Reviews by mizzpierre

Musc Ravageur by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

I really, really wanted to like this, but unfortunately Musc Ravageur was a miss for me. I have read and watched countless reviews on this fragrance, building the anticipation to when I could finally get my hands on a sample. Though the sample came broken and spilled, the dried up product on the envelope was all I needed to determine that this was not the scent for me. As I keep smelling it, all I get is an "old man smell." I really wanted my first niche fragrance to be out of this world. Maybe next time I guess.

29 November, 2010

L'Eau d'Hiver by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

I absolutely adore L'Eau d'Hiver. To me it smells heavily of crushed flower petals (don't know which) and something sweet like honey. It's a little light for me, but I would wear this any day. I will definitely be purchasing a bottle of my own.

29 November, 2010

The Original by Gap

I purchased this for an excellent price; a blind buy mind you. I adore Gap clothing, so I thought, why not? I've worn it once, and I like it. I smell leather in this, but it's not too strong, which makes it great for a unisex fragrance.

Angel Garden Of Stars - Violet Angel by Thierry Mugler

This was a blind buy for me. I didn't expect it to smell so "purple." It's nice, but I probably won't be wearing it anytime soon.

Chocolovers by Aquolina

I'm a fan of the Aquolina house and that includes Chocolovers, somewhat. I think it's ok. I don't get any chocolate at all. I smell orange, but no chocolate. I've enjoyed my sample, but I don't think I will be purchasing a bottle anytime soon.

Bulgari Black by Bulgari

I love, love, love this fragrance. The rubber note is super strong in the beginning; super strong. However, the more I smell it, the less it bothers me. The notes under the rubber are amazing. Black to me is more masculine than feminine, but that makes it more appealing to me. I would consider this a "get cozy with my honey" fragrance, because the masculine aspects makes me think him when he's not close by.

05 November, 2010

Pink Sugar by Aquolina

I really enjoy Pink Sugar. I'm a sweetaholic, so this is perfect for me. I teach high school music and my students tell me I smell awesome!

28 October, 2010 (Last Edited: 17 November, 2010)

DKNY Delicious Night by Donna Karan

I am totally enjoying Delicious Night. The opening notes are floral and sweet on my skin. The middle notes I'm not too fond of because they tend to be a bit sharp with my body chemistry. However once the sharpness has subsided a sweetness emerges that I just love. I'd give it a 6 out of 10.

Jade by Banana Republic

I love this musky fragrance. It's also very woodsy to me, and I enjoy that as well. The only issue I have with Jade is the longevity. After 2-3 hours, it's gone. If you're not looking for anything long lasting, try it.

Kenzo Amour by Kenzo

This was a blind buy for me. I'm a huge fan of Flower by Kenzo, so I figured this would be great as well; and I was right. I just adore the exotic vanilla notes in this. I own the 50ml EDT and I so wished I had opted for the EDP instead. The EDT on my skin vanishes after a couple hours and I'm constantly reapplying. Next time I'd definitely go for the EDP.

FlowerbyKenzo by Kenzo

This has to be one of my favorites. It's sweet, but a sort of dark sweet. The scent reminds me of "happy." This fragrance makes me feel like a women and always has others walk by slowly to really take in the sexy sweetness. I went through a 3.4oz bottle in one year. Just awesome!