Reviews by syntheticangel

Indigo by Nest

The first time I wore this, I loved it. struck me as something I have smelled before. Im not saying it is common. I have smelled A LOT of perfumes over the years. The notes I smell in this, which are not listed, are patchouli, pepper and rose. This smells, imo, like a dupe of, The Different Co. "Rose Poivre". I owned Rose Poivre, and I'm using a spray sample of, Indigo. The patchouli and pepper notes, is what got cloying to me, and why I sold Rose Poivre. It also reminds me of Incense Oud, that cardamon, wtf? Its like rose poivre and incense oud merged.

I also got a sample of Elizabeth and James Nirvana Rose(patchouli, didnt smell much rose?), which also struck me as something I've smelled before, it smells like, by Killian Straight to Heaven, I'll go review that next. I dont usually give mainstream fragrance the time of day but was looking for a cheaper daily wear.

Asphalt Rainbow by Charenton Macerations

Awesome rose! I have been searching for a rose(for years and many samples later), that I could tolerate, and I think this is it- my next FB. This is amazingly different from anything I have smelled before, VERY unique! Refreshing rose, but the rose is thankfully buried in the blend so well that it doesnt become cloying(annoying), like a lot(most) roses do. I abosolutely love this! Very modern and invokes trippy memories.

Blue Encens by Comme des Garçons

So when I finally ran out of my bottle of Kyoto a few years ago, I bought a replacement on ebay and just couldnt stand the pepper note. This is like the updated Kyoto. Woody, sweet, antique doll smell, like kyoto, without the sharp pepper note with a slight transparent tape smell! Would love a spray sample though becasue the last few cdg have been VERY weak as far as longitivity and sillage.

Noir Epices by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

meh. this smells like my neighbors house in the 70's who used to make homemade candles. just the most basic kitchen ingredients here. nothing special.
02nd August, 2012

Play Red by Comme des Garçons

agree with the candy reference. i was thinking cherry lifesavers. or a cherry slushy, and a dip stick at a little league concession stand. definitely cherry, RED and cinnamon. not bad. this faded quickly on me. the green and black outlasted it.
22nd July, 2012

Vetiver 46 by Le Labo

This is one I have visited many times over the years. I need breaks from it and find it is best worn in the Fall, outside. It smells like buring pot leaves. It's great for walking the dog or going on an adventure outside. In my opinion an exact dup of cdg ouarzazate. I like it every now and then but on the wrong day can become a real scrubber. It's on hiatus now, lol....
12th April, 2012 (last edited: 17th April, 2012)

Monyette Paris by Monyette Paris

don't get the hype. this is so incredibly floral and generic. i do not get any coconut whatsoever just sweet, sweet, sweet flowers. not a big floral person so this was pretty repulsive to me. pass!
20th June, 2009

Kiehl's Original Musk by Kiehl's

This is one of my favorites if not my no. 1 favorite musk. I still love it after years of wearing. The bottle has lasted forever too. I find it very comforting and clean. It layers well with almost anything. I am NOT a fan of Musc Ravageur. I found that boring and not at all exciting which is what I expected after all the raves I read. See my review there.
14th December, 2007

Musc Ravageur by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

blech! i had high hopes for this one. i figured anything sold exclusively at barneys would be excellent. not so. this smells like i dabbed some cooking vanilla on my wrist. what a waste of money even for just the sample.
24th May, 2006