Reviews by KillerScent

Bel Ami by Hermès

Another disappointment .
    WHERE IS THE LEATHER? where? Luca Turin puts this fragrance in the list of the best leathers .That means that the main and dominant note of these fragrances must be leather.
    But all I get from this fragrance is the typical OLD SCHOOL smell, suitable for your grandfather .
    Apart from this , Bel Ami is hard to find in stores and it's very expensive; poor longevity and projection .
    BEL AMI is an incredible novel written by Guy de Maupassant, about a character, George Duroy, who has a great sex appeal with women and who gets what he wants in life .I thought that the fragrance would have the same "strenght" as George , but it has nothing to do.
    I am basing my review on the latest reformulation, I hope the old one is much better than this .

29 June, 2011

Dune pour Homme by Christian Dior

Another fragrance in the line of Cool Water. (also similar to egoiste platinum)
    This is a fresh floral fougere, good by the time it was released but nowadays you can find better things, and, of course, a lot of cheap imitations, deodorants, shower gels ...

"Old" fragrance lovers sure will love this stuff and will say this is a masterpiece .This is for all them .

26 May, 2011

Bang by Marc Jacobs

This fragrance is INCREDIBLE!!
    I don't understand why this has so many negative reviews. It seems that at present there is a tendency to adore, praise and worship all the "classic" fragrances, specially those from the 70's and 80's; many of them are really good but many others are awful and out of date, and people seem to love these ones just because they have been sold for some decades. These "classic" lovers also use to hate and despise new fragrances as if these ones were a disgrace.

Well, this is one of the best fragrances I've smelled in my life, one of the kind of fragrances I'm always looking for, it's worth the money.
    The bottle is strange and ugly, but what it contains inside is marvelous .

I would rank this fragrance as ORIENTAL, warm, spicy, intense... It reminds me of what you can smell in a street spices market in Morocco or in a medieval fair .
    It is very sexy and strong, the pepper notes are really intense and tingles your nose.
    Longevity and projection are really good.

Many "classic" fragrances have disappointed me .Bang is a new masterpiece, no matter it is way recent .

14 May, 2011

Burberry London for Men by Burberry

Nice smell , but I think there is too much hype with this fragrance.
    As other reviewers say, this has a synthetic touch that annoys specially at the top and middle notes .
    When it dries down is when this fragrance shows its good qualities.
    The notes I feel the most are tobacco leaf, wine and pepper .
    Longevity is better than average but projection is nearly absent, no one around you notes when you are wearing it.
    Nice bottle covered in tweed. Not too expensive

Let's be neutral.

14 May, 2011

Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche

One of the worst things that you can experience with a fragrance is smelling its scent in a cheap fragrance or a shower gel .
    Drakkar Noir reminds me of an AXE shower gel I used to use.
    Not a bad fragrance, but it is not special or remarkable. I don't see the dark point in this fragrance.
    I have not tried the old formulation (supposedly better, as it uses to be with the majority of the 70's and 80's fragrances that have been reformulated), but this scent does not impresses me .
    Longevity is great and projection nearly average .
    I don't understand why Luca Turin says this stuff was popular among lesbians. Does anyone know it?

29 April, 2011

Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene

I bought this fragrance based on the good reviews and the cheap price .Now I understand why this is cheap .
    I think this stuff was good by the time it was released, but nowadays there are better things and a lot of cheap fragrances with the same scent.
    The overall scent I get from this is SOAP. I smell lavender instead of violet .I expected something stronger. Maybe a bit of leather may improve it (I adore leather, the most manly note).
    Luca Turin, 5/5??? wrong, wrong .I don't trust you anymore.
    Sexy? NOT . A masterpiece? NOT . I repeat , this was good in the 70's , not nowadays.
    I won't use it anymore .

29 April, 2011

Bulgari Black by Bulgari

I just bought this yesterday (hard to find, by the way).
    I can feel the rubber note more at the beginning, but it does not last much, when it dries down you get a smooth scent, mostly based around a vanilla note.
    This fragrance is very soft to my nose, I expected something stronger .In fact it would be a greater fragrance if it had more power .This fragrance reminds me a softer version of Fahrenheit (but much much soft)
    Longevity is nearly average, not great thing .
    At Bulgari's website you can see this is a MEN's fragrance, but this can be perfectly unisex.

Above all, this is a great fragrance, that could be improved adding more power and strength.

UPDATED: April, 13, 2011
    After having used it for some days, I've changed my mind .
    Projection is nearly absent, nobody notices when you wear it, even my nose doesn't notice. As other reviewers say , after 30 minutes it loses all its strenght and after 3 hours you smell nothing.
    In politics and life, when you try to please two opposite groups everybody gets unsatisfied. The same happens with Black. It is not too strong (soft leather, vanilla) to please women and not too weak to satisfy men .But it goes nowhere.
    Another thing I dislike is the transparent package, letting the bottle being affected by light.
    I would give this fragrance a thumbs down, but the scent (very soft) is still great.Let's be neutral.
    I want my money back!!
    -Scent : 8
    -Longevity: 5
    -Projection: 3

TERRE D'HERMES KEEPS THE CROWN

09 April, 2011 (Last Edited: 13 April, 2011)

Antaeus by Chanel

Horrible and rancid fragrance , one of those with scent of OLD .This fragrance is very similar to other OLD fragrances like Acqua di Parma, Egoiste by Chanel, Opium and M7 by YSL, Eau Sauvage by Dior...
    If you want to smell like a grandfhater this is your fragrance. Sexy??? definitely not .

