Reviews by spiceman_99

spiceman_99's avatar
    spiceman_99

Panama 1924 by Boellis

Boellis 1924 is a masculine scent which, while some may say is "barbershoppy".Perhaps "barbershoppy" is really a good thing as it defines masculinity as compared to the stampede of feminine "neo male" scents flooding the market in recent years.

05 October, 2014

Messe de Minuit by Etro

I generally leave reviews to the younger people, but having used the ORIGINAL Messe De Minuit I can assure you that the current formulation is about 1/10 the strength of the original and is an entirely different scent. The reason I am writing is the fact that I'm totally disgusted with the new formula. By the way, if you ask Etro what has changed, they reply "nothing". B.S. !!

23 June, 2014

Bois Oriental by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

I made the mistake of buying this based solely on the ingredients. I had a shopper get this for me in Paris and paid plenty. This is listed as "unisex" but it is 100% feminine and extremely cloying. I dumped it down the drain and swore never to buy blind again!

07 November, 2013

Secret Mélange by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier

This comes on very strongly of orange and cloves and remains that way for 10+hrs.I get nothing but compliments on this and suggest that those comments comparing this to a bathroom are the result of spending too much time in bathrooms.

28 September, 2012

Monocle Scent Two: Laurel by Comme des Garçons

This is a great scent and not at all overpriced for those of us who don't buy our frags at Walgreens Iv'v gotten a lot of favorable comment on this one!!

23 December, 2011

Bay Rum by Burt's Bees

this is absolutely the best bay rum ever produced. Too bad it has been discontinued, although I've been able to find plenty on ebay.
    I have had many,many compliments from women when I use this,so why should I care if men don't like it?

14 April, 2011

Armani Privé Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani

Although this is listed as unisex, in my opinion it is masculine.I get more favorable comments on this one than any other product I own and I own a LOT! Further, I believe most of the negative comments here have more to do with price than product.You can defeat the high price by looking on Ebay.I'm looking at one right now for less than $100 U.S. Each of us have to decide for ourselves what works best in our unique experiences.Triple thumbs up from me!

13 September, 2010

"Vintage" Tabaróme by Creed

vintage Tabarome is the epitomy of a MASCULINE product for MEN. It lasts very well and does'nt smell "pretty" as a very great number of modern products do.Two big thumbs up from the spiceman!!

23 March, 2007