Reviews by DanielMunoz

DanielMunoz's avatar
    DanielMunoz

Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

The parfum formulation is excellent, with lots of that mineral and earth accord! It's very rich too, so it might be better for fall, but it definitely doesn't feel like a winter scent. The EDT was nice, but wasn't really much different to me than other orange/grapefruit and woodsy scents. Thumbs up for the parfum and I guess the EDT.

19 June, 2010

Blu Mediterraneo Bergamotto di Calabria by Acqua di Parma

Reminds me when I take a lemon wedge and squeeze it into my glass of water at a restaurant! All the lemon oils stick to my hands through the night. This makes me feel right at home, but I think I might need to buy the body lotion and use it with the EDT in order to get more lasting power out of it...

Allure Homme Edition Blanche by Chanel

This is the best Chanel Allure Pour Homme out there. Very warm, creamy, and citrussy. Also very original I think. A foreign exchange student from Switzerland at my school said she could always tell it was me because she could smell AEB. I kinda miss it, and am thinking of buying a new bottle of this.

Nina (new) by Nina Ricci

Nice scent with a unique caramel apple accord in the heart. On my skin, it actually developed from citrusses, to caramel apple, to woods, and was really exciting to wear. Who told me to test this out on myself? My friend's dad, straight as a line like me, and also completely fearless. (He also owns a bottle.) Rock on, Mr. Drylie, rock on.

L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

It's pretty interesting with this crisp, slightly aldehydic quality. Wish it could have been a little less sweet though

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

I give this a neutral because the coffee and vanilla notes reminded me of having coffee with dad as a teenager in the morning before school. (I was always late on those days, like it mattered...) It's so artificial-smelling, and though it's much better in terms of completeness than the women's Angel, this one just isn't for me. I returned it to Nordstroms after 2 weeks of use in order to buy my best friend and his little sister L'eau D'Issey PH and FlowerBomb giftsets. (for his college graduation and her high school graduation, respectively) Still, A*Men's metallic bottle is super cool. That and the beforementioned coffee note saved this from a thumbs down