Reviews by Vialman

Red for Men by Giorgio Beverly Hills

Red is Back!! I bought 6 bottles, new, sealed, with Elizabeth Arden Dist. Inc. labled under the bottle. This well kept secret re-launch had everyone guessing...is it old stock resurrected? I say No! Some friends I have who are in the "know: and "nose", say the demand over the years has lead to the redefined, relaunch. You won't find it in any major department store..especially since EA is slowly releasing the "new stuff" throughout the internet fragrance stores. It has always been a "hot-seductive" scent, and the formula has not changed. I'm glad I have some stock in it, and I will contnue to buy a few bottles every now and then...just in case they "kill it off". Those in the know pay homage to such a fine and distinguished fragrance.
    I love Red..and always will!
    ~vialman~

01st June, 2008

Brit for Men by Burberry

A muted/powdery fragrance that dries down to a musky warm woody base. Very pleasant, versatile, and classic. Can't wait to get a bottle...or two:)) Ernie G.

05 September, 2004

CerrutiSí by Cerruti

I was lucky enough to get a bottle and some samples of CerrutiSi a few weeks ago. It is quite delcious with a different spin from the mainstream.."fresh" scents. Its warm and fresh, but light and longlasting on me!
    The bottle with its wooden cap is very tactile and modern. Ive always been a big fan of Cerruti, so Thumbs Up! on this new creation!

17 April, 2004

Paul Smith Extreme Men by Paul Smith

I toally agree with Fredrik of Sweden. This fragrance is Unique, in that its fresh, light and long lasting! Its like Frederic Malle's "vetiver extraordinaire", very aromatic and uplifting! I get loads of compliments about its fresh and sexy aroma! Im glad its not so popular! Im happy to be amongst a smaller group of fans...unique and distinct!

16 January, 2004

Rive Gauche pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

I love this fragrance! A great new experience awaits you! Try it! Its masculine and fresh with a lavender/patchouli blend that lingers and lasts! Its reminicent of the scents from the late 70's, early 80's... Strong but not overpowering, sexy and smooth! The bottle is made of lightweight aluminum and is long and cylindrical. Its one of my favorite new releases to date!! Take a "sniff" down a different fragrance path....Rive Gauche!!

Ciel Man by Amouage

After receiving a few samples of Ciel I was hoping I'd love it since the Amouage name is renowned. Unfortunately, I was disappointed by the very heady and feminine floral that it is. I think Amouage is trying to capture a younger more mainstream market with this new release, but it certainly will not appeal to many men, young or old, that I know. The ladies like it, but not on a man. I love practically all scents for different reasons, but I'd have to give this one a generous rating of "neutral"

Purple Label by Ralph Lauren

Very smooth, subtle, and close to the skin, a fresh familiarity awaits with Purple Label. It reminds me of Lanvin Homme with more depth. I like this fragrance for its richness and smooth musky base, but it isn't so unique or longlasting. The bottle is great. Classy and elegant, but I expected more from the juice. Even though..my thumb goes up! and I generously "spritz" :)

Dia Man by Amouage

Dia is to "die for"! It is Amouage's greatest creation for Men! Rich and deep, but smooth. Longlasting and sophisticated! The blend of uncommon notes makes this Top Shelf fragrance worth every penny.

Gucci pour Homme by Gucci

Another fabulous scent from Tom Ford! Mainstream, it is not! Smooth, woody/leathery and refined! Deep dark amber color juice, and a heavy, thick, square glass bottle, gives this distinct fragrance alot of clout! The amber/leather basenotes with the papyrus/orris heart, gives this fragrance its longlasting, but subtle appeal. Another "sniff" down a different fragrance path. Try it!! and Rive Gauche too!

273 Indigo for Men by Fred Hayman

I was always a fan of 273 so when I received some samples of 273 Indigo, I thought.." Another "Blue" Fragrance"! How wrong I was! 273 Indigo is a very comfortable, warm and sexy scent! Bergamot blossom opens this very uncomplicated fragrance, leading to a very smooth vetiver heart. The smooth musky basenote really makes this fragrance linger! Its fresh, sexy and warm... and very easy to like. I wouldn't call this a "groundbreaking" fragrance, just a very nice and easy scent, that can be worn at anytime, and any season! With so many common "Blue" titled fragrances out there, 273 "Indigo" stands on its own!

01st September, 2003

Eau Parfumée au Thé Blanc by Bulgari

Why is this familiar someone asks?... It is a cross between Ckone and Ckbe in my olfactory opinion. Very smooth and cottony clean. Musky florals and Tea. I like this very much! Very easy to wear and the body products are fantastic! Many compliments from the ladies!!..and Men:) I'm sure the 'extreme' version will follow as most Bvlgari products do! It is however, very long lasting!

21st June, 2003

Essenza di Zegna by Ermenegildo Zegna

A very light and pleasant aroma similar to Acqua di Gio but smoother and not as "biting". The myrtle note that is dominant is very soothing and soft. The fragrance lasts without being strong or overpowering. The bottle is very tactile, slim and flattened. The cap is thick and heavy. A great everyday scent!

