near this one with a 10 foot pole. The downside here is that fact that its 150 bucks just for a 1 oz bottle... man oh man. But like I said, only one spray on the middle of your neck will last all day for you, so when you compare it to the usual 2-4 sprays from normal cologne, this one lasts about the same amount of time.

24 April, 2010

Bulgari pour Homme Extreme by Bulgari

This one is really nice, one of my favorites. The opening is very minty. I smell pine needles for about a half hour. When it starts to dry down it starts to become much more citrusy. I can smell grapefruit even though it doesn't list it in the notes. Odd. Anyways, this one is pretty lost lasting and has above average silliage. As for being "extreme", no not really. I think this one is discontinued- which is a shame because its one of Bvlgari's best fragrances in my opinion. Signiture scent worthy.

23 April, 2010

Zegna Colonia by Ermenegildo Zegna

I thought this was a nice enough of a scent but it was just too sweet for me. I used my usual 3 sprays (both sides of neck, then on wrist) and I was quite repulsed by the sweetness. It was overbearing. So I guess less is better on this one. It was a classy woods but honestly, this is a special occasion type of fragrance. I can't imagine someone wearing this everyday.

22 April, 2010

Zegna Intenso by Ermenegildo Zegna

This is actually a really good fragrance. The longevity and silliage are above average. Its a very fancy smelling woods that seems to get a good amount of compliments. More recently, Zegna has released Colonia which in my opinion, is a more sweet version of Intenso. If I had to recommend one of the two, it would be for sure Intenso. Not exactly something I could wear everyday though. Special occasions for sure though.

22 April, 2010

Reaction for Men by Kenneth Cole

I really liked the smell of this one. It had that mature woodsy aroma but at the same time, it was fruity. A pretty nice combo and this makes for a great spring/summer scent. The big turnoff for me however, was the longevity. Which sucks. You're lucky to get a full 3-4 hours with this thing. Won't even last the work day. Granted, i've read some reviews of people saying it lasts all day, but not for me... And seemingly not for the bulk of the world either. Great scent, bad longevity. Catch 22.

20th April, 2010

Black by Kenneth Cole

This is actually a pretty solid fragrance. I used to wear it quite a lot when it first came out but it got really popular where I live and I was tired of smelling it everywhere so I stopped wearing it myself. While its nothing new or exciting its just an extremely versatile cologne that can be worn all year round in pretty much any setting: interview, bar, date, etc. If you're looking for a solid everyday scent with good silliage and longevity this is it.

19 April, 2010

DKNY Men (New) by Donna Karan

Nothing short of great. The longevity and silliage are above average. The scent is similar to that of a big thick library book. Doesn't sound like something you'd want to smell like, but its just something you gotta smell before you understand. I can see how the fragrance buffs below me gave it a bad rating. Why where something like this when you're into fancy stuff like Creed? But for the average joe living in the city, the new DKNY Men is a great everyday scent. Girls seem to love it too.

18 April, 2010