Reviews by Joel Meeks

Joel Meeks's avatar
    Joel Meeks

D&G Masculine by Dolce & Gabbana

If you're not a fan of citrus-dominated scents, skip this altogether. It starts out heavily lemony, but then tends to smooth out over a few minutes. For me, one of my staple "SUMMER" scents. Its getting a little harder to find this one, as it has been discontinued since 2008. Also, beware of fakes...my buddy got a fake off of Ebay (remember: factory sealed ONLY)!

Prada Amber pour Homme by Prada

Very laid back, classy tone. Actually TOO subtle for my usual tastes. I felt like I had to put it on ever couple hours throughout the day though. Good for someone who doesn't like the heavy scents, as this is probably the lightest thing I've ever worn.

Eternity for Men by Calvin Klein

My favorite cologne from my high school/early college years, when I mostly wore Gap, Polo, and A&F. Works anytime, with any outfit. Definitely for the younger crowd.

Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme by Salvatore Ferragamo

I have 3 staple scents in my collection that are on constant rotation, and this is one of them. Anytime I see it, and its on sale, I buy it. Its one of the few colognes out there that pretty much works with everyone and stands out. Its also designed in a very unique way, almost impossible to offend anyone...very smooth, and hard to imitate.

Guess Suede by Guess

I'm going to agree with foetidus on this one...WAY better than the original. I was satisfied with the price, you can usually find the whole set discounted. I got the whole SUEDE set, with the 5oz. body/hair wash, 5oz. after shave, and 2.5 oz cologne for $39.99.

I really rocked this one during the beginning of the fall. I like it as a transition fragrance.

Tom Ford Extreme by Tom Ford

Of all the Tom Ford fragrances, nothing else is more distinct. The only reason I don't own this right now is because I can't afford it. If you have the type of skin that reacts well with musks and dark tones, you've got to snag this one. I have never received more compliments than this scent.

I will definitely say that this scent does not work for everyone. I'd say only 1 out of 10 guys can mesh well with the aroma, whereas the "Black Orchid" tends to work well with more people, with about a 7 out of 10 ratio.

360 Degrees Black For Men by Perry Ellis

I was a decent fan of Perry Ellis 360 when I was younger, back in 1998, I wore it in High School, because I thought it was kind of different where I lived. A few months ago, I was looking for something with a dark overtone, and a sweet smell.

This scent works for me, whenever I want something a little subtle, but unique. I'd compare it most closely with the new "La Nuit De L'Homme". In the same vein, but less distinct and alot cheaper.