Reviews by Geldachron

Black Orchid by Tom Ford

Had a hard time trying this one after hearing it could be unisex. On the mid and the base for sure. The opening not so much. It's loud and bold. At first I liked it but did'nt know when to wear this fragrance. Now I use it as a clubbing scent. It works for me in that setting but I would'nt wear it anywere else.
01st February, 2014

Fleur de Chine by Tom Ford

Even though I am a guy, I really like this floral scent. I tend to spray a little on my shirt when wearing it. It'll last way longer.
25th December, 2013

TOMO fresh by Annayaké

Extremely close to the original. But more fresh so I'd say great job!
01st April, 2013

My Land by Trussardi

Don't expect just rough leather and lemons. It's much more a soft luxurious kind of suede that's mixed with an (almost feminine) mix of citrus, violet and lavender combo. On the dry-down it doesn't change much. The tonka bean only makes it a little more sweeter. I like it. And for the price it's a good bang for ur buck!
30th March, 2013

Tom Ford Noir by Tom Ford

I don't see why people need to compare this to the TF private blend line. It's much cheaper and of course that shows but in this day and age were it's all about fresh, sweet and wood this stands out. Yes it is on the expensive side for a designer (I got a fair price for it at duty free). Perfect for the cold weather we've been having lately.

Just test it out for yourself but I think if you enter with an open mind you'll find that it smells pretty good! ;)
18th November, 2012

212 VIP Men by Carolina Herrera

Not a bad fragrance but it really is to close to OM. I bet one could be fooled by wearing this under the OM banner.

Be unique for a change
23rd September, 2012

Strellson No. 1 by Strellson

A little over neutral. It's a nice fragrance but I've noticed that I reach for other fragrances before this one. Worth checking out for sure and perfectly inoffensive.

A true office work-horse.

01st April, 2012

Armani Privé Eau de Jade by Giorgio Armani

I have to admit it took some time to grow on me. I found it hard to see past the citrus opening but as I am sniffing the middle notes at the moment I really start to love this fragrance and may just end up buying this baby!
22nd January, 2012

Dirty English by Juicy Couture

Opens with an old school cologne kind of vibe with some dry mandarin and quickly turns into a cheap smelling fragrance (Think of the Lynx/Axe fragrances). Not something I'll go and buy anytime soon.

Bottle is cool though!
12th January, 2012

Summer Night by Canali

I own this one for a wile now and I have to say this is the best "clean" fragrance I've ever smelled. I usually don't go for such fragrances. It's not unique at all but in other ways it is.

Today this is a rare masterpiece and I always have a bottle of is.
11th January, 2012 (last edited: 04th March, 2012)

Amber Absolute by Tom Ford

Woods and bee's wax is what I get with a sweet amber. I don't know if I like this one yet but it sure is unique!
04th January, 2012

Neroli Portofino by Tom Ford

I can't really judge it wile wearing it in the wintertime, but so far it smells like a chemical citrus and some other stuff I can't seem to point out. I will give this a try in the summertime. Maybe it'll be better then.
04th January, 2012

Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford

I was looking for a fresh fragrance that you don't smell everywhere and I think I have found it. It lacks projection from mid to base but for work this would be a perfect scent.

This vetiver is done so well I can't believe this is not part of the Private Blend collection!
25th December, 2011

Azure Lime by Tom Ford

Though I knew the longevity was not to good, I had hoped that this private blend fragrance would be something nice and unique for the summer. I give it a neutral for now becouse although this is a nice fresh lime fragrance it's no way near worth the price. It is winter at the moment so I'll wait for the summer to come along and give it a try. I hope I can give it a thumbs up then because I'm hoping there is more good stuff than just TV and GV from the Tom Ford house.....
25th December, 2011

Black by Bulgari

The opening is a bit aggressive with the rubber and I can see why most would just write it of right there and then. But after about an hour the true face of this fragrance. The rubber dies down a bit and the vanilla and floral acordes come out. As it dies down into the basenotes what is left is the floral vanilla that sits pretty close to the skin.

