Reviews by TinselX

Organza Indécence by Givenchy

To me, this is a very, very dark and spicy vanilla scent. It's also very, very strong. I spray it in the air and then do a "walk-through", so as not to saturate myself. I like it...don't love it.

26 October, 2005

Lemon Sugar by Fresh

Wow, this is in a class by itself. Very lemony, almost identical to the oh-so-over-priced Clean. Surprisingly long-lasting, but definitely not a scent for everyone's taste. I get mixed reviews from others on this one when I wear it.

Tam Dao by Diptyque

Sandalwood is one of my favorite notes...except not in this fragrance. I don't get the "real" sandalwood...I get an imposter, some note trying to be sandalwood. My husband says it smells identical to Snuggle fabric softener. Not good...

Banana Republic Classic by Banana Republic

Very clean scent. The dry-down is just gorgeous. Sadly, this one doesn't have great staying-power. Wish it did.

Body by Victoria by Victoria's Secret

Very clean and long-lasting. Not very good at describing notes, but this is a great scent for summer. Should also work well in the office.

Max Mara by Max Mara

Starts out FANTASTIC. But those beautiful top notes fade so quickly and the dry-down notes are not very interesting or nice. The sweetness needs to stay around longer.

Hot Couture by Givenchy

Very unique scent...sweet and peppery at the same time, which keeps it from being cloying. I like to layer it with sandalwood to round it out a bit. Definite compliment-getter...so the sillage must be great.

Carrìerre by Gendarme

Love this for summer. Super-clean smelling, but not very long-lasting. Very citrusy with a musk dry-down. Could never offend anyone.

Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana

I like it. Not in love, but definitely different than most "clean" scents these days. Smells almost identical to Moschino's I Love Love. I'd describe this as a crisp scent, not very sweet. Shouldn't offend anyone...very safe, I think.

Wild Musk by Coty

Such a classic, cheap or not. One of the first fragrances I ever lusted after. Have owned it since I was about 10 years old. This is the epitome of musk to me (probably because it's one of the first musks I owned). Great sillage and great staying power. Will always love this...

Il Bacio by Borghese

The above review says it all. This is a very different scent...complex and interesting. Peach is the dominant note...to me, anyway. Not sickly sweet peach, though. Very rich and feminine.

OP Juice for Women by Ocean Pacific

Very unique and clean, with a touch of sweetness. Has a weird note in the dry-down that I can't put my finger on...same weird note as I Love Love. Would have been my HG if it weren't for that note. Still like it, though.

26 August, 2005