Reviews by saint_james

Halston 1-12 by Halston

This was my first "high end" fragrance. I loved it. It was noticeable and sensuous without being obtrusive. I still occasionally buy it when I can find it. It is usually on discount shelves in mid-level retails stores. It will soon disappear. I was in my late teens when I got it as a gift. I wore a lot of leather and suede back then It was a perfect mix for the look and the smells. I'm going to get some today!

Antaeus by Chanel

You are riding in a mercedes limo with a beautiful lady on your way to a red carpet event when you wear this stuff. Its so heady and masculine. It lingers and the basenotes are so nice and subtle. A truly elegant scent. It's in my top 5 faves of all time.

Vanderbilt by Gloria Vanderbilt

The first scent I ever purchased for my beautiful wife in the early 80's. A clean, powdery and sexy scent. It smells of flowers and luxurious bathing. A welcoming and stunning scent.

Byblos Sandalo by Byblos

This is not just a fragrance for women. I purchased it in a discount bin at a very popular retail store because the box was stained. I didn't know it was for women and since I love sandalwood I promtly used it at home. As the evening wore on I was mesmerized by the subtle scent of sandalwood blended with the distict but not overly sweet aroma of vanilla which appeared to soften the sandalwood. At work the next day I recieved a couple of "you smell nice(s) from my peers. I like this a lot and will be purchasing more asap. I think its suitable for men or women.

Habit Rouge by Guerlain

A Fave. It's a perennial scent for me. I have worn this for 20 years off and on. Deep and sweet, almost edible. Always evokes an inqisitive response. You'll have to be careful not to overuse. This is not a scent that will bear up well with an all over sprtiz, gentlemen, pulse point (elbows and chest) sparingly. You'll become a devotee also. Very long lasting.

Givenchy Gentleman by Givenchy

I am a lover of patchouli so I may be biased but I am a fan of this gorgeous scent. I only wear it in winter though because I find it a little too strong for my taste in sumer months. It is very long lasting ; very noticeable without hammering people in the head. The leather note is particularly strong with my body chemistry. A very bold and masculine scent.

Coco by Chanel

A gorgeously decadent fragrance. I always make sure my wife has some in her perfume wardrobe. Rich and sensual without the intoxication of "Poison" and others of that ilk. the combibations of Amber, vanilla and Tonka Bean give an almost spicy chocolate effect on the skin.
    Yummm!

Royal Copenhagen by Royal Copenhagen

I absolutely love this fragrance. It is spicy and light simultaneously. I get nothing but raves and compliments when I wear it. It is deeply exotic on my skin in the summer heat and fresh and powdery in the winter. A definately signature for me.
    It is not trendy and "modern" like some others. It stands out from the rest of the many men's fragrances today that make you smell just like evryone else. LOVE IT!

17 May, 2006