Reviews by Parallel Bisector

Parallel Bisector's avatar
    Parallel Bisector

OS Signature by Old Spice by Procter & Gamble

This is the perfect Class/Work frag for anyone 16-25ish. When I used to wear this I would get stopped all the time by men and women asking what I was wearing, sooo many compliments. It has a very mainstream scent and is very linear but just about everyone I've asked about it loves it. Longevity really is terrible though (2hrs tops for me), so always keep the bottle with you for several re-applications throughout the day.

05 December, 2010

Halston Z-14 by Halston

This is a love/hate kind of frag. For me its a love all the way because my favorite smell combination in the world is fresh cut wood and Coca Cola. That's exactly what I smell in Z-14, its a rugged, outdoorsy, Paul Bunyan kind of scent. Though it is extremely cheap it has the presence of the more expensive frags but if this sounds like something you might enjoy I still recommend getting your nose on it first before you buy.

The only downside to this frag that I can think of is that the Coca Cola smell I talked about, well its smells like the coke is flat, don't know how to explain it better than that.

1 spray across the middle of the neck to cover both pulse points is plenty, no need to add additional sprays to the chest or wrists. It projects very well for the first hour or so then drys to a medium short range. If you are going to wear it in a small environment like class or the office I recommend spraying this on an hour before you leave to give it time to dry down a bit.

01st December, 2010 (Last Edited: 04 April, 2011)

Escape for Men by Calvin Klein

This is a guilty pleasure of mine and I'm a sucker for the grapefruit/bergamot blend, everyone commented that they hated it when I used to wear it, so now I only wear it on days I'm stuck at home doing homework all day. I can't be the only person who loves this stuff, but since most people don't like it I wouldn't recommend buying it.

Its a very simple smelling scent thats pretty linear and synthetic. I get about 3-4 hours with it on my skin.

01st December, 2010 (Last Edited: 04 April, 2011)

SoCal Cologne by Hollister

A sweet musky scent with a slight woodsy twist. Like I said about Jake from Hollister, its way too popular to get noticed by a girl, or at least spark her interest as she has most certainly smelled it before. SoCal surprised me the first time I wore it as it was linear yet not linear. It actually has a quite nice dry down and a good medium range. Its a well balanced frag for a store brand. Great for middle-school/early high-school, after that you need to start branching out and stop buying frags from the stores you buy cloths.

All in all its a good "starter" cologne for the young crowed but nothing special.

Jake by Hollister

Way too popular of a scent, you wont get noticed by any girls with this. Only a high-school/middle-school frag. Nothing special, very soapy and bland.

Vegas by Playboy

Extremely bland, linear, and un-unique. Smells very synthetic like bad root beer Axe body spray. Not even worth the cheap price tag unless you love it and are in a high-school setting.

David Beckham Instinct by Beckham

I got this frag because it was a girls favorite cologne. Its pretty boring and linear but offers a nice fresh "out of the shower" smell, but like most will tell you, the longevity is terrible. Ive never owned a frag that lasted this short, I get about an hour tops then it dries to an extremely close proximity scent. The only person who will smell it after an hour is a girl kissing you neck.

Uses: I find it great to keep in the car or the gym bag for a quick boost of freshness should your deodorant fail or your real cologne die out on a long day.