Reviews by queen_sheba

queen_sheba's avatar
    queen_sheba
    Scotland Scotland

02 Owari by Odin New York

This is really nice - they have only been released in the UK recently. I think No2 is the only true unisex one out of the 4 - the fresh top citrus notes are stunning but it dries down a little on the creamy side.

I think on the right man - this would be a lady killer.

27 June, 2011

Gucci Flora by Gucci

It's okay. On first spritz it is pleasant, dries down okay then all I got was a sharp urine smell - quite astringent and acrid. I was not impressed. This was on a card though so perhaps it needs to react with skin for that note to take a different form.

There are hundreds of better frags to spend my money on. If someone said - here's a bottle for free (ie a gift) I would kindly accept it - but I wouldn't buy it for myself.

Sad to see this is the replacement for Envy - which is a far superior fragrance. This is just basic flowers without the heart and warmth of something like J'Adore.

On a lighter note - the Eau Fraiche is okay - poor sillage but I keep it on my desk for a freshening up (amongst about 10 other samples...)

23 June, 2011

Jicky by Guerlain

Ah yes! This is wonderful. I like it better than Mitsouko or L'Heure Blue - but that probably has a lot to do with the fact that either my grandmother or great grandmother wore those fragrances and therefore they smell like an older lady. I have no doubt I will revisit them in 10 or 20 years.

But for now - the lovely Jicky has got my attention. I'm not sure what civet smells like - but if it is in Jicky then I like it! About 5 minutes in, I got a really creamy note I didn't like - almost like those boiled sweets that were "strawberries and cream" but it went just as quickly and left me with the remainder of the heart and the base notes.

Delightful. On my "to buy list"!

**Review of the EDT**

21st June, 2011

J'Adore by Christian Dior

I'm so sad others don't feel the same way as me about J'Adore. I "adore" this fragrance - every time I smell, either the top, heart or base notes I am charmed by its elegance.

Its sillage is excellent, the basenotes are delicious and it just radiates femininity to me. I feel a million dollars wearing it. The way it develops on my skin is just perfect.

It's one of my next to purchase!

20th June, 2011