Reviews by rainmaker

Voyage by Nautica

The opening is wonderful, it's like a slightly salty breeze from the sea. It quickly turns into a slightly sweet and fruity aroma, but it's not cloying like Chrome for instance. This is a well behaved fragrance.

The dry down is the biggest let down here. It literally smells like you just washed off your neck with soap. So, certainly not offensive, but nothing special either.

Al in all, I think this is a nice scent especially considering the low cost. It's quite similar to Versace Pour Homme, except less sweet and less woody in drydown. Give it a try!
18th May, 2011

Bulgari Man by Bulgari

Thumbs way up for this one.

It is very subtle, very modern. Perfect for all weathers and all occasions. I think it replaced L'Homme in my mind as the perfect signature fragrance.

As for the smell, I really get something that resembles both Gucci PH2 and Terre d'Hermes. Something in the middle of those 2, and lighter and more subtle.
22nd February, 2011

Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

I also found this synthetic and cheap smelling. I don't understand why anyone would go with this instead of AdG, Versace PH or Dior Homme Sport.
16th February, 2011

Infusion d'Homme by Prada

This is nice, although on my skin it never turns powdery, but keeps carrying the neroli and vetiver pretty strongly. THis was a blind buy for me, and it was different than what I expected, much more dry and masculine. But so far, I like it.
26th January, 2011

Hugo by Hugo Boss

Used to own this, and girls went crazy for it.
The opening is delightful, and stays very nicely on the skin for a couple of hours. However, a non-descript dry down follows that great beginning, which is a shame. Otherwise it would be a perfect scent.

Edit: Just bought another cheap bottle of this. Despite all its shortcomings, I really think it's great stuff and it is a great value. Another plus is that it's not that popular any more, so it is actually a really unique smell and it certainly gets ladies' attention.
12th December, 2010 (last edited: 04th January, 2011)

Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa by Acqua di Parma

fantastic smell, but with this longevity I wouldn't pay that ridiculous price.

Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford

I find Guerlain's Vetiver to be vile and unwearable, bug-spray like. However, this one is almost a perfect smell to use in the office, very subtle and sophisticated.

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake

One of those smells that smelled great on paper, but turned into a disgusting mess on my skin, just like Channel Bleu did. Unfortunate...

Le Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier

I used to own this. I think it is beautiful and girls love it. However, I feel like it's not a very masculine smell, and it is so overplayed that I don't want to smell like everyone else.

Bleu de Chanel by Chanel

I really wanted to like this one. Smelled incredible to me on paper. I thought this would be my new signature scent. Then I tried it on my skin and it smelled disgusting for some reason. I don't understand why but that happens with some smells (like Mugler Cologne as well).

Pasha by Cartier

very sophisticated!
The mint note soothes down the spicy accord, which makes is wearable during the day as well. I like it!

Brit for Men by Burberry

This is such a pleasant smell, but I wish it held up better and more complex in the drydown. Incredible top notes though.

Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren

For me, this is the perfect scent for summer. I think the cucumber makes it for me. It becomes a very pleasant fresh scent without smelling like a bathroom product or axe deodorant.

Chrome by Azzaro

I don't get a metallic note from this, just a ctrusy aquatic.
I'm not the biggest fan, smells like a cheap bathroom product to my nose, but I got so many compliments for this from women that I keep wearing it.

Azzaro pour Homme by Azzaro

Got this blindly from marshall's, it was just 15 bucks.
I'm very impressed, little bit too strong to wear often, but very masculine and my gf loves it!

Black by Bulgari

Beautiful and interesting smell. I just don't see myself wearing this everyday.

L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

Great signature scent. Very inoffensive, can wear it day and night, winter and summer. Great value overall and not as overplayed as Acqua di Gio.

Mugler Cologne by Thierry Mugler

This smells horrible on my skin. I can't believe it's considered as a clean and inoffensive smell. My girlfriend didn't come near me for a day after I sprayed this on.