Reviews by LucasKane

LucasKane's avatar
    LucasKane
    Netherlands Netherlands

Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel

Too bad. It starts out really nice. Clean and fresh with the mint and all. I like the opening a lot. After 10 minutes the Allure line DNA appears and it turns into a heavy chemical mess with some serious sillage. Bottle is nice though. Filing this one under sports accompanied with some pictures of a guy on the beach is quite ridiculous to my nose, it's way too heavy.

31st March, 2012

Comme des Garçons Eau de Parfum / "A New Perfume" by Comme des Garçons

This is just great. Upon first smell I got that same thrill when smelling CDG2Man for the first time. It does not smell of perfume yet it's such a great scent. This is an industrial, fresh, weird but still very wearable and versatile fragrance from this fine house. Very unisex, masculin opening with a drydown leaning towards the feminin. A smell you'll never forget. Btw Alfarom did a great job describing the notes. Five stars.

25 March, 2012 (Last Edited: 31st March, 2012)

Tome I - La Pureté for Him by Zadig & Voltaire

Dsquared potion copy/paste

16 March, 2012

parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Jaisalmer by Comme des Garçons

Spirit of the Tiger mixed with CdG White. Great!!

30th November, 2011

Riverside Drive by Bond No. 9

Riverside drive is in the same league as GIT but smells different enough to own both. It's classic, versatile and fresh. The best Bond and it would make a great sinature scent. Quality stuff, 5 stars!

08 November, 2011 (Last Edited: 12 November, 2011)

Chamen's Party by Honoré de Prés

What is this? Le Labo's Patchouli 24 with the drydown of Guerlain Vetiver? Great!

03 July, 2011

Patchouli 24 by Le Labo

Surreal scent! Memories of old books, wooden furniture, dusty rooms, campfire smoke, barbecue sauce and it's all in this small bottle. Magical, words fall short, a true masterpiece.

07 June, 2011

Green Irish Tweed by Creed

The king of scents. If you're on a quest for the ultimate signature look no futher. This one has it all and smells damn good.

09 March, 2011

Fahrenheit by Christian Dior

Ahh Fahrenheit... I remember years ago this was my older brother's first fragrance and he wore it the whole summer vacation in France. Haha can you imagine? A 17 year old with 6 sprays of Fahrenheit (old formulation) in the middle of summer? How times have changed (sniff). Reformulated or not, I smelled it last week and was transported years back in time. The overall vibe is stiil as I remember. I love it. It's so different, fresh and dirty reminding me of scorched earth. I'm going to buy it!

Aqua pour Homme by Bulgari

All I get get is the smell of peeling a mandarin for 30 minutes. Then....nothing. I don't get any of the oceanic feeling inducing deepwater plants. Maybe because I don't smell them that often. Pass.

Silver Mountain Water by Creed

As mr. Turin says it's metallic and hissy, but to me; far from upleasant. To me this is pure genderless freshness. After the incredible, almost sneeze inducing, opening it gets just a little bit to sweet for my taste. This is also why I prefer to wear this in winter because the cold accentuates the nose tingling crispness I so love about fragrance. Just perfect for a sunny december sunday. A lot of people have problems with it's longevity while for me it is the only fragrance to reappear sometimes 12 or more hours after applying.

Dior Homme Sport (original) by Christian Dior

Most of the negative reviews are due to a certain disappointment that this Sport version has no link to the original Dior Homme. Well I'm not disappointed since I like Dior Homme but would only buy it for my girlfriend. This one is for me however! A great blast of lemon followed by the hot/cold sensation of the ginger that keeps going for hours. I have yet to encounter a more refreshing fragrance. Great!

19 January, 2011

Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

Professorgoggles sums it up just right. Kouros is very European, very French actually. Whoever made up the new rule that fragrances should smell clean? This is the smell of sweat, dirty sheets and and clean soap trying to mask it. It's the balance between these smells which makes it hauntingly unforgettable and one of a kind. It's an almost organic fragrance with a continuous tug of war between "good" and "evil" that has nuclear lasting power. No wonder Kouros has withstood the test of time.

16 January, 2011

Live Jazz by Yves Saint Laurent

Very nice indeed! All the notes are very well implemented and identifiable. The transition from top to base is beautiful. The minty citrus opening is exactly what I need in the morning. After half an hour the middle notes kick in. This is the best part. Still fresh but also unlike any other fragrance in its genre. It must be the rhubarb which sets it apart. It has very good sillage as well. I once got a compliment 5 hours after applying. The base reminds me somewhat of GIT (maybe Ambergis?) with some extra vanilla. This along with GIT is one of my favorites for the office in Summer.

13 January, 2011

Kenzo pour Homme by Kenzo

Weird, wonderful and timeless. This scent creates an abstract picture of a salty creek running through the northern woods. One of my all time favorites!

19 August, 2010 (Last Edited: 13 January, 2011)