Reviews

Reviews by benb

Armani Attitude by Giorgio Armani

I think that some of reviewers are a little bit unfare to this one. To me this smells quite lovely. Even though it isnt the most masculine scent I have smelled so far. And not very strong. This could most certainly use an extreme version if you ask me.

Trussardi Inside Man by Trussardi

I must strongly disagree with MMM. On me this cologne had a wonderful smell. Especially in the drydown. A weaker version of Antaeus if you ask me. The topnotes might not be that impressive. But as I said on my skin the drydown definetely made up for that little error. Scents with tobacco and coffe has always suited my chemistry. So its no wonder this one suits me. I might buy a bottle of it later this year. Right now I feel the weather is to hot for it. This one is almost as good as Trussardi Uomo who so far has been one of my favourites. Thumbs up from me.

Fou d'Absinthe by L'Artisan Parfumeur

I had high hopes on this one. But this one had some strange development on my skin. I am not sure if this one suits me. I think the alcohol top note took over some how. It didnt really impress me that much. But I am not sure if that has to do with my skinchemistry or something else. I have to get back on this one. For now I give it a neutral.

Boss Bottled by Hugo Boss

This one is a very good scent. It manage to be both fresh and sweet at the same time. Just like Voleur de Roses - though VDR wins me over any time. Perfect for office and casual use. The only thing I really have a problem with is the popularity. To many people use it. Therfore I rather spend my hardearned cash on VDR instead. Thumbs up though.
10th May, 2007

Cool Water by Davidoff

Generic, syntetic, blää.
27th April, 2007

Kipling by Weil

I used this one many years ago and I remember liking it. Since I havent tried it for a long time I am not sure of how it smelled - but I definitely know I liked it. It was a woody-oriental scent and I have a vague memory that it reminded me of Jazz for some odd reason. Please correct me if I am wrong.
19th April, 2007

Lagerfeld Classic by Lagerfeld

This one is in my opinion a little bit reminicing of Eau d'Hermes. This one is slightly stronger though. Powdery and very manly and with something sweet in it. If I wasnt such a snob I would by it more often. But it doesnt feel fun to do so since everybody is using it. So I use Eau d'Hermes instead.
12th April, 2007

Gucci Pour Homme II by Gucci

This one has a very fresh and interesting scent. I have a slight difficulty sorting out the different ingredients. I have never been very good at that anyway. But I think this one has good top and heartnotes and then it becomes a little week at the end. It could be that I had allready tried several others that day and my nose could not register more. This is a elegant and fresh scent. I might try this one later. For now I give it a thumbs up.

Fleur du Male by Jean Paul Gaultier

Tried this one a few days ago. It was very Gaultier. A very well structured scent that for some reason reminds me of Joop at the end. Just more tasteful. Must be the orangeblossom. I think both of them has that ingredients. Good sillage and strengt. I might take it up later. Thumbs up.

Number 3 / Le 3me Homme / The Third Man by Caron

I must admit that I have never tried or owned this one. But if it is as good and interesting as the film - which I saw a few days ago. It must be a masterpiece. I appologice for doing this but I would like to add to my review of Georges Sand. And for some reason I cant do a second review of it. I would just like to say that I think that scent would suit Dr Hannibal Lector to a perfection. It is just up his alley. That scent is supposed to be for a provocateur. I guess you could describe him like that.

Vetiver by Guerlain

I have just bought this one. It is a very naturell smelling scent. The bottle is one of the most beautiful ones that I have seen. I really appriciate this one. Especially the wonderful tobacco drydown. As always I do think it could be a little stronger. I recommend it anyway. It is a good scent.
02nd April, 2007

Antidote by Viktor & Rolf

Classic and elegant. Not very original but good nontheless. Considering all the ingredients in this one it should have better strengt. Maybe its my skinchemistry who is the problem. If you want a alternative to allure, pour une homme and the likes of them use this one. And dont be afraid of overspraying. It is needed. Neutral due to the lack of strength.
12th March, 2007

Mugler Cologne by Thierry Mugler

Fresh and with a certain oomph. But it could definetly use a extreme version. It is a tad bit week if you ask me. Very good though and well made. Reminds me of some other scent which I can't place at the moment. Thumbs up anyway with a reservation due to the lack of strength.
12th March, 2007

George Sand by Les Parfums Historiques

I once smelled this one on a paper strip I believe. I can't distinctly remember what it smelled like, but I have a vague memory of it resembling Baldessarini Concentree. And that one is one of my absolute favourites. If possible I would like to revisit this one again someday. It was quite unisex with lots of woods in it. For now I am going to give it a thumbs up.
02nd March, 2007

Numero Uno by Carthusia

I tried this a few days ago. It was an interesting scent. Not the best I have ever smelled - but it was interesting enough to try again and maybe buy later on. I recommend you try it. Thumbs up for now.

Carthusia Uomo by Carthusia

As I can remember I had a slight problem with the somewhat aquatic note in this one. I liked the raspberry note which I think was in the topnote. Overall. This is a well made scent. But since I as I said have a problem with the aquatic note in the drydown I give this one a neutral rating.

