Reviews by tinker424

tinker424's avatar
    tinker424

Cuir Venenum 03 by Parfumerie Generale

This is the sweet smell of brand-new leather to me. En Avion from Caron has a topnote of old, worn leather from the seat of a single-engine airplane . Cuir Venenum is brand new leather from a $5000 purse. Delicious...

29 July, 2006

Mayotte / Mahora by Guerlain

Mahora is pure oriental on my skin, no tuberose or coconut. Alot of sandalwood and spicy vanilla. I have the EDP, the EDT is supposed to be more floral/tropical.

22 June, 2006

Cococabana by Nicolaï

I couldn't wait to try this, but it was a big disappointment! It's not tropical or refreshing, it is bland,unsweetened coconut milk mixed with cooking oil.

Sanguine by Keiko Mecheri

OH BOY!! This is beautiful. The juicy blood orange and smooth musk are perfect together. This is clean and sexy at the same time.I get compliments every time I wear it. Great sillage and long lasting. Thank you Keiko!

Musk by Lorenzo Villoresi

This stays powdery rose on me and it is my comfort scent at night. This could be a let down for people who buy it unsniffed because it is really not a musk scent.It reminds me of the top-note of Sweet Oriental Dream by Montale.

Angel by Thierry Mugler

This was my love around 2001. I swam in the stuff. Florals tend to sour on me and this was the perfect solution at the time. I never smelled anything like chocolate on me,lots of patchouli and honey. I don't wear it anymore..too many other loves right now.

Secrète Datura by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier

The first half hour,it is STRONG, almost obnoxious, but it mellows to the most wonderful gourmand-floral I have ever smelled. This is what I always wanted Angel to smell like. I can definately smell the chocalate note in this one, I never could in Angel.

06 May, 2006

Remember Me by Christian Dior

I like this vey much! It is a very soapy lily of the valley. Not as smooth as Diorissimo but very nice indeed.

06 May, 2006

Enchantress by Stacked Style

This smells like Pink Sugar, maybe a little heavier. There is not a big difference between the two but I prefer Pink sugar.

01st May, 2006

Le Parfum de Thérèse by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

I completely agree with helg. I want to like but the melon is overbearing. Not for me:(

01st May, 2006

Musc de Java by Les Néréides

My favorite!! This is not complex but it is my pleasure to own it. It gets compared to L'Artisans Mure et Musc but it's like comparing apples and oranges. This is sweet hay, honey, and blackberry with a slight touch of musk.

Fleur Poudrée de Musc by Les Néréides

I bought this unsniffed and the perfume god's punished me for it! Smells similar to Woman(Women?) by Jovan but more harsh.I held on to it for months trying to make peace with it but couldn't. We just hard to part ways.

Douceur de Vanille by Les Néréides

Baby powder and coco powder. With the faintest touch of rose/anise you could imagine....but this is baby powder, bottom line. I use it on my toddler and it suits her and becomes quite a cute scent. On my skin it sits unchanged, until I feel sick and have to scrub it. I like powdery scents but this is toooo much.

Botrytis by Ginestet

Spiced honey. Very sweet, very gourmand, very gone in 15 minutes.

Curious by Britney Spears

I sprayed this on at the store expecting to tear it apart but it is so nice I ended up with the mini. I wear when it gets very hot/humid and it never sours.The magnolia and musk stay fresh. My humble-pie was delicious!

Rahät Loukoum by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

To me this is a nice rosy/almondy eau de toilette. It is very faint, not alot of sillage. I like Un Bois Vanille alot more.

Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana

I loved this for a month then all of a sudden, it became the CEDAR MONSTER! Bleh...

Violetta di Parma by Borsari

This might be too sweet for some, but to me it is very similar to L'Artisan's Mimosa, sweet,green ,and uplifting. All in all a beautiful scent at a decent price(finally!).

Nymphéa by Il Profumo

This starts off VERY sharp, almost offensive, strong waterlily. That calms within a few minutes to a very serene waterlily scent with tiny hints of milky fig and honey. This is an aquatic scent that doesn't reek of "ozone accord" or algae. My only complaint is after inital application there is not alot sillage.

26 April, 2006

Je T'Aime by Des Filles a la Vanille

The berries are too astringent and the vanilla is thick and syrup-like.The notes do not blend well, they fight for attention. The only other scent I dislike this much is the Drakkar my ex-husband used to BATHE in. Very over priced for what it is.

26 April, 2006