Reviews by Postumo

cK One Summer 2014 by Calvin Klein

Malibu rum in a bottle.

Do you know that rum labeled as "Malibu" in a white tall bottle? it's some kind of suave rum mixed with some coconut and has a bit of a tropical feeling to it.
This one is just as pleasant and easy to wear as that rum is easy to drink mixed with some Blue tropic or Pineapple juice. Uncomplicated, fresh, but, even at its price, it keeps some quality, far from those "clean, detergent fresh fragrances" that you can find everywhere now.
28th March, 2014

Laine de Verre by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

This one is the best representation of what I hate in perfumery: modern laundry-esque and astrigent fragrances that brands try to sell as modern, casual, clean... for me, it just smells like a futuristic detergent I can't stand.
28th March, 2014

Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

Awesome fragrance. Great spicy vanilla, a little bit powdery but perfectly balanced. Great lasting power and beautiful sillage.
14th May, 2013

Red Vetyver by Montale

For me it's like a perfect blend of vetver + the best of Terre + the cool peppery effect of Poivre Samarcand. Longer lasting that both Hermes with a gentle and transparent sillage. Its projection is similar to Terre's but less dense.

For me it's a winner, you can't go wrong with it. Easy to wear and suitable for most situations and any weather.
28th June, 2012

Sweet Oriental Dream by Montale

At first I thought I'd never get to like SOD but after a couple of wearings I've fallen in love with it.
You get what was promised: Sweet Oriental Dream is sweet but never in a cloying way, its sweetness is well balanced (Pierre Montale may have some "not so good" perfumes but, when he's spot on, he really is). With SOD you get the aroma of turkish delight: you get honey, you get almonds and dried fruits, you get spices, some rose petals... At first I got the impression that this mix was going to become sugary sweet and too powdery, but It never gets that way (thanks, Pierre).

It lasts and lasts with very good projection. I've got really good feedback with this fragrance, people with no interest in fragrances beyond the one they wear or they got for christmas have been asking me where did I buy this one.

In my "Montale Experience" this and Blue Amber have been authentic crowd pleasers. Thumbs up from me.
29th January, 2012

Terre d'Hermès Parfum by Hermès

I prefer the EDT for various reasons, but this is nonetheless a grear fragrance. I wears closer to the skin than the edt, it's deeper and thicker than the EDT, although that doesn't make it better or worse than the EDT, it's just a different take on the same theme.

Thumbs up from me.
24th January, 2012

Dark Aoud by Montale

Nothing to add to the reviews by Alfarom and Darvant. Austere, dark, dry... pure woods, smoky woods. May not be of everyone's taste, but it's a great composition.
24th January, 2012

Eau Lente by Diptyque

It starts with a brust of dense spices (cinnamon and cloves, as others have stated) that lasts for a while and turns slowly into a tribute to opoponax that is sweet but not sugary or cloying, well balanced with the spices.

Topnotes may be hard to stomach, but i like them for a change. The drydown is to die for. It doesn't seem linear to me, which is strange among classics Diptyque offerings.

Good sillage and longevity. Thumbs up for sure.
21st October, 2011

Incense Pure by Sonoma Scent Studio

One of the best true to life Incenses i've ever tried. It's clear you need to love incense to love this, because it is what it is. The name suits perfectly
Thumbs up for sure!
19th July, 2011

Winter Woods by Sonoma Scent Studio

I've worn it today from a sample. It's another hot spanish summer but i don't care.

From the moment this juice touched my skin i knew i'd love it. My family loves it too. Warm and resinous woods, with some animalic and boozy touchs. Feels like it's imbued with some vanilla or patchouli, but they are not listed as notes.

Great longevity, it's great to get whiffs of this frag as you walk around. Maybe not an everyday frag, but lovable and comfortable as few are. If this was released under a famous brand no doubt it would be a best seller.

Will buy it soon.
07th July, 2011

Ambre Noir by Sonoma Scent Studio

Dark, deep and rich unsweet amber fragrance. Well, it's not that much amber, it develops and changes during it's lifespan, which is quite long. It's complex and you'll need time to find the "amber" theme.
Diamondflame's description is spot on IMO.
05th July, 2011

Carnal Flower by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

Love this frag! tropical vibe, a lot of tuberose essential oil under control (may tuberosey frags fall in the buttery sweet category) and with the right amount of coconut, jasmine and eucaliptus to make it unique.

Good sillage and longevity. Too pricey though :(

One of the best nonetheless!
21st June, 2011

Olène by Diptyque

Big Jasmine Here.

It's what it's and it's very good at its job. Olene tries to deliver a quite realistic and indolic jasmine, somewhat green and not very sweet.
You should know that this should be perfect for any jasmine lover. If you are looking for other sort of fragrance, get any other, as this is a pure jasmine soliflore, with serious sillage and longevity. Linear as most diptyques, simple but not simplistic.

For the jasmine love a 10/10.

If you don't like jasmine or want something else...look elsewhere.
09th June, 2011

L'Ombre dans L'Eau by Diptyque

One of the best scents i've ever worn. I love green, natural and earthy fragrances. This one meets all these requirements.

I'll make you feel like in a garden, sorrounded at dawn by wet plants. You smell the grass and the roses growing not far away. By the drydown you are getting closer to those roses... but you can't grab them. That's the feeling I get wearing this great work of perfumery.

