Reviews

Reviews by singer74

Dream Angels Heavenly by Victoria's Secret

I think the answer to Heavenly's popularity is simple: It's very wearable. It doesn't change much from person to person and it's quiet and inoffensive.

To me Heavenly is perfect for office wear, when you don't want to be knocking out everyone around you or announcing your presence. I personally like to wear it at home for casual use. I am home with small children most of the time, so this perfume is nice for a little lift without being too much.

All that being said, is this a great perfume? No, not in the sense of being like a fine wine. However, based on sheer popularity, it could someday be regarded as such, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that either. I can appreciate a boxed wine just as much as I can appreciate Moet -- they both have their place and time.
05th February, 2011

Black for Her by Kenneth Cole

Eh..... Just a plain old floral. It makes me think of a Crabtree and Evelyn soap, or maybe something by Yardley. Not that there's anything wrong with that! -- It just definitely wasn't what I was looking for. Was supposed to have notes of citrus, sandalwood, and musk, but I get none of that whatsoever... no sensuality. Just a one- or two-note floral.

Even as a floral scent, I have to agree with other reviewers that this is very safe and predictable. Pretty, but boring.
03rd February, 2011

Jean Paul Gaultier Classique by Jean Paul Gaultier

This is a nice soft scent, if a bit sweet. I agree that come summer it will probably be heavy, but now in the dead of winter I'm really liking it. It won't be my everyday thing, but it's nice for going out to dinner or to a party.
02nd February, 2011