Reviews by mocha1943

mocha1943's avatar
    mocha1943

White Aoud by Montale

I received a sample of this and it is very lovely. The aoud is sensual but not overwhelming. I love the floral notes of rose, jasmine and saffron melding with creamy vanilla and sandalwood. It and Aoud Velvet are my favorites of the Montale line. Il lasts (as do most of the Montales I've tried) 12 hours on my skin, and 48 hours on a cotton round. I definitely would buy a full bottle of this sometime in the future.

03 October, 2010

Aoud Velvet by Montale

I tried a sample of this and just love it. It is rich, not overwhelming but very smooth and, velvety! Well named, indeed. It lasts for at least 12 hours on my skin and 48 hours on a cotton round. This, to me, is a scent of the highest quality. Definitely on my wish list for a full bottle.

03 October, 2010

Kenzo Amour by Kenzo

On me, this is a lovely oriental vanilla that lasts for hours. I love it and my daughter loves it.

20th September, 2010

FlowerbyKenzo Oriental by Kenzo

I, too, like Oriental Flower more than the original Flower. It has the incense and pepper that give it more kick. It lasts 4 or 5 hours on me which due to rather dry skin, is acceptable to me. I find if I apply a few drops of olive oil on my wrists, the scent lasts longer.

20th September, 2010

Jasmin Noir by Bulgari

I enjoy the scent of jasmine with the kick of licorice that is in this scent. It lasts for several hours on me which I consider very good for the House of Bvlgari.

Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge by Bulgari

This is the most robust tea of the Bvlgari selections. I love the notes of African red tea, pepper with fig. It lasts for several hours on me. Definitely unisex. I wear it often and have received compliments.

Eau Parfumée au Thé Blanc by Bulgari

I find the blend of artemisia and white tea to be subtle but lovely. It only lasts 2 or 3 hours on me, which is unfortunately short. It would be a nice scent for the workplace.

Nectarine Blossom & Honey by Jo Malone

I love this scent. The combination of peach, nectarine blossom and black locust (honey locust) is simply divine. I still remember the locust blossoms of my younger years, growing up in the country, the fragrance and the beauty of the blossom lingers in my memory. I notice the notes mentioned on this site are honey, on another site the note is black locust. It lasts 4 or 5 hours on me, which is acceptible, to me, but if it lasted a few hours longer, I would give it 5 stars.

06 September, 2010

Eternal Magic by Avon

I really enjoy this scent. I think the orris root combined with florals is very distinctive. It also lasts very well on me. IMO one of Avon's best fragrances.

03 September, 2010

Always by Avon

This is a very vibrant fragrance on me. I love the combination of kiwi and jasmin. I think the bamboo note makes it special It lasts for 4 or 5 hours on me which I find acceptable. In my opinion it is one of the best fragrances that Avon has put on the market.

19 August, 2010

Astor Place by Bond No. 9

I love this scent on me. I sniff my wrist frequently and enjoy the freesia combined with mandarin, violet, and the kicker, orris. This lasts 5 or 6 hours on me, which, considering my dry skin, is good. I started with a tester of it and loved it enough to scour the internet for a reasonably priced 3.3 oz bottle. It definitely is the real deal, not watered down and smells just like the bon bon.

16 July, 2010 (Last Edited: 18 September, 2010)