Reviews by genevascent

Sartorial by Penhaligon's

First I tried this fragrance on one of my trips to London. I gave it the skin test. Ten minutes later I thought it was nothing special. However, one hour later it became much more masculine, and one of the best scents I ever tested. So I quickly ran back to the store before it closed to purchase one bottle. The longevity of this fragrance is amazing. It lasts on skin and on clothes forever. It has got a deep and very complex combination of scents. The sales person described it as a tailor's workshop, but frankly to me it rather suggests a mix of shaved businessman, young pirate and passionate lover all in one. It's got some pretty unique nuances, and it peaks at around 2-3 hours, which makes it suitable for long dates with women/men who love masculine & powerful.

20th November, 2012

Kiton Men by Kiton

Very nice, distinctive and elegant fragrance. I wear it both at work and at home, since it is light but masculine, present but not ostentatious. A good harmony between floral, wooden and citrus components.

Cerruti Image by Cerruti

This is a lovely fruity-floral scent, youthful and sensual. Good portability, although I prefer it more for my spare time rather than at work. It is NOT a sweet one; the pear just gives it a distinctive fruity note.

Comme des Garçons 2 by Comme des Garçons

I like this fragrance for its powerful statement, and being very aromatic (heavy and serious). It lasts for hours. Daytime or evening, disco or outdoors. Although it is listed as unisex, I find it masculine and sensual. It is like the Amarone of fragrances.

Chamade pour Homme by Guerlain

Most of time I wear this fragrance in the evening, as I find it has a romantic note. To me it smells initially floral, a strong scent of hyacinth, violet and rose, pleasant and refined. After a while it becomes even more sensual, with a leathery tone to it.