Reviews by yoyo

Présence by Montblanc

Opens with sweet, spicy ginger note, reminds me of YSL homme. Dry down is musky and slightly woody. A pretty generic fragrance.
24th January, 2012

Gucci Pour Homme II by Gucci

Opens with sweet violet. After a while the violet disappears and leaves a sweet herbal scent. Opening reminds me of Platinum Egoiste, probably because of the violet. The drydown smells like Eau des Baux with less smoke and more herb. Overall an inoffensive scent for colder days. May become cloying in the summer but I never tried. Longevity is good, lasts around 6h on skin and more than 8h on clothe. Projection is moderate. For those who likes the drydown I strongly recommend Eau des Baux.
11th January, 2012

Paco Rabanne Pour Homme by Paco Rabanne

This thing is potent, I had to scrub it off twice with rubbing alcohol. Smells like public washroom air freshener. Definitely not a good association there.
07th November, 2011

Zen for Men by Shiseido

Synthetic fruit juice like thousands other drugstore scents. Pass.
23rd July, 2011

1 Million by Paco Rabanne

Opens with a very fruity scent, then after few minutes mint starts to come out. Then it turns to the washroom cleaner scent similar to PR pour homme. Opening is distinctive enough, but the basenote is off putting. Next please.
23rd July, 2011

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana

Green, floral. Upon application I got a blast of marijuana smell. Then it dies down to a slightly sweet, green and floral scent. Not offensive at all. Perfect for daily wear as long as you apply at home.

The One for Men by Dolce & Gabbana

VERY feminine scent. smells like a girl's makeup bag.

Vintage by John Varvatos

very spicy, reminds me of some spice used in some Chinese dishes. Also the smell of tobacco is very noticeable. Not a very special scent.

Artisan by John Varvatos

Orange, floral, fresh, synthetic. Scent is weak and you have to get really close to smell it. Guess it's ok for the summer.

Armani Attitude by Giorgio Armani

Soapy, spicy, sweet, with a hint of incense. Smells like a sweet version of Azzaro Visit.
15th July, 2011 (last edited: 23rd July, 2011)

Armani Code / Black Code by Giorgio Armani

Indescribably ordinary. It smells like the scent of hundreds other guys. If you want to stand out don't buy this. However it doesn't smell bad and you probably won't offend anyone.

Armani Eau Pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

opens very citrusy, like the classic eau de cologne. It definitely has jasmine in it which reminds me of eau sauvage.

Homme Nature by Yves Rocher

Smells like thousands other aquatic fragrances. Reminds me of azzaro chrome which I hate.

Essential by Lacoste

ripoff of chrome, which smells terrible already
04th May, 2011

Allure Homme by Chanel

Smells like high-end drug store scent. Very typical male cologne smell. You'll probably like it if you plan to own only one fragrance. YSL La nuit de l'homme is very similar to it.
27th April, 2011 (last edited: 28th April, 2011)

Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

Worst in the whole Allure line. I only smell burnt rubber, kind of like the new Gucci Guilty pour homme that I hate very much. Then again probably Gucci just copied Allure Sport.

L'Occitan by L'Occitane

Smells very high quality and natural. Longevity is superb. In the dry down I get salty-sweet herbal scents, almost like detergent. Not unpleasant but not extraordinary.

Tam Dao by Diptyque

Top note is very incensy. Then dries down to a sweet incense which reminds me of Azzaro Visit. However this is more refined and doesn't have the medicine smell to it. If I didn't already own Visit, I would definitely buy this.

Passage d'Enfer by L'Artisan Parfumeur

First when I spray this I got NOTHING, then after 20min or so I got incensy citrus notes. Pretty inoffensive and fresh, but it only lasts about 2 hours. If it lasts longer and has more projection its definitely a buy for me.

Live Jazz by Yves Saint Laurent

Cool water + grapefruit and mint. Perfectly balanced. Too bad that everyone wear this.

Chrome by Azzaro

Very boring scent. If you are hoping to have lemon type of citrus smell you won't get it. You'll only have a sharp, nose burning citrus opening note, then it fades into an aquatic scent like million others on the market. I rather not wear anything than this.

Blu pour Homme by Bulgari

Smells like salt and more salt. I just want to gag first time I tried this. There are very few things on earth that smell as disgusting as Blu.

Exceptional Because You Are for Men by Exceptional

Boring, generic. Ripoff of cool water, but done badly. If you think you are exceptional, don't buy this.

Gucci pour Homme by Gucci

opens with a note which reminds me of a fine charcoal grilled steak au poivre. Then it transforms into a very woody (pencil shaving) and rosin smell. Pleasant, but not wearable for everyone and every occasion. Personally I love it for a cold fall evening.

Eau des Baux by L'Occitane

Tried this one at local L'Occitane counter. All I can detect is vanilla and more vanilla. Where is the incense? If you like sweet scent then by all mean get this since the longevity is absolutely amazing. Even after 2 washes I could still smell the vanilla on my shirt...And projection is also monstrous.

UPDATE: I tried this again at another location and it's much less sweet than the first time. Very good incense/woody notes. Made the purchase right away since I was looking for an incense scent.
02nd April, 2011 (last edited: 08th August, 2011)

Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

This fragrance is very hard to describe. I tried both EDT and EDP. EDT is more sharp and fresh. EDP is very earthy, you almost can feel the vapor raising from the hot earth after a summer rain. The dry-down is clean-woody type. I love both version, however sometime it's hard to detect the EDT and I believe this is caused by olfactory fatigue from all the iso e super.
02nd April, 2011

Allure Homme Edition Blanche by Chanel

Starts very lemony and peppery. The dry-down has lots of vetiver in it. Definitely a warm weather scent. I could detect some similarities in the dry-down between EDB and Original Vetiver of Creed. One of the best citrus that I've ever tried. A 100ml bottle is coming my way!
02nd April, 2011

Platinum Égoïste by Chanel

At first it smells very similar to cool water. Then few hours later it dries down to a beautiful floral/fresh/sweet smell. The vintage version's middle smells a little like band-aid. The ld version also opens bit sour. However, I recently bought a newer version, which opens fresh and floral, and has middle smells herbal, floral instead of band-aid. The dry-down bears a bit of similarity to Gillette shaving cream in the newer version.
26th March, 2011 (last edited: 10th July, 2012)

Adidas Moves by Adidas

reminds me of platinum egoiste, but less refined and with less longevity of course.
26th March, 2011

Guerlain Homme by Guerlain

Opens up with Concentre d'Orange Verte, dries down to Azzaro chrome. If you like both go for it. But for me, next please.
26th March, 2011