10th June, 2003

Elite by Floris

This mellow citrus/woody scent is very sophisticated, confident, and mature. There is a touch of tuberose to give it its unique signature. The combination of bergamot, grapefruit, sandalwood, vetiver, lavender, oakmoss, patchouli is very classic..add the tuberose note and the flavor is apart form the woody/citrus mainstream scents. Very well constructed and from the oldest family run perfume house in London!

03 March, 2002

X-Centric by Dunhill

I was at a local Macy's today, and they had X-Centric, and samples!!! Vialman was happy:-) I did get a bottle ( couldn't resist) and body lotion and shower gel!! Cha Ching!!! Jackpot!! I like the watery floral mix... very aquatic! The clary sage and freesia really stand out on my skin as well!!

06 September, 2001

Blu pour Homme by Bulgari

I Love it!!! Really!! You guys will find this effervescent, warm gingery juice to be very Mediterranean in composition ( very Italian!!!) It does remind me of Kiton Napoli and Minotaur with a cool gingery bite to it!

22 August, 2001

Cristobal pour Homme by Balenciaga

This is a very true, rich Oriental. It is in the same genre as Joop Homme...but its far more subdued, and much lighter. I find that it lasts without being overdone, and gets very favorable comments! Its definately worth spritzin'!!:-)

21st August, 2001 (Last Edited: 02 September, 2001)

L'Anarchiste by Caron

It took me a few days before I really started to appreciate this scent! It is very unique and delicious! The bottle is unique as well. A "living copper" material that develops a rich patina over time.

04 August, 2001

Yohji Homme by Yohji Yamamoto

This scent took a few days of me wearing it, to really notice it subtle beauty!! Really, Its so well made and you can detect so many individual notes as well as the total blend! A richness of light fresh coffee, rum, and licorice, cinnamon to sweeten, and a warm sandalwood and ambery leather mix.mmmmm

03 August, 2001

Vetyver by Jo Malone

Its very appealing. Unlike Guerlain's, its lighter, lemony, and pleasantly reminds me of Armani eau pour homme.

03 August, 2001

Mambo for Men by Liz Claiborne

My first impressions are as follows. Immediately, there is a fresh,clean, musky note that makes me feel comfortable! Its a sexy, soft, velvety smell. It is definately a universal scent in its blend. I keep sniffing myself as its evolving! I thought it would be more spicy!!, and Im glad its not. It has a balanced freshness and warmth!! Can't wait to hear your views:-) Claiborne has another winner!!

29 June, 2001

Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

I wore it for years in the 80's! It was my signature scent! Now, my signature scent varies from week to week!!lol It is a rich, seductive fragrance that lingers and penetrates the skin! A girl that I knew back then wore it exclusively; because it was Cher's favorite scent!. She was known to wear it, and bathe her boy toys in it as well!! LOL! "If I could turn back time" :-) lol I have to go find the old mini I have of it for a revisit!!:-)

09 June, 2001

Eau de Cartier by Cartier

it was very light and similar to a softer version of Jil Sander men. Ive worn it all day..and it is a scent that really lasts..but very close to the skin! I was able to smell it clearly when I sniffed my wrists closely all day! I did refresh...but then I always do with any scent

25 May, 2001

Minotaure by Paloma Picasso

I wore it years ago and always loved it! Its a citrusy warm oriental in the same arena as Allure & Lalique Bleu. Very comfortable and easy to wear! Great bottle too!!

22 May, 2001

Must de Cartier pour Homme by Cartier

Buy the Essence and the EDT!! They are fabulous oriental blends that are very complex and long lasting. The drydown is ambery with a soft tonka bean finish. The freshness of the mandarine and anise circulates throughout the scent! The packaging and bottles are of excellent quality from this very fine Fragrance and Jewelry House.

25 April, 2001

Devin by Aramis

I remember over 20 years ago ( yeah, some of you weren't even around then.. hehe) my first fragrance that I bathed in was Devin by Aramis! I haven't smelled this since then...but I recall I was always getting compliments.

25 April, 2001

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

It reminds me of a chocolate bar that fell into a cup of latte and spilled all over some cotton candy...and "stuck" there and fermented for days! Sorry..but No A*Men for me:-(

04 April, 2001

DKNY Men (original) by Donna Karan

I bought DKNY around the holidays,and thought I really liked it...NOT! It didn't take long for me to put it aside. Nothing to write home about at all! The bottle also bugs me..its too long and narrow, and kept falling over on my dresser. I had 3/4 of the large bottle left, and used it as a room freshener!!...pass this one up!

29 March, 2001

Lanvin L'Homme by Lanvin

Yes!! Lanvin is very nice..I've used it for a few years now..It's a crisp, but warm sensual woody mix. Very well blended and refined. Definately worth trying..and buying:-)

15 March, 2001

Insensé by Givenchy

Yes, I ve worn Insensé and really liked it too! I still have a mini or two in storage. It is a very different and unique scent for a man. When it first came out, I wore it for months..and a female friend said it reminded her of Amarige (?)

26 February, 2001

Baie de Genièvre by Creed

I have a sample of Baie de Genievre..and I wasn't moved by it..it sorta has a licorice aroma that I don't find appealing. The dry down isn't as bad..but I wouldn't put this one on my Creed's must have list.

21st January, 2001