Reviews by JubliantUvula

JubliantUvula's avatar
    JubliantUvula

Cabaret by Grès

This has a very ow sillage on me with lots of pachouli... almost smells sweaty...

Grand Amour by Annick Goutal

Starts as a patchouli balanced with a big white flower
    patchouli goes slightly powdery
    which it becomes a woody patchouli.

Wish by Chopard

This did not smell like Angel as I have heard. To me it was a linear Grape Candy.

Le Baiser du Dragon by Cartier

I got a lot of incense, LOTV, and lemon.

Tibetan Mountain Temple by Pacifica

I smelled incense and citrus at the top which turned into BUBBLEGUM! Which proves there's a fine line between incense and bubblegum?!?!

08 May, 2011

Armani Mania for Women by Giorgio Armani

This is a very boring perfume. I get lots of musk and woodsy notes, but nothing descript. I also pick up on some incense, but not impressive. I almost think this is more "masculine" than "feminine" I do not get any bit of orange.

14 April, 2011

Miss Charming by Juliette Has a Gun

A big body rose with geranium and powder, it does not last as long on me as I had hoped.

Tocade by Rochas

I get A LOT of Jasmin and LOV. This lasts Forever, and I mean FOREVER! I hope you planning on wearing this for two days. Like if you want to go on a camping trip and can't shower over night this will last you for two days! I put it on at 2 and worked till 9 and I could smell it as strong as if I had just put it on at nine. Too bad I dont like it.

The cool sharp powderyness of it reminds me of Gucci Rush or Guerlain My Insolence without the sweetness. This does not smell dated to me AT ALL!

Portrait of a Lady by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

I once did roofing for a poor family in the hills of Tennessee and their house stunk like this. Old body odor, mold, and rotting wood. I have no other way to describe the memories that come flooding back from this perfume.

Cristalle Eau de Parfum by Chanel

Sharp.Loud.Annoying.
    I couldn't stand it enough to pick apart any notes

Rose The One by Dolce & Gabbana

Much indeed it is ONE Rose, the rose notes stay for about half the fragrance's life. It is not a bouquet or well balanced, just one rose.

The drydown plummets into a rather woody base with not rose at all, it just disappeared! A barely-there slightly musk and woody base is all that remains after 2 hrs.

At least it is true to it's name, but it will not find itself among my collection.

LouLou by Cacharel

IF you have patience for the initial "cat pee" smell to fade you can open your eyes to a warm floral oriental. I almost swear my hand smells warmer! The bottle is execeptionally unique, but you dont need me to tell you. Great Sillage and great Longevity, will buy a small decant.

LouLou Blue by Cacharel

La Perla by La Perla

Opens as an 80's floral.
    I continues as a soft oriental with low sillage. The flowers are crushed under for of that one BIG 80's note. The flowers turn to dust, smelling powdery. Not for me!

MV3 by M.A.C

a gorgeous carmely liguer bordering on smelling like rubber

07 April, 2011

Stetson by Stetson

Overall I would describe this as a soapy vanilla. On top I smell vanilla and berries, soon the musk comes out bringing with it an Oriental spice. In turn the vanilla becomes more delicate. I picture the vanilla as a veil through which you are seeing a spicy lady. The spiciness turns boozy and almost powdery Oriental. After awhile the veil falls leaving only an old spice sitting by itself, very sheer.

Premier Jour by Nina Ricci

This scent was fairly linear on me and I thought it was a mens fragrance. Starts woody citrus and then the wood dies down and couple light flowers bloom where it was standing, it is spring! Somehow the Citrus and woodyness finds its way back smothering the delicate flowers.

Like Spring in Michigan, It is not meant for my skin.

cK be by Calvin Klein

This smelled great on a tester and continued to smell great on the tester. This smelled terrible on me and continues to smell terrible on me. I tend to like CK so I tried it fast, but found I couldn't get it off of me fast ENOUGH!Started as a pretty good balanced Floral/ Musk, Immediatly dried down to a woody/ musk and stayed there for the remainder of 3hrs. It smells like cardboard on me. I liked Excape much better!

Escape by Calvin Klein

what a WONDERFUL fragrant! I tried it today for the first time. Most peoples comments are about it's nostalgia, given I am only 20 and have no nostalgia from it I still LOVED it!!! It is a bit strong at first but the drydown is esquisite! I think I will purchase a small bottle for my collection. hrs after I sprayed it it is still very strong.

Nina (new) by Nina Ricci

it smells like candy.
    Imagine you are a 10 year old girl. You dance in the living room to Hannah Montana wearing your older sisters makeup without telling and eat Jolly Ranchers till you have a tummy ache. Your breathe will smell like this.

Magnifique by Lancôme

This scent is a circular skin scent on me. At first I smell a sweet tobacco, then vanilla, then tobacco, then vanilla. The dance continues until the base where they stand arm in arm exhausted and calm. The entire time I could smell both at the same time. Very well blended and beautiful, but did not last as long as I had hoped.