Thumbs down , I'll wear it when I am 70.

09 February, 2011 (Last Edited: 10th February, 2011)

Kenzo pour Homme by Kenzo

I've tried this today and I have to say that I don't find this fragrance good or bad , it has not left a great impression on me.
    To my nose its overall scent is like an old pharmacy or pharmacy products. A bit synthetic, floral, woody ...(all that has been said before) but it has a rancid/old touch.
    I'll have to try this other day to contrast.

27 January, 2011

Égoïste / L'Égoïste by Chanel

If you want to smell like a 60 year old woman this is your scent . I have noticed a similar scent from many older women.
    Disgusting fragrance, I don't find it any manly, the rose note is overdosing and it is what turns this fragrance into a woman smell.

22 January, 2011

Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

One of the best fragrances for men , if not the best .
    This fragrance is neither too "old" nor too "young". It's an elegant, formal and sexy at the same, and as I`ve said, you don't smell like a 70 year old nor like a teenager.
    It's one of the few fragrances that trully represent its name, it smells like clay or mud, with a bittersweet note of orange, you feel like in a rainy day in a forest.
    I have the EDT version, it's really good with a good projection and a regular-good longevity. I guess the EDP version is better, stronger and last longer, as I have read, so I would recommend anyone who wants to get this fragrance to buy the EDP.

I have received many compliments wearing this, a new modern classic, a must have, different from many others.

This will still be one of the best for many decades.
    -SCENT: 10
    -LONGEVITY:9
    -PROJECTION: 9

UPDATED: 13 April 2011.
    I have tried the EDP-Parfum version and I have to say it has less notes than the EDT version .The orange-grapefruit note is more present and it last more hours, but it feels weaker.The EDT is more complete and less expensive.

After having tried many different fragrances I come to this conclusion : THIS IS THE BEST FRAGRANCE IN THE WORLD

18 January, 2011 (Last Edited: 13 April, 2011)

La Nuit de L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

Is this a fragrance for men? really?
    I find this fragrance too feminine, this could be worn by any woman. Too much floral and sweet .
    I expected something better, I don't know why many YSL men fragrances smell feminine.

18 January, 2011

Fahrenheit by Christian Dior

What can I say that has not been said before?
    I like weird fragrances and this is it. It has an overall scent of leather or petroleum, which gives it a hot oriental touch.
    It has a very great longevity and sillage , one of the longevity kings.
    If you want to smell different this is your fragrance.

Updated Feb/10 : I've bought a 50ml bottle and I have to say that this fragrance remids me of the 80's and 90's. I smells more like motor oil than to leather, but only just when you spread it, when it dries down the scent truns more wearable and pleasant.
    I think this is a fragrance for WINTER or COLD WEATHER, I would not recommend it for summer , it could be too sticky and sick .
    It last , and it last, and it last.... incredible longevity.
    If I had to define this smell with images it would be like the Absolute advertisment, a volcano squirting lava, or like hell. Yes, this could be pefectly the scent of a demon or dark creature XD (use your mind).
    If I had to define it with colours it would be dark red, orange and black.

IMMORTAL FRAGRANCE.

27 December, 2010 (Last Edited: 10th February, 2011)

Fahrenheit Absolute by Christian Dior

This is a softer version of the original Fahrenheit, with a fresh opening and a smooth dry down .
    The leather/petroleum note is not as strong as in the original, which makes it more pleasant to wear.
    Overall it's a good fragrance , very oriental and hot, more suitable for winter, not very sexy, but different from many others, like its older version.

27 December, 2010

Dior Homme Intense by Christian Dior

This fragrance is very formal, not very sexy but elegant, classy .
    Before trying it, I thought it would smell closer to feminine scents just because of the vanilla and ambar notes, but I was surprised.The overall scent remains manly from the beginning to the dry down.
    It's not a fresh fragrance, I find it very dry and crispy, and maybe a bit dark.The vanilla accord is pleasant and not overdosing, very well crafted. I would not say it's a gourmand.
    Longevity and sillage is not very impressive to be an eau de parfum , I expected something better.
    Anyway, this is a good fragrance , a new modern classic. Thumbs up!!!

27 December, 2010

Hot Play by Lacoste

I bought this blind on ebay (you can't find it in stores) , thinking it would be an improved version of Style in Play, a fragrance I'm in love with.
    I was a bit disappointed as it has nothing to do with SIP, it is a more floral and feminine scent , crisp and for a younger growd.
    Not really bad but it's closer to women's fragrances .Good longevity and projection .

