Reviews by MCTAKE5

MCTAKE5's avatar
    MCTAKE5

Bleu de Chanel by Chanel

Keep those negative reviews coming. Bleu de Chanel, despite the negative reviews, has garnered more compliments then I would have imagined, from the gals and a few guys as well. Great longevity, projection is excellent but not overpowering. In this world of “yet another aquatic” Bleu de Chanel is quietly gaining respect. So keep those negative comments and reviews coming, stay on that bandwagon, it’s great to wear something this good, not being worn by every other guy.

08 April, 2013

Acqua di Giò Essenza by Giorgio Armani

This is one of the best colognes I’ve ever owned. The fragrance is outstanding, great longevity, and projection. Not as sharp as ADG original, which is nice, but a bit better in longevity / projection and dry-down. I’ll be wearing this one all spring and summer long!

07 April, 2013

A*Men Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler

I just received Pure Havane today and I was blown away. This is one amazing scent. The fresh and honeyed tobacco with the vanilla are blended so well, and note transition so seamless throughout the dry-down to the patchouli and bitter cacao who’s presence are both beautiful, and subtle. Worth every dollar. This will surely be my number one Fall, Winter scent. The only down side, it’s nearly June.

31st May, 2012

Versace pour Homme by Versace

I really like this one. A bit sweet but has a nice dry down and, on my skin, lasts 6 hours or more. I also found on my clothes it can last all day. An excellent spring, summer scent which has gotten many compliments from both men and women.

07 May, 2012

L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

So something of a mixed bag on the reviews with many commenting on the lacking longevity. I love this soft, inoffensive scent, and get about 5 hours on my skin, about average for this type of scent, but when I spray this on my shirt collar I can easily get 12+ hours. I find it versatile, nice for any occasion, any time of day. Two thumbs up on this one.

24 April, 2012

Eau Sauvage by Christian Dior

This is the one cologne for men that I can call beautiful. Throughout the note transitions, Eau Sauvage is ever present, lasting up to 8 hours on my skin and much longer on my shirt collar. Truly a classic that has transcended all the “modern classics” with style and class. Still one of the best colognes on the market.

09 December, 2010

Burberry for Men by Burberry

This is an absolute incredible scent! I can’t get enough of it and I think it’s the best of the Burberry colognes. I find it to be an excellent clothing scent as well, as it last for 9 to 10 hours on my shirt collar. I’m not going to go into describing all the notes and how they transition. It’s all great from start to finish, and the gals love it too. True classic!

06 December, 2010

Héritage by Guerlain

This is some cologne! It goes on a bit, well, strange. After about maybe 10 minutes, it becomes this incredible fragrance. I mean one of my all time favorite scents, really. Talk about an ugly duckling! I spay a bit on the back of my hand and sniff it all day long, it’s plain addictive! After about 30 minutes, I get a bit of citrus and vanilla all day long. Longevity is outstanding - 10+ hours. Not sure what that strange smell is initially, maybe Civet? But when this settles in man incredible! Love it!

06 August, 2010 (Last Edited: 22 December, 2011)

Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée by Chanel

Excellent scent, the citrus opening is rich. Dry down is so inviting and sensual. I use this nearly every day and the complements keep coming. Longevity is outstanding as I get 10 hours. One of the finest colognes ever.

30th July, 2010 (Last Edited: 21st May, 2011)

Allure Homme by Chanel

Allure Homme is simply outstanding. The initial refined citrus burst, mellows down to a creamy soft scent which drive women nuts! Can be used every day, night on the town, or romantic evenings. Dry down is seamless, consistent, with excellent life. This is by no means a boring cologne, rather refined and sensuous. A must have.

29 July, 2010 (Last Edited: 06 June, 2012)

Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

No lengthy breakdown of Jaipur, frankly, it’s not necessary. Simply stated, an excellent cologne. Complements keep coming for this timeless fragrance. As with Boucheron, dry down is balanced with great projection, longevity is outstanding. Both Edt and Edp are excellent, with only a few subtle differences. Jaipur is a must have for any man looking to stand out.

26 July, 2010 (Last Edited: 27 July, 2010)

Boucheron pour Homme by Boucheron

No lengthy breakdown of Boucheron, frankly, it’s not necessary. Simply stated, an excellent cologne. Complements keep coming for this clasic fragrance. As with Jaipur, dry down is balanced with great projection. Boucheron is a must have for any man looking to stand out.

26 July, 2010

Eternity for Men by Calvin Klein

Nice citrus opening then mellows to what I’ll call a seductive scent. I used Eternity exclusively back in the 90’s but spent the last 10 years with other newer, highly rated colognes. On a whim, I purchased a bottle and WOW!! I almost forgot just how incredible this stuff is. It’s back as my number one cologne! This cologne is simply magic. In the past 2 days I’ve received several complements, most from the ladies. Longevity is excellent. Ladies love it! Classic!

10th July, 2010