Reviews by Delicious Scent

Fille en Aiguilles by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

Pine Needles with Vetiver and Resin in the background

It opens with an intense smell of pine needles, with vetiver and resin hiding in the background. This in itself is evocative of pine trees in winter, so it makes sense when people mention that this scent is great in winter. I personally find this scent is perfect in summer with the cooling camphorous effect of it, something along the lines of menthol or vicks vapor rub.

Filles definitely provides an interesting dynamic of eliciting memories of winter, yet being suitable physically for summer.

Now the bad thing is the longevity is only about 4 hours on me, with projection only lasting about 2 hours and then the scent becomes a skin scent. The basenotes are also meh.

Pros: Sharp, Cooling, Wearable in summer
    Cons: Projection 2 hours, then a skin scent. 4 hours longevity"

14 September, 2013

Homage Attar by Amouage

Nope, stay away

To me, this smells like a Terre d'Hermes flanker. I don't like TdH, it smells like orange dish soap to me, this smells like something similiar. All i get is oranges, citrus, and sandalwood. It isn't a disgusting scent by any means, but an Amouage scent shouldn't have to be described as such in the first place. Was expecting something far more unique. I don't get oud, rose, jasmine, or any of the like.

It is simply an average, generic scent you'd find in a department store. I'd give it a 5/10. Sample this one to be sure.

Pros: Non-offensive
    Cons: Average, generic, department store fragrance"

31st July, 2013

Hermèssence Ambre Narguilé by Hermès

Mmm, this fragrance is simply amazing. It opens up with a sugary sweet blast of honey and cinnamon(which stay all the way to the drydown) which is very pleasing, gourmand lovers will really like this. As the fragrance matures, you start smelling more amber(I think the amber in this one smells like rum+raisins and it has kind of a gummy feel to it, very pleasant), and you also get some sweetened tobacco, along with some other dessert spices. This one isn't easy to label, as it starts as a gourmand, and ends as an oriental

This isn't an overly complex cologne, but it's the best blended one I've ever had the pleasure of smelling. It is thick and the longevity, projection, sillage are superb, but it has a quality transparency to it where it doesn't become cloying. This is the best comfort cologne in my opinion. It's also very sensual and evokes feelings of sitting in my comfortable blanket, eating an apple pie in the middle of a frigid, Canadian winter.

You might think that it sounds silly to pay $235+ to 'smell like an apple pie', but it really does feel like an otherworldly experience to me, and is worth every penny. 10/10 scent, a masterpiece.

30th August, 2012

Musc Ravageur by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

I think I just sent my magnificent secretions flying everywhere. This stuff is great! Cloves, cinnamon, vanilla, and a bit of musk. God damn this stuff is sexy, sensual and just straight smooth, and a hint of dirty in there too, whenever I get a whiff of this stuff off of my wrists I get a great smile!

Not overrated in my opinion, worth the hype, AND $225 .

15 November, 2011

L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake

Well then. I don't know what it is about this scent, but first time I used it, the lemony scent obliterated my nose. As In I couldn't even properly smell the scent for a few hours. I was shocked to be quite honest.Throat felt funny and tingly as well. Upon second application today it seems average at best. It doesn't last overly long on my skin. 2 sprays on the wrist, one on my shirt and it lasts 4 hours, others can smell it on me for about 6.

The smell is nothing special to me either. If you enjoy aquatics, and overly prominent lemony fresh scents--this is for you.

6/10..