Reviews by RaymondNYC

Shanti Shanti by Miller et Bertaux

I bought this for my wife but I wear it all the time! To me, it's a very dry rose and not at all a powdery old-lady perfume. Might even be nice to layer with Tauer's L'Air. Shanti Shanti -- a terrific (unisex) fragrance!
05th July, 2012

Boston Ivy by D.S. & Durga

My first fragrance by ds durga and wow am I impressed! Easily my favorite go-to scent for the springtime. Not quite as green as one might expect after reading the list of notes. Lots of clover. Very long lasting and high quality. Big thumbs up.
18th May, 2012

L'Air du Desert Marocain by Tauer

A desert island fragrance, for sure. Both beautiful and unique — I love it.
08th March, 2012

Ormonde Man by Ormonde Jayne

<del>To me it smells a lot like Clinique's Happy for Men. A pleasant enough scent, though fleeting as the sillage and longevity aren't very good.</del>

On second thought, I've come to really enjoy and admire this fragrance. I'll be wearing it a lot this summer for sure. I wouldn't want to be without this one in my collection. Just marvelous.
02nd November, 2011 (last edited: 18th May, 2012)

Rain by Demeter Fragrance Library

unfortunately for me i bought a bottle, came home and sprayed it all over myself. until it started to wear off i just wanted to hurl. i am completely blown away by how awful this stuff is. stay far away. you have been warned....
14th January, 2011

Sienne L'Hiver by Eau d'Italie

I really wanted to like this but just couldn't get past the sour green olive note.
07th January, 2011

Oud 27 by Le Labo

This is my the first oud fragrance and I purchased it unsniffed. Wow -- a blast of skunkyness and funkyness. Took some getting used to but now I've grown to really love it.
06th January, 2011 (last edited: 07th July, 2011)

The Dreamer by Versace

I was turned on to this from a Chandler Burr review in the NY Times. It deserves five stars for sure. Totally gorgeous.

Black by Bulgari

Purchasing this one is a no-brainer. Along with Gucci PH, the best of the mainstreams for men.

Timbuktu by L'Artisan Parfumeur

To me it's the mango that makes this one so unique. I love the dusty incense. Perfect any time of year. I need to pick up a second bottle soon cause I'm running dangerously low.

Gucci pour Homme by Gucci

Love it. Every man should own this one.

Rush by Gucci

I bought this for my wife -- I love it on her!

Dzongkha by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Big giant thumbs up. Superb, amazing, cool. This is the real deal. I wear it in wintertime. There's nothing better.

Chypre Rouge by Serge Lutens

I could see why this one gets such mixed reviews: it's cloyingly sweet and somewhat unusual. I like the immortelle note. I really like this fragrance.

Tabac Aurea by Sonoma Scent Studio

My favorite tobacco-scented fragrance. I like it even more than the wildly popular SL Chergui. Tabac Aurea is must-have -- it's the one I reach for come autumn, along with Rose 31 and Like This.

Tilda Swinton Like This by Etat Libre d'Orange

I bought this for my wife -- but I wear it as much as she does. It's terrific.

parfums*PARFUMS Series 6 Synthetic: Skai by Comme des Garçons

I like to wear this one in the summer. It's a good fragrance, though it's a shame the bottle is cheap and messy.

Comme des Garçons 2 by Comme des Garçons

This is my favorite from the CdG line. Unique and beautiful fragrance that can be worn year-round.

Paestum Rose by Eau d'Italie

Big thumbs up. An all-time fave. It puts me in a happy state of mind whenever I wear it.