XS pour Homme by Paco Rabanne

Boring , this smells like a cheap bathroom cologne , like soap .You can find this scent on many deodorants and 1 liter colognes.
    Weak , inoffensive, not classy ...The Black XS edition is much better.

L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake

wow wow wow!!! Incredible fragrance .What else can I say that it's not been said before.
    It's a very fresh and strong scent with an incredible touch of woody notes .Impressive, distinctive, oriental, there are no more fragrances like this.
    I has a very good longevity and projection , it belongs to that group of fragrances with the best longevity and sillage , like Le Male and A* Men .
    If you like fresh manly scents this could perfectly a blind buy .A classic.

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

All I can say about this fragrance has been already said .You love it or hate it.
    If you want to smell like a candy (chocolate, vanilla, caramel) this is your fragrance .
    The only damn good thind in this fragrance is its incredible longevity and sillage .Simply impressive, sticky .Only with a small minimal drops you can stink for many hours .Even if you wash your skin the scent barely disppears.

It's a pity that many fragrances with incredible scents are unoffensive and don't have good longevity and sillage .They should imitate this.

Aqua pour Homme Marine by Bulgari

This is the BEST ACQUATIC fragrance I've ever tried .
    It's intense and manly, it tingles your nose, you get a really fresh scent ; and when it dries down you get a lovely floral and spicy scent, with a slight touch of wood .
    It has a medium projection but great longevity.
    In my opinion it's better, more complete and oceanic than the normal Aqua version.
    This fragrance should be more popular.

-Scent: 9
    -Longevity: 8
    -Proyection: 7

03 November, 2010 (Last Edited: 13 April, 2011)

Cool Water by Davidoff

In my opinion this cologne is overrated .
    This is supposed to be a fresh acquatic scent, but to my nose it's a dry floral scent, very very dry .
    If you want a good acquatic try Bulgari's Acqua Marine or Armani's Acqua di Gio.
    The only good thing on this cologne is that it's cheaper than many others.

03 November, 2010

Allure Homme Edition Blanche by Chanel

Good but not great .
    This fragrance belongs to that group of scents that are neither unpleasant nor impressive .
    As other reviewers say , it's overall scent is a blend of citric (mostly lemon) and creamy notes .When the citric dries down you get a soft woody and floral smell. It reminds me a bit of Le Male .
    It has a good longevity being a EDT.
    I personally prefer the sport edition.

Style In Play by Lacoste

This is the SEXIEST fragrance I've ever tried .I've received sooo many compliments from women wearing this on my skin .It's the perfect fragrance to date a woman (even better if you are going to sleep with her) (they love its flavour).
    It smells very citric and spicy at the first notes, then it dries down to a sweet but powerful woody with musk smell .Its overall scent reminds me of acid candies .
    It has good projection and longevity (about 6 or 8 hours), although if it lasted more it would be much better .
    The age range for this fragrance wold be from 20 to 40. You can use it on any season, but in summer it gains more strenght and it's more noticeable.
    Another reason to have a try is that it's not as expensive as many other fragrances .
    It's better for informal ocassions, not being propper to work, business and other formal moments as it's too sexy.

Le Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier

This is one of those fragrances to be fully loved or hated .In my case I don't like it because it has a very feminine scent (in fact I know many woman that wear it), with an overall floral tone blended with a mint note .
    The good point of this fragrance, and what other perfumers should imitate, is its great longevity and sillage, incredible for an eau de toilette .It can be clearly noticed at a great distance from you , and when other people wear this they leave a trail that can be clearly identified .Longevity is also very good , it last almost all day even if you spray it in the morning .
    Many times I've been tempted to buy it because of its great longevity and sillage, but I've never bought it as I don´t like its feminine scent, so I give it a thumbs down.

Solo Loewe by Loewe

I still haven't found the best fragrance in the world, but Solo is the closest one to deserve that range, alongside Terre d'Hermes.
    Totally remarkable and distinguished .This is a modern classic, it's manly and smooth at the same time, it's classy and sexy , I have received a lot of compliments from women.
    It has soft citric notes perfectly blended with pepper, floral notes and maybe a sweet woody note that remains for hours .If you spray on your clothes it can last several days .Excellent sillage and longevity .
    It's not an aquatic fragrance , so it has nothing to do with GIT and Cool Water , it's much better .I respect other reviews and opinions but Diesel Fuel ForLife is crappy compared to Solo, it's like comparing a cheap wine to a Dom Perignon .
    An EDP of this fragrance would be even better, I hope Loewe launches it .

I agree with other reviewers in the similarities between Solo and Terre d'Hermes, which is a good thing as, at present, Terre is the best fragrance in the world .

This fragrance should be among the best ones .It's worth the money.

-SCENT: 9.5
    -LONGEVITY: 8
    -PROJECTION: 8

31st October, 2010 (Last Edited: 13 April, 2011)