Reviews by Rossi46

Rossi46's avatar
    Rossi46

Bijan Black for Men by Bijan

Nothing groundbreaking and not especially 'black', but I actually find this quite pleasant to wear. I usually gravitate towards power scents and fragrances with real punch, but sometimes it's nice to strap on something a little more subtle and this fits the bill quite nicely.

I can't possibly give a thumbs up to any frag I would describe as 'nice' and ''pleasant' but this is certainly not offensive and may actually grow on me over time.

Hardon Cologne by Hardon Gear

I have no idea what this smells like, neither do I care. Utter nonsense!

Avon Musk for Men by Avon

I absolutely love this musk. I haven't tried Kiehl's but I do prefer Avon to the very excellent Jovan musk. to me it's altogether warmer and I like the slightly piney accords that have been pointed out in other reviews.

As you can pick up Avon musk for such ridiculously low prices (as with a lot of excellent Avon products), I think it's an absolute steal!

Sex Appeal for Men by Jovan

I absolutely love this fragrance. As far as bang for your buck goes, this is right up there. Massive patchouli slap in the face, with lots of spice and decent longevity. A truly wonderful, manly 70's creation that I will always have in my wardrobe. A must have.

27 February, 2011

One Man Show by Jacques Bogart

Yes it's rough and relatively unsophisticated (unlike say...Azzaro PH) but I absolutely love this fantastic powerhouse. It is utterly masculine and has fantastic longevity. The opening may be a little harsh and synthetic but it really does dry down into something very warm, manly and long lasting.

Ok it's quirky and a little unusual, and can be initially quite jarring, but it's definately worth the effort to get to know it a bit better. No sitting on the fence here..........a big thumbs up!

24 February, 2011

Joop! Homme by Joop!

Being a newbie I've been a little reluctant to post a review on BN. I'm still learning to pick out individual notes in most fragrances but when I first tried Joop! I thought, for the first time, that this is almost irrelevant. This is an absolute MONSTER! I've been searching for a frag with room clearing sillage and my god have I found it in Joop! Homme.

Having said that the opening is definately a little sweet for my taste but this certainly doesn't put me off. If you want to make a statement and have everyone in the room (or outdoors for that matter!) notice you, this is one to try.

14 February, 2011