Reviews

Reviews by taint it sweet

Aventus by Creed

A great scent....it gets a lot of hate on here, but I've never had more compliments from any fragrance...maybe not even all the others combined. This isn't my favorite fragrance, but when I get a whiff of it in the wind, it's hard to beat. Very unique and a solid masculine perfume. Not going to get into the note breakdowns, because I don't have the nose for it, but this one smells great. Definitely a crowd pleaser.
12th April, 2015

Vétiver by Christian Dior

One of the best vetivers I've ever smelled...in fact, probably one of my favorite scents I own. I don't know how to describe it more in depth, other than to say it's different than any other vetiver I own. So sad it's discontinued.
11th March, 2015

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford

The opening is one of my favorite openings of any of my colognes. I love it. The problem is that it then turns into a strong vanilla scent without enough tobacco. The only thing that keeps this from being a 10 is the dry down. This is something I wish they would actually reformulate to include a stronger tobacco note throughout.
12th January, 2015 (last edited: 11th January, 2015)

Géranium pour Monsieur by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

A fresh mint opening with a nice, masculine dry down. This one is great from start to finish and doesn't ever get too much like toothpaste. It's my favorite mint and just smells clean.
05th October, 2014

Opus VI by Amouage

An amazing amber fragrance. Along with Memoir Man, this is my favorite from Amouage. It lasts forever and you only need a couple sprays. It has a very thick feel to it without being overly sweet. Definitely worth the money in my opinion. I think this is probably one of my top 5 fragrances I've ever worn.
16th June, 2014

Tabac Rouge / Turkish Blend by Phaedon

As everyone is saying, it's definitely similar to Tobacco Vanille to my nose. However, I'm starting to wonder if I prefer Tabac Rouge..and not because of the price. I don't pick out specific notes well all of the time, but this one is pretty straight forward. A nicely blended, smooth tobacco opening with a little vanilla and what smells like cinnamon. I'm sure there are other notes in there, but those are the ones that get my attention. The main difference for me with this fragrance, contrasting Tobacco Vanille, is that the vanilla never gets overly sweet through the dry down. Tobacco Vanille starts to almost smell like a candle on me after about 7 hours. This seems to keep the vanilla a little more muted and allow the tobacco to hang around. I prefer the opening of Tobacco Vanille, but as of right now, this has the more appealing dry down to me. Tabac Rouge also has great longevity and projection as well. Solid fragrance all around at a solid price. 7.5/10
13th March, 2014

Encre Noire by Lalique

As other have stated, this is a "dark" scent. I really enjoy this vetiver. It gets compared to Sycomore a lot, and I can see why...they are similar in a lot of ways to my nose. I don't know which one I enjoy more. Encre Noire is a great casual scent on a cool evening, while Sycomore works really well in more formal settings for me. The first time I tried Encre Noire, I didn't like it at all. It has grown on me over the years, and I love it now. I'd recommend not blind buying this one, but at such a low price, it's hard to pass up. This definitely smells different than your normal designer scents.
30th April, 2013

Sycomore (new) by Chanel

What a great fragrance. I think it's definitely different enough from Encre Noire to justify owning both. It's one of the smoothest, most versatile scents I own. A great vetiver scent, and I'm actually surprised this is "for women"...it's definitely something a man could feel comfortable wearing. Close to a perfect fragrance.
17th April, 2013

Green Irish Tweed by Creed

My wife's favorite. I think this may be one of my favorite scents as well. I agree that it smells a little like Cool Water, but I definitely think this one is much better and worth the extra money. It's a very refreshing scent. I don't do well with breaking down notes, but I will say that the dry down is amazing.
29th October, 2012

Royal Oud by Creed

I really enjoy this scent. Almost every time I wear it, somebody tells me that it smells nice. At certain times during the progression, I'm reminded of Memoir Man a little...which is a good thing.
29th October, 2012

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Extreme by Guerlain

Very good scent. I definitely get the cocoa. It's sweet, but not overly so. I have received compliments several times while wearing this. I get great longevity with this one.
29th September, 2012