Reviews by frogsnsnails

frogsnsnails's avatar
    frogsnsnails

What We Do In Paris Is Secret by A Lab on Fire

Do not believe the hype. Don't let it influence you when you try this scent.
    When I first smelled this, I was definitely not impressed, thinking, it wasn't too groundbreaking, I've smelled this before, this is something you'd easily smell on just about anyone else, etc.
    But then.... there it was. After a couple hours, the typical overly-marketed top notes fade and it dries down into this honey-sexied-spicyness (curiously similar to Putain des Palaces by Etat Libre d’Orange) that I can't seem to get over. It haunts me. It's feminine. It's sweet. It's sexy with just the perfect amount of spice with a trail of vanilla. And did I mention it lasts for HOURS with excellent projection. Ugh. So now I'm crazy over this marvelous perfume that I wasn't too enthralled with in the beginning. Goodbye $110.
    Edit: A Lab on Fire sells .5 fl oz (15 ml) of this wonderful juice for $45. Sold!

01st September, 2012

Putain des Palaces by Etat Libre d'Orange

This is a naughty girl that needs to be spanked for being gorgeously sexy. It rides on the rim of being raunchy while refined at the same time but after a while reins itself back in and stays refined and remains a slightly dirty musk. Such a well blended mix. I absolutely adore this fragrance, and it is definitely FB worthy. I don't think I needed to sample this beforehand; I could've bought this unsniffed---it's that good. Be prepared to be up to no good with this one.

09 August, 2012

Douceur de Vanille by Les Néréides

This is exactly what everyone else has been saying---sweet baby powder, but oh, do I love it. That's exactly what I'm looking for, so I guess this fits the bill, and I'm not disappointed that I don't smell any gourmand vanilla. For that I rely on Acqua e Zucchero and The Exact Friction of Stars. Staying power is also kind of faint. Once again though, I don't mind; in fact I appreciate that it's an EDT. This innocent, gentle piece makes me want to wear a dainty little white lace set, melt into my bed, and just go 'aaaaah'. Innocently sexy.

18 July, 2012

Beautiful Sheer by Estée Lauder

Tommy Girl all the way. Just a bit lighter and fresher.

As a sidenote---Acqua di Biella's Cashmere Twill smells somewhat similar to this as well.

04 March, 2012

Brit Sheer by Burberry

The notes include yuzu, mandarin, pineapple leaves, lychee, grapes, peony, peach blossom, sweet pea, nashi pear, white musk and amyris wood. It's true; nothing groundbreaking or enlightening about this juice and it is not distinctive as a scent. However, it is completely inoffensive and just plain nice; like that one person you know from work that is consistently nice, kind, and treats you with respect. This perfume does exactly the same- will always treat you kind, and you can't go wrong with it. Fresh, floral, and slightly fruity, this is one of those perfumes you wear on a day where you just want to smell fresh but ordinary.

11th April, 2011