You have to learn to love this fragrance. Don't expect to be able to throw this on whenever you like. You'll need to plan to wear this. Make sure you don't meet anyone new (like on a date) within the first hour or so.

If you only expect to own a couple of fragrances this is not for you. Mainly because you won't take it out as much but for a collector this will be an interesting bottle to own.....
20th December, 2011

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford

wmim said it right. Although I prefer the Wayfarer... I get why many say it's not worth the money but if you like this the way I do, no price tag will stop you.
16th December, 2011

Burberry London for Men by Burberry

It's to bad it does'nt last long because it's an amazing fragrance. The cinnamon and other spices make this an amazing scent that is my go-to fragrance for fall/winter.
09th December, 2011

Cuir Mauresque by Serge Lutens

Deep and dark fragrance. Really "old" feeling to it. Nice fragrance none the less!
07th November, 2011

Millésime Impérial by Creed

It should have been named "Millésime Impérial Sport"
05th October, 2011

Royal Water by Creed

It's nice. Just not 140$ nice. I probably would have bought it at the designer price range but this is not cool. Not cool!
05th October, 2011

YSL pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

The opening blast of citrus is the only part of this fragrance I love. The thyme just ruins it all. Sorry but I'm going to get rid of this bottle.
27th August, 2011 (last edited: 29th August, 2011)

Eau Sauvage by Christian Dior

I wish I was able to get away with wearing this. I'm afraid I'll just have to wait another 20 years or so. I do love it. Vintage but still pretty stylish.
22nd August, 2011

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Extrême / Eau de Parfum by Guerlain

Indeed a classy fragrance. I do not like to use that word but it just reeks of chique'ness. Very James Bond. A Tom Ford suit, Omega Seamaster watch, pretty lady at your side and killing it at a poker game. Need I say more?

When you need to dress to impress this is what you need to top it all off.
22nd August, 2011

Mouchoir de Monsieur by Guerlain

I have only been wearing this once so I won't jump to conclusions right away but this is my first impression:

The notes are verry light and it's a close to the skin fragrance. I do like the fragrance I just was wishing it was projecting more. longevity is pretty weak (4 to 5 hours max)
02nd August, 2011

Acqua di Parma Colonia by Acqua di Parma

I got a fragrance samples of this today. I don't see how this could be unisex. It's way to musky for a feminine fragrance. It feels like I would need to be a little older to wear this (I'm 22) but I think I'll buy it anyway.
30th July, 2011

Égoïste / L'Égoïste by Chanel

I tried this today and I love it!! Awsomely sophisticated and masculine fragrance. Class in a bottle.
21st February, 2011

Incanto pour Homme by Salvatore Ferragamo

Not special but then again I got it for 10 bucks so who can complain about that? It doesnt stand out in my collection but it shure is something that will be used on those "I just don't know what to put on" days.

Fresh spice. That's it.
09th February, 2011

Azzaro pour Homme by Azzaro

I tried this out yesterday, had my doubts on the opening but from the drydown this is a verry respectable fragrance. It gives off a musky and green/herbal feeling to it with a bit of a balm note like in the drydown of Opium PH. To be honest, I would not wear this. It smells pretty dated but it is a powerhouse from way back when. I just dont like the herbal feeling of this fragrance.

Still a masterpiece in my eyes.
06th February, 2011

Five O'Clock Au Gingembre by Serge Lutens

I tried layering this with Opium today becouse I thought it would go well together. It does actualy. Although they do not blend in as one single fragrance. They just are separate fergrances that just go well together.

On it's own a nice fragrance aswell.
13th January, 2011

Allure Homme by Chanel

Had mixed feelings about this one before I gave it a try. Back then I thought "a Chanel's men's fragrance can't be too good". I was wrong. The only downside of this fragrance is the fact that it is pretty populair and I tend to look for fragrances that are a little more unknown. I have been thinking about buying this for months now but I think I'll end up buying it becouse I really like spicy and fruitty fragrances such as these.
23rd December, 2010