Reviews

Reviews by sables

Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

This wonderful fragrances might smell urinous to some people, but I suppose that they want their fragrances to smell nice and clean, dry and airy. I, for my part like my fragrances to smell rather daring, bold and unique, with a strong personality. And Kouros is a bold and daring scent, and definitely stands apart from all those rachitic little Cool Water- and Declaration-clones. Yes, it´s not for everybody and it´s not a crowd-pleaser and you need to have the guts to wear it, because it might smell repellent to some, but I assure you that there will be always someone who will love it and will ask you what you are wearing! Two thumbs up for this masterpiece!!
25th May, 2009

Roadster by Cartier

One of the best releases in recent years! Mathilde Laurent succeeded in creating a new fougère-accord: mint instead of lavender is the key-note accompanied by bergamot, precious woods, labdanum, vanilla, amber and patchouli.
No dentist- office, chewing-gum or toothpaste allusion at all, Roadster rather reminds me of an "After-Eight" confection.
Well balanced and perfectly blended - two thumps up!
28th September, 2008

Antaeus by Chanel

This is "No. 5 pour Homme" - Chapeau Monsieur Polge!!!
18th July, 2008

Angélique Encens by Creed

...finally found my holy grail: thy name is Angélique Encens!
13th December, 2005