Reviews by shouffrey

shouffrey's avatar
    shouffrey

Zanzibar by Van Cleef & Arpels

Total dissapointment. Ordered without smelling, thinking of Tsar and how wonderful it is. It smacks of Romance and Drakkar Noir. It smells like pre-pubescence. Fortunately it has no staying power.

Tsar by Van Cleef & Arpels

This fragrance is pure perfection. It reeks of class and elegance. Every time I wear it, I received compliments without fail. It is never sharp, always perfect day or night. I wish they had left the bottle alone, it was redesigned a few years ago, not a compliment to the original.

Surface Skin Tonic by Aramis

Beware. At first whiff the beguiling water blue fragrance smells cool, peaceful, and inviting. In the depths of this cesspool lies swampthing. It's like Drakkar with teeth. It's one of those awful fragrances that will make you run for the shower and a shower will not wash it off. Estee should've stuck with Tailoring [Clinique].

Romance for Men by Ralph Lauren

Forgive me for not being "P.C.," but this stuff smells like cat piss. Aside from PS (Paul Sebatstian) the most repugnant fragrance I've ever smelled. There were a lot of awfull scent which came out in the "Green" time of the late nineties, such as Goodlife by Davidoff, but this one in the line of "Me Too" fragrances takes the cake for the big looser. I can't believe they sold so much of it.

Paco Rabanne Pour Homme by Paco Rabanne

Paco Rabanne exudes masculine sexuality. It's one of those rare fragrances which can bring you to your knees wondering what just hit you, but it hits you so softly you don't realize it. There are many fragrances which are poweful and raw, but not match this one for refinment and it's ability to leave you longing for more. Surreptitious and beckoning.

Moschino pour Homme by Moschino

This stuff rocks. It's very stong, but in a really good way. Definately a night-time/winter scent. It's heady, but not sugary sweet like Chanel Allure. It has terrific staying power. Probably not something to wear on a date, but definately good to find a date. Similar to the power of the original Ungaro, not in smell, but in strength.

Grabazzi by Gendarme

Grabazzi has savoir faire. It's a great evening scent, but works well in the daytime too. It's light, but strong. Strangely it smells like Aqua Net hairspray, but it dries down much better. Once it does it's intoxicating. As though it were made just for you.

Gendarme by Gendarme

In a word: the "BEACH." If you've ever seen the episode of Seinfeld where Kramer wants to sell a cologne to Calvin Klein which smells like the beach, this is it! It was a great idea, but Gendarme already did it. I read somewhere it was a remake of a classic fragrance from the 40s, but I don't know what.

Eau d'Hadrien by Annick Goutal

I use this one just for me. It's a lazy Sunday. I spray it on the sheets before I go to bed and usually use it those time I want to take a shower in the evening after a long day. It smells like a citrus grove near the ocean, but from afar. A very gentle and personal fragrance. It doesn't have much staying power, but that's probably why it has such intimate qualities. Like a whisper, a dream.

Brut by Fabergé

When I was in 6th grade, this was one of my first. As I matured I began to disdain it. As I grew up I longed for it.
    It reminds me of locker rooms and my grandfather. A wonderful daytime scent which is never overpowering, but always lingers. It's very masculine and has nothing sharp about it.

Bijan for Men by Bijan

If there was a hustler in men's frangrances this is it. It's loud, it's brash, it's offensive and it's rude. Great looking bottle, but no brains. Way too spicy, way too sweet, way too strong.

Gucci pour Homme by Gucci

Awful, smells like pencil shavings and I'm NOT kidding. It smells NOTHING like the original. Why defile the original pour homme with such a bad smell. It's as though Envy & Oscar for men collided

02 March, 2004

Ungaro II by Ungaro

Unlike the original, I find # II repugnant. There's something sickening about it, it's way too sweet.

24 February, 2004

Ungaro I by Ungaro

Intoxicating. Great evening fragrance. It's pretty strong, but worn lightly it is very compelling.

24 February, 2004