Eau des Merveilles by Hermès

I tried this one a while ago and it was a very masculine unisex. No man needs to feel awkward about using this one. I most definetly thinking about buying it in the future. Unfortunately you cant get hold of The Elixir or the perfume in Sweden. If you could. That would be my preferred choise. Recommended if you can afford it.

Cumming by Alan Cumming

I tried this one a few days ago along with some others. This one was really interesting. A very different and very masculine scent. I might take this one up later and try it as an experiment. It is both smokey and has an aroma of dirt. I dont know if it is very wearable. That is the only downside to it. But since it is very different I will give it a thumbs up anyway.
26th February, 2007

Dzing! by L'Artisan Parfumeur

I tried this one a few days ago. At first I wasnt that impressed but a few hours later when I was on my way home I felt a lovely scent surrounding me. I first wondered what it was since I had tried several scents that day but then I remembered I had sprayed some Dzing on that hand. It is a very different, alluring and somewhat ambigous scent. Can definitely recommend it. It is one of the best in its genre. Thumbs up.

26th February, 2007

Jules by Christian Dior

I havent tried this one in years. But as I recall I have a little bit of a mixed emotions on this one. It is in my opinion not in any way a bad scent. But it was in some way a little bit mellow and not as strong as it could have been. A tad bit to herbal for me. For now I give it a neutral.
19th February, 2007

Dune pour Homme by Christian Dior

This is one of those scents I wouldnt mind making myself reaquainted with. It was never my favourite. But there was something in the drydown. Probably the tonka that I really appreciated. It is not a masterpiece, but it definetly deserves a thumbs up and I definetly recommend that you try it.
19th February, 2007

Baldessarini Ambré by Baldessarini

When they put a concentrée version of this one on the market I would by it for sure. It is a very good scent with a very nice whisky twist in the base that I love. But it is to week. Because of that weakness I give it a neutral for now.
14th February, 2007

Bulgari pour Homme Extreme by Bulgari

This one and Bulgari Black is the two perfumes from Bulgari that I like the best. This is an excellent daytime office scent. Especially if you are not the daring type or if you just like classic fresh scents that doesnt owerpower to much. Are seriously thinking of making Bulgari Black my nr 1 scent for special occassions. Anyway thumbs up for pour Homme Extreme.
14th February, 2007

Luciano by Luciano Pavarotti

I think this is the one I should be rewieving. This is a good cologne if you are not afraid of strong scents. It has great sillage and last a long time. Best for winter. Dont overspray. I have been around people who has oversprayed this one and it was not fun. Try it anyway. It is not a masterpiece but quite allright if you want to get noticed. Thumbs up.
13th February, 2007

Rocabar by Hermès

Rocabar is a lovely oriental. I have only tried it on my hand a long time ago. In those days I felt it was a little strong. Maybe I test it a litte later on. But Hermes have easily become my nr1 favourite perfumehouse. I have now decided to jump between Terre d'Hermes and Eau d'Hermes. Terre as my everyday scent and Eau d'Hermes for special occassions. They are really masterpieces both of them. Real gems. And that is coming from a perfectionist who has been looking for the perfect scent for years. Equipage and Bel Ami are really good and wellmade scents but doesnt stand a chanse against Terre d'Hermes and Eau d'Hermes. Both of them screams elegant simplicity with an extra twist that as I said makes them into masterpieces. But since I was to review Rocabar I can only add that it is a lovely scent who deserves a thumbs up.
06th February, 2007

Opium by Yves Saint Laurent

This is the female scent I most enjoy feeling on a woman. It is extremly sensual, luxurious and enjoyable. It really gives the impression that it is a dangerous and mysterious, interesting woman who is wearing it. For me it is too feminine for a man to wear. None the less. Ten thumbs up.

Poison by Christian Dior

I tried this the other day and the topnotes were quite allright as well as the middlenotes but the drydown took some feminine turn at the end. But then again. It is a female scent. So far I am neutral on this one.

Miss Dior Originale (previously Miss Dior) by Christian Dior

This is one of the very few female scents I would have no problem wearing myself without feeling the least feminine. I was at a store the other day and tried it on my hand. Its topnotes were quite masculine and the more feminine middlenotes mellted very quickly together with the very masculine base on my skin. Thumbs up.

No. 5 by Chanel

I know this is a classic and it is probably because it is a female scent but this one doesnt mix well with my
skinchemistry. Sorry. Thumbs down.

Eau d'Hermès by Hermès

Heureka! I have after many years of looking found my holy grail scent that I will make my Signature Scent. It is both complex and simple at the same time. I love the bottle and the name. Naturally I think it is a lovely scent. Both Intense and discreet, complex and simple at the same time. It also last long on me. I really dont know what would be wrong with this one. It is relatively easy to get hold of if you know where to look for it - but definetely not something that everyone else is wearing. The cummin is well done. It doesnt disturbe me at all and it gives it charachter. It also prevents the scent from becoming to conservative. At the same time noone can call it a Hippy Liberal kind of scent either. You can wear it at all occasions. Both at work and at home and at partys. If I dont find anything I like better - this might be my last review. But then you never know do you. I might review other scents just for the fun of it. But I want the world to know it is this scent who is my nr 1. Ten thumbs up.
31st January, 2007