Reviews by Missy

Missy's avatar
    Missy

Vaniglia del Madagascar by Farmacia SS. Annunziata

I enjoy this perfume so much so that I purchased a bottle after wearing the samples I bought for a week. It is a lovely vanilla with a burst of lemon. It is more masculine and refreshing than Tihota which is another huge favorite of mine. Tihota is more sweet and comforting and Vaniglia del Madagascar is more unisex and fresh.

10th January, 2011

Vanille by Molinard

Love this! I bought it blind based on the reviews here and I am so glad I did.
    The only drawback is it has low sillage and lasting power on me but I can just reapply as it is very very reasonably priced. Thank you for recommending this basenotes. Pure heaven for the vanilla lover that I am.

10th December, 2010

Vanille Gourmande by Laura Mercier

I enjoy this scent. I am a vanilla lover and Vanilla Gourmand delivers just that. I agree with Mimi that it is darkly delicious with a smoky edge. However, I disagree with her regarding this vs. the LaVanila line. The LaVanila Vanilla is much less sophisticated and more brash than the Laura Mercier Vanilla Gourmand. At least to my nose. Funny how different people's perceptions of the same scent can be. But we both agree on Tihota which is pure vanilla perfection! However, for a less expensive and less sweet alternative Vanilla Gourmand fits the bill.

Un Bois Vanille by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

Love this. It is a warm gourmand scent that envelops you and hugs you tight. It makes me happy to smell this. Not too sweet with the perfect mix of vanilla and smoke. With some coconut thrown in for good measure. In a word it is delicious.

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford

I was looking forward to trying this and had high hopes. Instead I smell like my grandfather used to smell when he was alive, rest his soul. He was a pipe smoker for over 70 years and that is exactly how I smell while wearing this fragrance. The tobacco smell dominates all the other notes and for the whole day- at least for me it does.

I much prefer Guerlain's SDV to Tobacco Vanille. Of course, perfume is such a personal affair and what one individual loves another might hate so while my experience with this Tom Ford fragrance is less than positive another's might be amazing.

Tihota by Indult

I love this perfume. It is a smooth and beautiful vanilla with a touch of musk. It envelops you like a warm hug and is softly present. I cannot imagine this scent offending anyone and it makes me happy wearing it. Delicious, delicate, smooth, and soft and oh so pretty. A must for any lover of vanilla IMO.

04 December, 2010