Reviews by seccho

seccho's avatar
    seccho

Old Spice by Procter & Gamble

One could do worse I suppose...

Well, I'm 27 and live with my mom (hey, post-college life hasn't turned out exactly as I'd planned...laugh and you get a smacking!), and there's been a bottle of Old Spice in our upstairs bathroom since I was an early teen. I'm sure I got it as some lame C-mas gift. Anyway, for whatever reason, tonight I decided to wipe off the dusty bottle and apply some of the juice that had been gestating within to a strip of paper. And...well, you could do worse...haha. It's not great, by any stretch of the imagination. I would prefer it over nothing I own. But, it's not exactly the joke it's made out to be, either.

29 October, 2005

Reaction for Men by Kenneth Cole

Pleasant smelling enough, I suppose, but utterly unremarkable.

17 October, 2005

Curve Wave for Men by Liz Claiborne

Bought a 1 oz'er of this at Wally World on a whim (hey, the scratch and sniff sticker smelled good...haha). Anyway, the next day I was giving it away to a friend. I'm relatively new to the scent game, and this is the first fragrance I've come across where the description "synthetic" immediately popped into mind. It's not horrible, exactly, but it's not a scent I'd want to smell for very long.

Curve Crush for Men by Liz Claiborne

This is a pretty decent scent, but once my little .5oz bottle is gone I doubt I'll buy more. Dave is pretty much right on the money that this smells like Echo. It's not 100% identical, but it's bloody close. I even gave my mom, who has the keenest sense of smell of anyone I've ever known, a "blind" comparison test between the two, and she thought the two scents I handed her were the same. Echo, to my nose, though, smells just slightly more refined.

Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

I will always have a special place in my heart for this scent, as it was the first "real" cologne I ever purchased. Unfortunately, the scent got old really fast, and within a month I was seeking out replacements...which was a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it...'cause now I've got the addiction and my collection is growing at an alarming and ever expensive rate...haha.

Vera Wang for Men by Vera Wang

Hmm...the drydown on the skin is nice, if perhaps a bit too subtle to really be worthwhile. I don't like the non-mellowed smell of this stuff, so spraying on clothes, which I normally do to improve projection and longevity with my other colognes, is a no go...as it doesn't "age" and just retains the "fresh out of the bottle" smell. I wish I weren't so new at this or else I may have been able to explain that better...haha.

Desire Blue by Dunhill

I really do like this one. I only wish it was just slightly less sweet, but that's my only real complaint. It lasts pretty well on me and I think it'll work in most situations, save full on formal.

Chrome by Azzaro

It is a rather ubiquitious scent for a reason...it rules! Haha...seriously, though, in the 4 or so months since I've really gotten into cologne, I've owned either bottles or samples of roughly 20 different colognes, from Creed to Armani, and out of them all, this is my favorite. And although I wouldn't want to date a female that liked me only for my cologne, I have to say that this is the one scent that has gotten the MOST attention, by far, from the opposite sex. Heck, people in general. I don't wear it as often as I might like just because I've been going out of my way to broaden my scent horizons and I do like variety. This is my "go to" scent for now, though.

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

New to the scent game, I guess it's no surprise I purchased a bottle of this during one of my first Dillard's cologne shopping experiences. For the first couple of weeks I really liked it. Now, my 1.7oz bottle, which I had initially thought wouldn't last long, has been sitting 3/4 full on a shelf for some time. It does smell good, mind you(though it doesn't last all that long on me), but I now have so many other "better" options available that I only pull this out for nostalghia's sake.