Reviews

Reviews by Ozjon701

L'Eau Chic by Nicolaï

The peppermint and lavender are both quite prominent at the top but well blended with neither overpowering the other. I certainly get soapiness, Patricia de Nicolai succeeded in that intention, and a refrained Iris in the mid. A better nose than mine may pick out the clove and spice, they must be well in the background. Nice stuff.
19th March, 2012

Roadster Sport by Cartier

I too tested Roadster Sport along side the original and both mine and my wife's preference was for this one. I find it to be a decent casual fragrance, with good longevity and an interesting hint of spice which makes it a viable option year round.
06th September, 2011

Balle de Match / L'Eau De Sport by Nicolaï

This is indeed a true sports scent. I'm thinking parkland cricket or lawn tennis club when I smell Balle de Match. Now I own and enjoy several mainstream 'sport' scents but few bring to my mind sunshine, closely cut grass and athletic pursuits quite like this. Given a fresh scent with a touch of leather and I might think sports-car, a touch of civet and perhaps I might get 'athletic support', but this PdN makes me want to get my tennis balls out and have a hit. Sadly some ‘sport’ scents have all the appeal of diluted water, more apt descriptors might be ‘diet light’, or ‘casual stroll’. Nothing I've smelt so far says Sport quite like Balle de Match.
01st August, 2011