This is Diptyque at its best. A garden-like fragrance, quite linear (in a good way), natural and lasting without being overpowering. It's a good and comfortable change for those days you don't want you dense, strong or complex fragrance. This will let you breath and relax, but, at the same time you'll still feel elegant and classy.

This can be worn at any season, day or night, formal or casual.

Great all around fragrance.
28th April, 2011 (last edited: 15th August, 2011)

Blue Amber by Montale

Thumbs up for this rather uncomplicated but well done fragrance. I find it to be an spiced amber during the first couple of houirs with a hint of citruses.
Later it develops to quite nice ambery and spiced vanilla that i like a lot (not being a fan of vainilla). Linear but one of the nicest i've tried.

Compared it with other ambers i can tell you that i find Ambre Sultan more complex and a little bit stronger, but harder to wear. Ambre Russe has a more elaborated smell, more unique style but lacks the longevity Blue Amber has. Ambre Precieux i've tested less, so i can't tell you much about their differences.

Fantastic longevity and medium to high sillage. Perfect for the price.
10th April, 2011

Voyage by Nautica

Not the best fragance out there, but for the price it beats down many other aquatic fresh and summery scents.

20€ for 100ml plus its Aftershave and you have some nice "to go" frag for hot summer days when you do nothing special.
21st January, 2011

Belle d'Opium by Yves Saint Laurent

Very watered down version of the original opium... maybe nice for actual market of fresh and soft fragances.
No character or personality, no longevity, no sillage.... what do we have? another generic female fragance for the mass market.
13th January, 2011

Déclaration by Cartier

Outstanding classy fragance. A bargain for its price, niche in its spirit.
Thumbs up well deserved for this JC Ellena's creation. Maybe it's not a fragance for everyone but it's top quality and lasts seriously. When i wear it, i only have positive comments.
13th January, 2011

1 Million by Paco Rabanne

Good longevity and projection, but average smell. It has been available in Spain for 2 years and almost every boy around you wears it.
I didn't wear my better fragances for clubbing because all you could smell was smoke due to everybody smoking in clubs or pubs. Smoking is now forbidden and a new problem appears: all you can smell is 1 million due to all the chavs wearing it.
This is a "not too bad" fragance made worse by all those guys wearing it. There's no need spending money on it because you don't have to wear it just to smell like it. It's in the air, so save the money and buy something with more character or soul to make you feel more unique.
02nd January, 2011

7 de Loewe by Loewe

Does it smell or something?

What i've smelled so far from it is unpleasant an cheap. Loewe lies when it tells you this is incense...
07th December, 2010

Opium pour Homme Eau de Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent

I don't know if people around me likes it or not, but i feel great wearing this. It lasts and has a great sillage, it's one of the few frags that i wear and i can smell all night long. It's toxic and well put together. A great member of the YSL family.

I started at YSL with La Nuit de L'Homme and i love it, but now it feels like Opium edp's little brother. Big Thumbs up for this one
17th October, 2010

Fleurs d'Oranger by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

I tried this today and all I can say is that we are before a very refined scent, very well done orange blossom with nice projection and longevity, without being intrusive at all.
Maybe better suited for women, but I enjoy it anyway.

10th September, 2010

Patchouly Noir by Il Profumo

Great Patchouli. It's not a sillage monster but it lasts fairly. The smell is fantastic. I've never been a fan of patchouli, but this one is so good that has changed my mind.

Thumbs up. Too bad it's a bit expensive and hard to find in my country :(. If I can, i'll take it to my wardrobe soon
07th September, 2010

Fahrenheit by Christian Dior

Burnt wheels is all I get on my skin. Nauseating at best, people around got the same feeling.
26th August, 2010

Comme des Garçons 2 Man by Comme des Garçons

It becomes good with sometimes, sadly the opening is not good enough, and, at its best, CDG 2 Man feels like you already knew it, like you have smelled it before.

Neutral rating in my opinion

Is it me, or at some stages it smells similar to Bel Ami?
20th August, 2010

Only The Brave by Diesel

Projects, yeah!
Lasts yeah too!

But it stinks
19th August, 2010

Blu Mediterraneo Bergamotto di Calabria by Acqua di Parma

Nice smell but longevity is short so is sillage. It's a natural smell, you can feel quality, it's well made, but it's a short lived pleasure.

I was looking for this kind of fragance for summer, but with better sillage and longevity, i can't spend so much money on 1/2 hour of scent.
12th August, 2010

Nightflight by Joop!

Quite good fragance, long lasting and with good sillage. The aroma itself is different. I don't get why some basenoters say that it's unoriginal and just soapy. At least, over this area of the world (where, casually, you can't buy nightflight!) you don't smell similar fragances when you go out.

It was a blind buy, the only one i've done, but i'll repeat for sure.
19th July, 2010

Platinum Égoïste by Chanel

I don't get why there are so many people around here thumbin' down this fragance. I think its pretty good, with good sillage and projection. why compare it with old school "egoiste"? they just share the name, don't look at them like they were brothers or partners.

In my opinion, as wearable as a fragance could be. Maybe it's not the best out there, but pretty good. Not for the powerhouse or classic fragance lovers (I'm staring at those ones that recommend Antaeus, Pour Monsieur or Yatagan as summer fragances!!!)
17th July, 2010

Antaeus by Chanel

Makes me feel like if i was Charles Bronson in "Death Wish 2".

Overpowering powerhouse, too popular over here due to this... i feel it's unwearable nowadays

for 50+ people