Reviews by sarj

Bleu de Chanel by Chanel

Very under-whelmed. It's been awhile since I have posted a review, so its a shame it had to be for this.
    I didnt have high expectations when I read about the notes, and well it sank below that.
    Not sure what the market is here. Young, sporty, nightclub? I find it quite synthetic....the grapefruit comes oon a little bit strong. It smells like something that has come out in the last 3 to 5 years....a Davidoff, or a Boss...I can't quite put my finger on it yet.
    Go for the Gucci Pour Homme or Givenchy Pour Homme (red) if you want something commercial but done better.
    Sarjeet

06 August, 2010

1 Million by Paco Rabanne

I recall smelling this last October in Singapore airport. It was being sprayed EVERYWHERE and was therefore 'quite' noticeable. For this reason I didnt bother...overly sweet, cloying...and I was gagging for a beer at the time! Interesting enough havnt bothered with sampling it over the last 10 months....but just a few days ago my nephew bragged on how he got such a good deal for a tester. He was wearing it at the time, and admittedly I didn't mind it. Coming into spring here in Australia and if worn lightly it would be far from un-pleasant. Furthermore, it was bringing back a faint nostalgic memory of a summer years ago....due to a similar scent I owned most probably at the time. I just could not figure out what it was though! It was bugging me...... then this morning it jumped at me....Samourai by Delon! One Million goes a bit heavier on the amber, but the familiarities are there.....for those of you looking for a more aquatic, and (in my opinion) more versatile version of One Million, try to source out Samourai. Ahhh yes, fond memories of a summer many years ago.
    Having said that, one million gets an ever so slight thumbs up. I wouldnt purchase it myself, but would not pass it up as a gift thats for sure!

05 September, 2009

Just Cavalli Him by Roberto Cavalli

Starts off like something akin to Zegna, then dries down to the notes that remind me of Zanzibar (the ginger). I would find it wearable, non-unique scent. Its the kind of scent that I like, and would hope to get as a gift since I own both Zegna and Equus ;-)

08 November, 2004